2024 Commanders Transaction/Roster Move Tracker

17 hours ago, Troublez said:

^^ me either, I am just saying.... if you like Ridgeway / Mathis / Newton, then you WOULD trade J Allen, not vice versa - to get the most bang for your buck.

I would say “liking a player” is different than thinking that a player is the answer at a position if the Pro Bowl starter is gone.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I would say “liking a player” is different than thinking they're the answer at a position if the pro bowl starter is gone.

Your asking the wrong question though if the expectation is that Peters is maximizing his returns adequately. I kind of explained the concept of asset adequacy in my last post, but in short - we are not winning anything in Allen's remaining window of excellence. If we have other serviceable DL (young at that), its better to trade Allen - than a young competent DL. Allen will yield more return and his performance (or absence) won't move the needle in our 2024 results.

Edited by Troublez

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Had some pretty good stats with Cleveland and still only 25. From the cuts so far not much in the way of good receivers, believe he would be an upgrade to our WR group 

I would support this signing.

13 hours ago, Troublez said:

Your asking the wrong question though if the expectation is that Peters is maximizing his returns adequately. I kind of explained the concept of asset adequacy in my last post, but in short - we are not winning anything in Allen's remaining window of excellence. If we have other serviceable DL (young at that), its better to trade Allen - than a young competent DL. Allen will yield more return and his performance (or absence) won't move the needle in our 2024 results.

I think that Jon Allen is not likely to get traded now unless he's packaged to get Aiyuk.

If that doesn't happen, I don't see Peters trading Allen until he knows that Johnny Newton is healthy. With Johnny Newton not being able to even fully practice all offseason, I don't see them making a trade with Allen now.

I could see Allen getting traded at the trade deadline though if Newton actually plays in Sept/Oct and flashes.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Good for him. He’s very talented and I hope the fresh start and Matt Lafleur will get him on the right track. 

He’s an awful passer. I can't believe some were duped into thinking he should be QB1 in 2022.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

There's always 1-2 surprise cuts too, so trying to incorporate that. 

Well hello there! Yes, Patrick has battled injuries the last 2 years and is 30 but, this is the type of WR2 that Peters & Quinn are looking for I believe. He’s 6’4, 212 pounds. He'd be a big body on the outside for blocking when we run the ball which presumably we will do a lot of this year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Troublez said:

Mathis was supposed to make Allen expendable.  Turns out Mathis is nothing special.  Newton is now the new Mathis and is supposed to replace Allen, but he shows up with two surgically repaired feet and had a miracle recovery that now isn't looking so good.  We probably we would be better off if we extended Allen and have drafted another piece with that pick.  Imagine how much better this defense would be looking if we took DeJean.  

What are we really going to get?  Another 2nd round DT?  He is a premium player.  Similarly, I remember this offseason people saying we should trade Terry McLaurin because Dotson will make him expendable.  It isn't like we are short on cap space, Peters is hording it.

Allen is 29 years old.   Chris Jones is 30 and just got a brand new contract.   Wilkins is 28 and just got a new contract.  Buckner is 30.  29/30 isn't that old.  He has several more years of high end play.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Had some pretty good stats with Cleveland and still only 25. From the cuts so far not much in the way of good receivers, believe he would be an upgrade to our WR group 

This would be a good signing. I think there's a good chance he could beat out Dyami to be #2 after DPJ has a few weeks of practice & he's also a good blocker for when we run the ball which apparently is as important to this regime as actually being a good WR. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This would be a good signing. I think there's a good chance he could beat out Dyami to be #2 after DPJ has a few weeks of practice & he's also a good blocker for when we run the ball which apparently is as important to this regime as actually being a good WR. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Good thing our assistant GM came from Detroit, I think there is a good chance that DPJ ends up here.  

• Like 1