Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

59 minutes ago, August4th said:

I swear, kenny picket and the offense last yr killed any hype I get from reading TC reports. I'm not getting burned again lol

The only reports I care about is the physicality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I swear, kenny picket and the offense last yr killed any hype I get from reading TC reports. I'm not getting burned again lol

For me it’s the clips being passed around Twitter on some of these Justin Fields throws. It’s obvious we haven’t had a QB with this live of an arm since pre elbow injury Big Ben. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

For me it’s the clips being passed around Twitter on some of these Justin Fields throws. It’s obvious we haven’t had a QB with this live of an arm since pre elbow injury Big Ben. 

Between his firing the ball and players talking about liking Russell’s moon balls I’m excited by the shot play possibility. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

They may be minimizing him to see what they have elsewhere, he may have not been placed in the best position to make plays last year, but Fitzpatrick is paid to be an elite safety. He needs to be a factor in terms of making game changing plays this year or they need to draft a successor (or at least someone with elite potential to play next to him on the back end). If he can’t return to his former level of game changing play when given ‘free/centerfield duties’ more this year, perhaps they should ponder a move to strong responsibilities for him. He is close to 210 lbs, after all. I am by no means saying he is done being the player he was, just that he has to do that again for this defense to reach its potential on the third level next particularly now wherein our corners can be among the best group in the NFL. And, also to justify his contract.

Edited by rlon

42 minutes ago, rlon said:

They may be minimizing him to see what they have elsewhere, he may have not been placed in the best position to make plays last year, but Fitzpatrick is paid to be an elite safety. He needs to be a factor in terms of making game changing plays this year or they need to draft a successor (or at least someone with elite potential to play next to him on the back end). If he can’t return to his former level of game changing play when given ‘free/centerfield duties’ more this year, perhaps they should ponder a move to strong responsibilities for him. He is close to 210 lbs, after all. I am by no means saying he is done being the player he was, just that he has to do that again for this defense to reach its potential on the third level next particularly now wherein our corners can be among the best group in the NFL. And, also to justify his contract.

Fitz is a veteran that doesn't need a lot of reps. Also, Sutton has been taking Safety reps and Elliot has been in the Slot some. Moving players around like chess pieces or changing their responsibilities pre-snap could disrupt some offenses. That may be a part of it but as the post stated; they are prolly just looking at who could fill that role if heaven forbid Fitz goes down. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Fitz is a veteran that doesn't need a lot of reps. Also, Sutton has been taking Safety reps and Elliot has been in the Slot some. Moving players around like chess pieces or changing their responsibilities pre-snap could disrupt some offenses. That may be a part of it but as the post stated; they are prolly just looking at who could fill that role if heaven forbid Fitz goes down. 

I don’t think his missing reps really matters. I just think it’s a big year for him, and he needs to be healthy and step up for this to truly be an elite defense. 

1 minute ago, rlon said:

I don’t think his missing reps really matters. I just think it’s a big year for him, and he needs to be healthy and step up for this to truly be an elite defense. 

Absolutely. 

11 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I think (again just gut feeling) is they plan on letting him just play CF all alone. So I think it’s a cool idea to work everyone else in there around that idea so when suddenly he’s there everything is so much easier. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

B. Jones played LT with Fautanu at RT yesterday

About time they actually started setting something in motion in terms of making a decision, though I don't think it's the right one. Hope I'm wrong...

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

That's great news. I mentally had him penciled in at the WR #2 prior to TC but have been impressed with what I've seen and heard about Jefferson and CA3. While the injury was luckily not serious, he will be missing crucial TC reps. Given the performance of the other 2 mentioned, he will likely start as WR #4. IMO anyways. 

• Like 1