2024 Eagles Training Camp

I want to take this moment in time to just highlight to everyone, Jalen Hurts is looking really good right now. Yes it's TC, but let's just stop, pause, and be optimistic for the time being regarding Jalen.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Danger said:

I want to take this moment in time to just highlight to everyone, Jalen Hurts is looking really good right now. Yes it's TC, but let's just stop, pause, and be optimistic for the time being regarding Jalen.

I would be cautiously optimistic due to the offensive scheme literally being designed to beat up on vics defense and also has all pros to do so. Not every team runs that scheme and has such weak lbs and pass rush to beat up on. I think he is going to have a good season personally, but we've seen training camp heroes before. Either way, let's go birds 

17 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Isn't that what Goedert is supposed to be? That said if he wins out the #3 I expect a slot of looks where Smitty lines up in the slot.  I expect a lot of that anyway, but Smith is going to eat guys up inside with his route running.

Supposedly, but this way we can do way more 11 personnel (in theory). But you and @UndyTaker are right about who might line in the slot more. 

14 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Feels like the LB core is going to be a disaster yet again. All of the Eagles LBs best trait is blitzing. 

We just can't evaluate that position. I don't know how you scout Zack Baun and end up seeing a starter. Then you add Devin White... that's just malpractice. 

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

We just can't evaluate that position. I don't know how you scout Zack Baun and end up seeing a starter. Then you add Devin White... that's just malpractice. 

The Hate on Devin White is unreal. He is going to ball out and its going to be amazing. 

I see Trotter Jr. becoming the #2 w/ Baun and Dean Rotating 

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The Hate on Devin White is unreal. He is going to ball out and its going to be amazing. 

I see Trotter Jr. becoming the #2 w/ Baun and Dean Rotating 

It's not hate, he's had like one good year in his career and that was 3-4 years ago. 

What are you basing your first sentence on?

As for Trotter JR. Some times I forget he's on the team, because he's rarely mentioned. If you see him as the #2 there's no indication that is happening this year. 

These are notes from BGN:

• Avonte Maddox notably took some first-team reps at safety with CJGJ not practicing. It was James Bradberry who filled in for CJGJ on Monday.

• Saquon Barkley had one of his better runs of camp, taking advantage of open space paved by the offensive line.

• Jalen Carter deflected a Hurts pass at the line of scrimmage.

• Marlon Tuipulotu also deflected a Hurts pass at the line of scrimmage.

• Moro Ojomo exploded into the backfield for a “TFL.” He’s been making his case for not only a roster spot but playing time in the defensive tackle rotation.

• Quinyon Mitchell got in position to force Hurts to slide down in the backfield for a “sack.” Nice nickel CB blitz.

• Tristin McCollum was in position to light up Tyrion Davis-Price as the running back made a catch in the flat. I like a Tristin McCollum; they should at least keep him around on the practice squad again.

• Jalyx Hunt got good pressure on Pickett by beating Max Scharping at left tackle.

• Lew Nichols dropped a ball that was pitched to him for a fumble. Nichols also had some fumbling issues on Monday.

• Brett Toth, who struggled snapping the ball so badly as the second-team center last year that it ruined practice reps, had another bad snap today.

17 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Feels like the LB core is going to be a disaster yet again. All of the Eagles LBs best trait is blitzing. 

It can't be worse than last year.  They all at least seem competent, but coverage is going to be an issue again it seems.  Maybe Fangio draws up some more dime looks in obvious passing situations.  

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

It's not hate, he's had like one good year in his career and that was 3-4 years ago. 

What are you basing your first sentence on?

As for Trotter JR. Some times I forget he's on the team, because he's rarely mentioned. If you see him as the #2 there's no indication that is happening this year. 

Trotter has mixed in with the 1's lately in practice, so it's not completely baseless.  Baun and White have consistently been the 1st 2 out with the 1's, but Dean, Trotter, and VanSumeren have also mixed in.  The battle is far from settled.

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

I really think that if Milton wants to leave and get paid, we could realistically see Ojomo take his place next year.

I think Milt gets extended.  Fangio really likes Milt and he's been having a really good camp of his own.  Both will see a lot of playing time imo.

Edited by CasperX22

6 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

I think Milt gets extended.  Fangio really likes Milt and he's been having a really good camp of his own.  Both will see a lot of playing time imo.

Outside of a phenomenal year by Milton,  I can't imagine he will deman "top dollar" as a FA?

No reason not to resign him with Davis/Carter on rookie deals for at least 1-2 more years.

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Outside of a phenomenal year by Milton,  I can't imagine he will deman "top dollar" as a FA?

No reason not to resign him with Davis/Carter on rookie deals for at least 1-2 more years.

I'm expecting him to make more in free agency than what we're going to want to pay him.