You get them at their peak for an entire career: Who are you taking. Trent Williams or Aaron Donald

You get them at their peak for an entire career: Who are you taking. Trent Williams or Aaron Donald   

31 members have voted

1. 1. You get them at their peak for an entire career: Who are you taking. Trent Williams or Aaron Donald

• Aaron Donald
    • Trent Williams

Positionally, I think the debate could be sort of interesting. What separates the two, IMO, is the impact Donald makes on his own. Trent’s amazing, but if you stick him with 4 JAGs, the OL is still going to suck. Donald not only makes the impact plays with or without the help, but he commands the offense’s entire attention. Plus, I believe Donald scales higher on the all-time DL rankings than Trent does on the all-time OL rankings.

So yeah, I’d go AD.

• Like 1

Donald baby. Disrupter and instantly makes

Everyone better.. We will never see another Donald I don’t think… I cry at night because we never paired him with a monster for his whole career. Makes me sick. 

19 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Aaron Donald is the greatest defensive player ever. Williams is a mid-tier HOF level tackle, and probably isn't even a top 5 Tackle ever. This is a no-brainer.

Let's not get carried away...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Let's not get carried away...

Not even the best DL ever. He's certainly one of the greatest defensive players ever. Just not THE greatest. He might have been though had he played a few more seasons. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Not even the best DL ever. He's certainly one of the greatest defensive players ever. Just not THE greatest. He might have been though had he played a few more seasons. 

When you realize he never played with HOF talent and was the only carrying the team it changes. All the great defenses had plenty of HOF to help out. Donald didn’t. His best season came with Suh. You paired him up with a 

Chris Jones, Cox, Watt and whoever and Donald’s numbers would probably be on another planet. Donald is the only 1st ballot HOF to not have a HOF tenured teammate on the Dline. The equivalent to a one man wrecking crew. Numbers, accolades and multiper. You saw what he did with an over the hill Von Miller. He got guys paid who went on to suck. Leonard Floyd was a bonafied bust in Chicago. Clay Matthews was having a career year till he broke his jaw. Rams failed him in that department. 

Edited by El Ramster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Soko said:

Watt

Watt isn’t a HOF nor does he meat the criteria. Shame Houston drafted bust in Mario Williams and Jadeveon. Rams didn’t add anyone after Donald. The highest defensive lineman drafted was last year. Young in the second and Turner in the 3rd. Besides that no lineman was drafted with high rounds in Donald’s tenure. You got Greg Gaines, Sebastian, Tanzel, Bobby brown, John Franklin. All went after the 4th or lower. 

Texans drafted. 

2011.. Brooks Reed second. 
2012. Whitney Mercilus first round. 
2014. Jadeveon. 
2020.ross blacklock 2nd. Jonathan Greenard.3rd

At least they tried. Someone of those failed to live up. Rams looked at Donald and said! You got this pal. Jadaveon was supposed to be him…