Raider Training Camp 2024

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Both Minshew and AOC have the ability to read the field and hit open guys. Both guys will have their best season if starting 

The frustrating part will come when we Notice a more talented QB would get more out of the parts on the team. We will win 10 games this season 10-7

And both are wildly inconsistent, miss a lot of passes they should make and are prone to mistakes. 

They will win 7-8 games because of inconsistent QB play. I can count 3 games all season in which the QBs are equal. Panthers, Broncos. And in both games, that's debatable. 

Defense alone isn't winning 10 games. 

5 hours ago, true2form said:

This.

We will all be in agreement by midseason that our QB is not on the roster.

I knew this after the draft. But homers will lie to themselves and say they can win 10 games with these guys. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I knew this after the draft. But homers will lie to themselves and say they can win 10 games with these guys. 

same as last season. Most knew Jimmy sucked, Homers lied to themselves and said he couldnt be worse. 

Fair?

• Like 3

I think on the raider forum, it should be fine for people to be excited. 
QB is clerly the biggest question mark on our team. Has been for what 20 years? 

Our D has improved greatly, our O has some weapons, we actually ended the season decently strong. 
Those are things we couldnt say in past years, all while still having questions at QB play... yet we were allowed to be excited then? 
Were you not hyping everyone up on Jimmy last year? Why was that allowed? 

Why do some feel they can call others homers, when theyve been excited about this team in the past 20 years too to only be disappointed lol. . . clearly we are all homers for the raiders no?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think we are making it up that there are people on this forum that thinks our QBotF is on our roster.  I think every single poster on this forum knows for a fact that we will going into next offseason looking to draft a QB in the first round or land the biggest name in FA.  

Even if someone is saying we will win 10 games with these guys, it isn't because of them, but because of our defense being a top 10 unit and Zamir White being better than projected (which is much more likely than Minshew or AOC throwing 30 TDs IMO).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

same as last season. Most knew Jimmy sucked, Homers lied to themselves and said he couldnt be worse. 

Fair?

I think only one person genuinely believed in him (might have been sarcasm?).  I knew the moment he became our QB1 that we were doomed.  I legit had no desire whatsoever to watch Raiders games while he was starting.  I knew he had a noodle for an arm and was made of glass.  I genuinely hated the position we were in. 

Once McDonald's was fired and Jimmy G. was benched, I was finally excited watch some Raiders games.  Luckily, we had some really good games (2nd LAC and 2nd KC games immediately come to mind).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Our D has improved greatly, our O has some weapons, we actually ended the season decently strong. 
Those are things we couldnt say in past years, all while still having questions at QB play... yet we were allowed to be excited then? 

Why do some feel they can call others homers, when theyve been excited about this team in the past 20 years too to only be disappointed lol. . . clearly we are all homers for the raiders no?

Of course...I used to be that guy, but years of mediocrity have made me cynical. 

Fact is, this is a QB league. The teams that consistently make the playoffs have the QB position solved. Raiders are still trying to find that guy post Rich Gannon. 

I was emphatically not hyping Jimmy G. At best I said he's a vet who knows the system. 

There are certain posters who predict 10+ wins and the playoffs every year. They are the homers. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Responding to the bold in order.

Defense was clearly the biggest question mark during DC's tenure with the Raiders other than in 2016.  I think they were legit ranked the worst in the NFL during his time on the team.  They literally turned it around the year after he left.  Lol.  I will admit that maybe some of that had to do with his play.  But still, they were terrible during his time here.

No one should have been hyping up Jimmy G., no one.  It shouldn't have been allowed.  I wish there was a way to give a deflated football to those posts showing my disdain for posts hyping up Jimmy G. (like how we have the football for posts we like).

We are all homers. 💯

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Responding to the bold in order.

Defense was clearly the biggest question mark during DC's tenure with the Raiders other than in 2016.  I think they were legit ranked the worst in the NFL during his time on the team.  They literally turned it around the year after he left.  Lol.  I will admit that maybe some of that had to do with his play.  But still, they were terrible during his time here.

No one should have been hyping up Jimmy G., no one.  It shouldn't have been allowed.  I wish there was a way to give a deflated football to those posts showing my disdain for posts hyping up Jimmy G. (like how we have the football for posts we like).

We are all homers. 💯

definitely every year there are things to be excited about and things to be concerned about. 
You hope the excited things come to fruition while the concerns go away. 

If AOC or Minshew is decent, this team can sneak into the playoffs no doubt. 

definitely being a homer, but in the nfl, if your biggest question mark can just be decent you have a good shot at the playoffs. 

• Like 1

This is essentially the problem;

If raiders get decent qb play they’ll make the playoffs 

If that happens, then our decentqb play will be elevated to good qb play by some and media, since we made the playoffs. 

And this is why QBs get massively overpaid. 

Pretty sure it was one poster hyping up Jimmy glass.....lol. it sure as HEL* wasn't me. Didn't want him and didn't want mcdummy either. In actuality there were a few posters hyping up Jimmy glass, but I give a tiny benefit of the doubt due to the fact that a huge part of their hope/rationale whatever was based off of their dislike of the previous qb....whatever their reason.....they were flat*ss WRONG!! the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

This is essentially the problem;

If raiders get decent qb play they’ll make the playoffs 

If that happens, then our decentqb play will be elevated to good qb play by some and media, since we made the playoffs. 

And this is why QBs get massively overpaid. 

Yessir, and Kermits deal is looking pretty thrifty now. He's like the 10th or 11th highest now....damn qbs!!! Lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Where are all the McDaniels supporters now?

• Like 1