Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/coach_yac/status/1824526153446498367?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Mike Garafolo says Brandon Aiyuk wants an adjustment on the final year of the new deal with the 49ers:

“The 49ers feel like they’ve already caved enough and caved more than they wanted to. They have come up significantly from their offer in the spring.

My reporting is that they have pretty much agreed to over the first three years of the deal, which is usually the hard part. That’s the guarantee, the cash flow, the APY over the first couple of years. Aiyuk just wants an adjustment in the final year of the deal.”

https://x.com/houseofburgh412/status/1824525537131327612?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

“Schefter on ESPN basically just said Aiyuk hasn’t been impressed by any deal and it’s not as close as some think 
They still are deciding to sign or trade”

🤣 "We're just sooooo close" "We've never been close"

38 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

🤣 "We're just sooooo close" "We've never been close"

Kinda funny too you get too the “SF isn’t sure what Aiyuk wants” and “Everyone’s frustrated with the Niners”. 

In this episode of “As The Aiyuk Turns”:

- He’s now told SF he wants $30mm AAV

- They are off in GTD money

- They’ve now said he’s being greedy after they offered what he wanted. 

- Both sides are far apart. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

In this episode of “As The Aiyuk Turns”:

- He’s now told SF he wants $30mm AAV

- They are off in GTD money

- They’ve now said he’s being greedy after they offered what he wanted. 

- Both sides are far apart. 

and just what we want here  for ongoing drama, a player that moves the goalposts and wants more.  

is there a chance that these reports are fabricated by SF to try to get Khan to offer more draft capital ?

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

and just what we want here  for ongoing drama, a player that moves the goalposts and wants more.  

I think they both have been moving goal posts around. San Fran is trying not to fold, and get whatever good that they can. Insert Aiyuk or the 49'ers face here.

full-length-shot-mature-fisherman-catchi

I kind of get the feeling he's (Aiyuk) playing hard ball with them because he feels disrespected. Plus, he has missed the toughest part of the summer and will look to get in when the regular practices start ramping up. 

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

is there a chance that these reports are fabricated by SF to try to get Khan to offer more draft capital ?

Yes. You don't really know who's doing the fabricating. It can be a little on both sides. In the end, who folds.  Trent Williams and Brock are certainly watching.

r1264927_1296x729_16-9.jpg?w=1600

"All I know is, they better, pay us!"

7 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

"All I know is, they better, pay us!"

TW71 will get paid, probably a hang up in all this. But, maybe we can add him in the trade, we need a LT since our coaches and figure that out. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

TW71 will get paid, probably a hang up in all this. But, maybe we can add him in the trade, we need a LT since our coaches and figure that out. 

Williams would be too expensive.  He's top at least in the top three of LT's and doesn't look like he's slowing down. We have some young guns on rookie deals who just need some time to develop. Don't worry, at worst, this is the last year of Dan Moore in Pittsburgh. I think Jones is full time LT once Troy is healthy. Dan is extremely limited to one side. These two are interchangable if necessary. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:I think Jones is full time LT once Troy is healthy. Dan is extremely limited to one side. 

Disagree about Jones, as I don’t think Dan is the the only one limited to one side. 

6 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Williams would be too expensive.  He's top at least in the top three of LT's and doesn't look like he's slowing down. We have some young guns on rookie deals who just need some time to develop. Don't worry, at worst, this is the last year of Dan Moore in Pittsburgh. I think Jones is full time LT once Troy is healthy. Dan is extremely limited to one side. These two are interchangable if necessary. 

have you seen jones this year? He is OT3 or 4 right now. Anderson could probably do better if given the chance

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

have you seen jones this year? He is OT3 or 4 right now. Anderson could probably do better if given the chance

Looks like an injury is impacting him, met with doctor after the Bills game. Thank god he is likely not this bad…

14 hours ago, rlon said:

Disagree about Jones, as I don’t think Dan is the the only one limited to one side. 

I get what you are saying. Ideally Jones should be left side and left side only. However, he is not a guy who has played a ton of college and pro football at OT. I am just saying that I think he "could" play RT all career on some teams. I think his upside says "franchise LT."

13 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Don't over-react to negative or positive in the pre-season. Did we see Pickett last pre-season and then Pickett week one against San Fran? Jones is hurt and being a team guy playing on the right side. I think the Steelers know his upside.  He's not even 23 yet! 😉 He has a ton of growing, getting stronger, and maturing. Bad games in preseason, often lead to improvement and growth. Years ago, but John Jackson (who is no where near as talented as a young Jones) grew after getting dogged by Pat Swilling. He grew. Jones will grow.

7 hours ago, rlon said:

Looks like an injury is impacting him, met with doctor after the Bills game. Thank god he is likely not this bad…

That arm brace is definitely bothering him. 

11 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I get what you are saying. Ideally Jones should be left side and left side only. However, he is not a guy who has played a ton of college and pro football at OT. I am just saying that I think he "could" play RT all career on some teams. I think his upside says "franchise LT."

I am saying Jones should be a right tackle.