Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Exactly, the “barring a change” language is key and feeds into this report being a leverage play theory. Seems like a game of chicken is being played. 

And Aiyuk may not need to negotiate with us because we already have a contract in place with him. 

Well since they haven't given him permission before so that would be tampering 😉

Here's an extra Schefty tweet:

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1820797799417446733

This is not a simple trade to execute. Any interested team would have to meet the asking price of Brandon Aiyuk and the 49ers. It’s easy to meet one of those conditions but considerably more complicated to meet both. So far, no one has been able to do it.

I wonder if the following is happening:

Browns - Meet 9ers demands, not Aiyuks

Pats - Can meet 9ers and Aiyuks demands but doesn't want to be there

Steelers - Meets Aiyuks demands, but not the 9ers.

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Well since they haven't given him permission before so that would be tampering 😉

Here's an extra Schefty tweet:

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1820797799417446733

I wonder if the following is happening:

Browns - Meet 9ers demands, not Aiyuks

Pats - Can meet 9ers and Aiyuks demands but doesn't want to be there

Steelers - Meets Aiyuks demands, but not the 9ers.

Close, but I don’t think Aiyuk wants to play for the Patriots either. And I think there’s 0% chance a team trades for him without a contract already in place.

Its why I think this could be a legendary game of chicken…do the 49ers accept the Steelers below the market offer, or do the keep dragging this out and force Aiyuk to either sit out games or play. Either way the 49ers have handled this pretty poorly. 

Sorry to double post but the whole - Aiyuk has permission to negotiate contracts is a really interesting development because of how it's worded as not being just with certain teams. You can really put Lynch in a corner with that by getting a contract with Aiyuk he wants and he refuses to negotiate with anyone else then.

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Close, but I don’t think Aiyuk wants to play for the Patriots either. And I think there’s 0% chance a team trades for him without a contract already in place.

Its why I think this could be a legendary game of chicken…do the 49ers accept the Steelers below the market offer, or do the keep dragging this out and force Aiyuk to either sit out games or play. Either way the 49ers have handled this pretty poorly. 

GoJo and Golic are talking about it and Junior just dropped a funny line of "if NE is where you go to get your market value, if that really where you want to be".

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Apparently Aiyuk GF is on TikTok replying to comments about the Pats of “why would he want to go to a 4 win team”. Lol

With a rookie QB.  Smart move on his part.

Had a buddy say a Spanish speaking podcast said the rumored asks were:

Browns - Cooper, Z Smith (pre injury), 1st 

Patriots - Bourne, Judon, 2nd

Steelers - Highsmith, Austin, 1st

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yea I’m out 

I am so sick of the current "news" cycles. All sorts of people reporting done deal, more reputable sources saying nothing done but Steelers close, others saying Steelers are out. Basically, people throwing stuff at the wall hoping it sticks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Shoot for the stars, Johnny Boy. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Shoot for the stars, Johnny Boy. 

Latest Browns rumor now is Cooper, Willis, 2nd  

To me the change of a OL that many think of as a cut candidate to one that could be replaced but is their starting LT is funny  

Also Pats fans are all over Judon and Borne not at practice and…well Judon has been in and out waiting on his new contract and Bourne is on the PUP