Around the League 2024

dll2000

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The man loves mayonnaise so you can understand his confusion

In the Mahomes era, it's considered a red flag not to have an odd opinion on a specific condiment.  One of the reasons I was against drafting Caleb;  how are you going to know what you're getting unless they're really into one topping?

In deference to mayonaise, which is not my favorite in most cases,  it does make a really nice post-marinade coating on grilled chicken.  We saved the brine from our homemade hotsauce and marinated chicken in it, it's way better if you throw mayonaise on it before grilling. Something to do with fat on the outside making it crispy.  My wife and son put it on burgers which is hard to watch.  Wife adds a fried egg and slice of beet as well. The only reason I haven't had her committed is because that's how they make em in Australia where she did a year abroad in school.  

43 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Wife adds a fried egg and slice of beet as well. The only reason I haven't had her committed is because that's how they make em in Australia where she did a year abroad in school.  

Just plain beets, or pickled beets? There's a place where I get falafels that has pickled beets that are amazing. I've made a few attempts but mine have been just ok. 

If its just plain beet, then step on her toe for me. Wear boots when you do it. 

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Just plain beets, or pickled beets? There's a place where I get falafels that has pickled beets that are amazing. I've made a few attempts but mine have been just ok. 

If its just plain beet, then step on her toe for me. Wear boots when you do it. 

It's just a slice of... cooked beet.   

mcoz-article.jpg

48 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I hope he's good but then gets rocked behind that OL so that 6th becomes a 4th

His sucking is half the reason why, he gets benched and Fields nets a better pick. 

The other half is because Russ just seems like such a douchebag 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

His sucking is half the reason why, he gets benched and Fields nets a better pick. 

The other half is because Russ just seems like such a douchebag 

Yeah, the coach comments last week about not coaching an avatar that were clearly about Russ were pretty damning. With that said, JF is still not doing anything remarkable with the offense. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Bears Commanders was flexed to 3:25 @SLCbear

I was wrong. The flex rule just changed. It used to be week 12+

I was wrong too  ...was wanting Sun Night!

I guess 325 is better than nothing

Bring on the very average 9ers and Cboys for Sun Night instead of Caleb/Jaden in Calebs hometown!! yaY 🫤 

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

they aren't making the change to russ, just giving him 1st team reps - i think if all else is equal, they still roll with JF1, but his leash definitely gets shorter.

I don't think they'd be openly taking away first team reps from Fields only to have him take the first snap of the night on Sunday

Stranger things have happened though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't think they'd be openly taking away first team reps from Fields only to have him take the first snap of the night on Sunday

Stranger things have happened though

I’ll be surprised if it’s not Russ on Sunday. The narrative is totally different this week - last week Russ was a full participant but it was “We’re not changing Justin’s preparation to start.” This week it’s “Russ is getting first team reps.”

Russ was QB1 there before he got hurt, and while Fields hasn’t been bad he hasn’t been good enough to seize the job either. He’s still averaging under 200 yards passing a game (184.3) and they’re still averaging just 20.7 points per game with him under center. That’s backup level stuff.

I saw it posted this past weekend that Fields now has 14 NFL wins, and exactly zero of those wins have come in a game where his team has allowed more than 20 points. That’s nuts. PIT is winning in spite of him right now (well really in spite of the offense as a whole, though as the QB he’s the guy most responsible for its overall output). They’re not winning because of him, and IMO that was probably always what it needed to be for him to not eventually give the job back to Russ once he was healthy.

• Like 3