Top 25 Players of the Century

Ozzy

6 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Absolutely not.  Moss is the 2nd best WR of all time imo.

I give TO the nod because he was just a more rounded player than Moss. Did everything in the receiving game consistently.

TO just wanted the ball man. A specimen of a weapon. I don’t think there was a better WR with the ball in his hands. JJ makes unreal catches and has the better hands. But TO was a menace.. look at the impact he with the eagles with a decent semi ok QB. 

Can score from anywhere in the field. Crazy acceleration for a dude his size and strength. 

16 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Absolutely not.  Moss is the 2nd best WR of all time imo.

Megatron was superior. Megatron is the best WR in NFL history… That man was just a force. Idc about Rise and his 80,000 yards.’

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Jonathon Ogden replaces Joe Thomas

Nah, he only played 2001-2007 this century compared to 10 years for JT. The 90s don’t count even if it’s true, which i obviously disagree with.

4 hours ago, El Ramster said:

TO just wanted the ball man. A specimen of a weapon. I don’t think there was a better WR with the ball in his hands. JJ makes unreal catches and has the better hands. But TO was a menace.. look at the impact he with the eagles with a decent semi ok QB. 

Can score from anywhere in the field. Crazy acceleration for a dude his size and strength. 

Megatron was superior. Megatron is the best WR in NFL history… That man was just a force. Idc about Rise and his 80,000 yards.’

Sorry but Megatron may have been the greatest athlete we've seen at the position, but nobody matches Rice's greatness.  His consistency and commitment to being the best ever...I don't know if we'll see another player like him.  The closest I think we've seen is Larry Fitzgerald, unfortunately he was saddled with being a Cardinal his entire career that people can't really appreciate how good he was.  I say that knowing full well Megatron was saddled with the Lions, but for my money I'm taking Fitzgerald over Megatron too.

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He's not known as the GOAT LT for nothing...

He’s not known as that. Munoz is undisputedly better and I’d take Thomas, Walter Jones, and Orlando Pace over him too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He's not known as the GOAT LT for nothing...

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

He’s not known as that. Munoz is undisputedly better and I’d take Thomas, Walter Jones, and Orlando Pace over him too.

At his peak Ogden was every bit as good as other all-time LTs, and at 6-9, 345 lbs he was the most physically imposing.

But unfortunately he didn't have great longevity because leg and foot injuries made him decline noticeably in the last years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2024 at 4:23 PM, MWil23 said:

I'd easily take Ogden Jones and Pace who were overrated, but not over Thomas. Munoz and Thomas at 1 and 2 for me.