Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

why would the raiders give up Devontae? He's their best player and only needs 1 arm last I saw  with some of those insane catches.  Makes no sense at all.  How about if thats the care, we trade for Devontae then B|

Davante is about 2-3 years past his prime, at best he was riding just on the other side of the crest. The fall off is by no means "evident" but it doesn't happen like that. He got paid at the perfect time by a team that is always willing to make those kind of "late" moves. I was along for the ride on my fantasy team the previous two seasons before last so Im not complaining. 

He's "aight" but prove me wrong Davante. I would not go mortgaging any kind of future for him beyond this season. If they could get him this year I think a solid value will still show, but Id be willing to bet on that decline being more noticeable next year. 

Im more so speaking from the 49ers fan perspective of why would they go chasing him next year. 

Some fans really get hung up on these trades / free agents that they "need to happen" .  (I always think of Mike Wallace ..lol)

Like they haven't been a fan of the team for the last 15-30+ years.

I was just in a "debate" with a high school friend of mine and we disagreed on the semantics of the trade and the "need" to do it.   Its so funny really because we both would like to see it happen, but the debate via text was almost as if we were rooting for two different teams. 

No matter what,  it really seems to me that Omar has earned the right to our patience and understanding. I would much rather he play it tight. Personally while I do see Aiyuk as a likely + for the team and gives insurance for Pickens issues/leaving down the line, Im not jumping on any kind of Super Bowl bandwagon if we get him. SO I dont want to mortgage very much of the future.  

If you figure wed use a 2nd round or 3rd round pick on a WR next year then thats what Id be willing to give beyond giving Daniels/Austin. Personally Id be willing to give up Isaac if the deal worked out better. He does hold more value with the cheaper contract but will also be 31 this season. I still feel he was given so many passes for his missed blocks / blown assignments and any ratings that say he didnt give up a sack/pressure are insanely misleading.

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 2

Another round up of overnight rumors:
~Shanahan is "bothered" by Aiyuks behavior and willing to move on. 

~ TJ Houzmanzada (Aiyuks personal WR coach) said that Aiyuks preference is to stay in SF, but they are only $1MIL off (which IMO is nothing and they would have this done if true).

~ SF bloggers are saying that the Niners are "insulted" by the Steelers offer and that's why there's no movement.

~ There's also some reports out there that the Niners had a deal with Aiyuk, and on his way to there Aman Ra St Brown signed his deal and Aiyuk decided he wanted more - and that's why Lynch is playing it like this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm ready to move on from this...khan should focus on finding a WR vet for depth purposes 

I'm not.

To toss a Tomlinism at you:

I'm comfortable with the uncomfortable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

THE STEELERS NINERS DEAL FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!

Pressley Harvin III signed with SF. 

a few years late though. Still laughing that teh bills punter with bad hamstring was better than harvin in that playoff loss  blowout 

• Like 1

I’m happy with the way Omar is playing this. Put out an offer you are comfortable with, don’t bid against yourself, and be patient. That’s what the best GMs do. 

Would I love for us to land Aiyuk? Yes. Is it the end of the world if we don’t? Definitely not. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

~ TJ Houzmanzada (Aiyuks personal WR coach) said that Aiyuks preference is to stay in SF, but they are only $1MIL off (which IMO is nothing and they would have this done if true).

If this is true, I find it rather funny that Lynch is holding firm to 'his number', yet at the same time, is unwilling to accept our offer, which is likely not much 'further off', in the grand scheme of things--more likely, it's a larger difference in guaranteed money.  If he wants to stay in SF, then our monetary contract offer must be quite a bit higher than Lynch's contract offer, otherwise, none of this makes any sense...

Aiyuk - "I'll sign and stay in SF for $30M per"

Lynch - "No.  $29M is our final offer!"

Aiyuk - "Then I want to be traded!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lynch - "We'll trade Aiyuk for a 2025 2nd and 3rd"

Omar - "A 2025 2nd, and a 2026 3rd is our final offer"

Lynch - "Then there will be no trade!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This all just seems rather silly at this point, and feels like a lot of 'pride' is getting in the way of any deal from getting done, be it a re-sign and stay in SF, or a trade to the Steelers...at this rate, I fully expect this stalemate to last until 2025 FA period...

• Like 3

First and foremost I think it's become abundantly clear, two things in fact. Very few WRs, for a long time, even net a single 1st round pick let alone 2 of them. SF isn't getting that. 

Secondly, Omar Khan doesn't strike me as the type of guy to undo everything good he has done by making an overpriced offer to SF. Especially knowing he would have to immediately resign Aiyuk. The Steelers, if they really want him, could just wait and potentially get him in the offseason next year, yes there would be more competition for him, but they don't NEED to give up major capital for a WR even if I think most of us agree we should be adding someone. 

I also don't think Adams, Metcalf, McLaurin, are realistic. First of all, I've not even heard any chirping that they might even be available, second of all, I think all of those guys are better than Aiyuk, if SF wants 2 firsts, those other teams are gonna want a heck of a lot more. 

I think if we get a guy, it's gonna be someone floating under the radar at the moment, someone no one is even thinking about

• Like 1

So @Ward4HOF I’m with you on a lot of that. If they are saying it’s AAV it could be that guaranteed money might be right there. If that’s true then it could be a sign that he rather be out of SF than stay. $1MM AAV is nothing. Dianna Russini is saying SF hasn’t moved off $26.5mm AAV since May.

I think he not only wants paid but he wants to be the guy somewhere. Right now he really shares with Deebo, CMC, and Kittle as the guy. I think some forget he’s already 26 and this is his only shot at being paid and be the guy. 

I know so many say it doesn’t make sense from either side but it makes sense to me from BA’s side. From SFd side he fits your timeline both age and skill wise. But you need him to take some pay cut because you got other older guys to pay. 

• Like 1

Chase Daniels said something interesting on the Scoop City podcast:

SF was planning on $26mm in a slot for BA. Are they trying to fit a $26mm player into that? That’s unlikely right now. 

That’s interesting tied to Rousinnis comment on they want a player because if you get a less than that cost player you have more resources for elsewhere. 

So if we can be convinced to part with James Daniels and you extend him at a $20mm AAV area, you now have $6.5MM to use for Williams, Purdy, or there’s a lot of good slot guys you can get at that cost. Now you can add slot WR and slot CB at that cost and free up resources for other positions. 

• Like 1

This is a list just based on where they are sitting (#4 or below) on the depth chart. There has been 0 speculation any of these guys are available save a couple that have been discussed, I mentioned looking under the radar and decided to list some possible examples. I'm also not completely familiar with talent/success of everyone on the list.

WR Treylon Burks - Titans

WR Parker Washington - Jags

WR Tim Patrick - Broncos

WR Isaiah Hodgins - Giants

WR Dontayvion Wicks - Packers

WR Tutu Atwell - Rams

Idk how realistic these guys are, just shooting out some thoughts.

59 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

This is a list just based on where they are sitting (#4 or below) on the depth chart. There has been 0 speculation any of these guys are available save a couple that have been discussed, I mentioned looking under the radar and decided to list some possible examples. I'm also not completely familiar with talent/success of everyone on the list.

WR Treylon Burks - Titans

WR Parker Washington - Jags

WR Tim Patrick - Broncos

WR Isaiah Hodgins - Giants

WR Dontayvion Wicks - Packers

WR Tutu Atwell - Rams

Idk how realistic these guys are, just shooting out some thoughts.

I think Houston, Patriots, Giants, Saints, Panthers all have wr depth charts that are worth picking around to name a few and all have needs. (Funny the Giants have 3 former Steelers down deep on their WR depth chart)

Other mentionable guys that I think will be expendable (or should I say questioned by the HC as to wth did they draft this guy in the 1sr round) Quentin Johnson - Chargers; Burks - Titans.. neither really excite me but have specific abilities that if utilized correctly could add value, but would expect to get them on the bargain rack if we did. Tyquan Thorton another 1st rounder thats hanging on by the fingernails. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 1