Big D Nick Finally Hangs up his Enormous Jock

“I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to retire as a Philadelphia Eagle. The City of Brotherly Love has always felt like home to me as an NFL player. Philadelphia is a city I truly love, and it has been an honor to wear the Eagles jersey. Thank you, Philadelphia, for embracing me and making me a part of your family forever. Your love and support have meant the world. Fly, Eagles, Fly!"

Sleep good sweet prince 🫡

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Danger said:

More worthy of being retired than 5

Don't at me.

No he's not. Man's got a Rocky statue in his honor for Christ sake. At no point should his jersey be retired. 

I will be forever grateful for his Joe Flacco type playoff run in 2017, buy him a drink if ever lucky enough to be in the same room and say Thank You but this sloberfest over anything BDN, is getting ridiculous. 

Enjoy Retirement 🥃

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No he's not. Man's got a Rocky statue in his honor for Christ sake. At no point should his jersey be retired. 

I will be forever grateful for his Joe Flacco type playoff run in 2017, buy him a drink if ever lucky enough to be in the same room and say Thank You but this sloberfest over anything BDN, is getting ridiculous. 

Enjoy Retirement 🥃

I'm saying McNabb was overrated as hell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Enjoy Retirement 🥃

Weird flex.  9 didn't vomit when facing the goat and finished the job.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm saying McNabb was overrated as hell.

McNabb made 5 NFCCG and a SB putting up 36k yds as a Eagle. Just because the perfect storm ended in a SB ring, doesn't make Foles worthy of a jersey retirement. 

If so we might as well retire Alshon and Clement for thier SB performances as well rather then say Desean and Westbrook.  

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

McNabb made 5 NFCCG and a SB putting up 36k yds as a Eagle. Just because the perfect storm ended in a SB ring, doesn't make Foles worthy of a jersey retirement. 

If so we might as well retire Alshon and Clement for thier SB performances as well rather then say Desean and Westbrook.  

I mean, it theory you're right. A player of Foles's shouldn't be worthy of said honor. If we were a normal franchise...

But we are not one of the more storied franchises with tons of legendary players. Just remember the NFL 100 year celebration and the lack of Eagles players, or the fact that two of our best ever in the SB era are a Safety and a Center. So, I wouldn't blame the team for giving Nick that honor for his role on brining  what we craved for so damn long.

If we were a normal franchise, we would be honoring our long tenured, accomplished FQB. But this is our team.  But maybe some day and hopefully within our lifetime the Eagles grow to the level of the Steelers, 49ers, Packers, Cowboys like the Patriots did.

I believe it was @downundermike who said he wants the Linc to become like Lambeau, and maybe you're right Nabbs and we should hold them to that standard to get there. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2024 at 4:09 PM, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Footlong Foles probably shouldn't have his number retired, but hang his jock strap in the rafters. It's probably as big as those banners anyway

This is the way 

On 8/11/2024 at 4:09 PM, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Footlong Foles probably shouldn't have his number retired, but hang his jock strap in the rafters. It's probably as big as those banners anyway

Rafters???

Hang several in the lockers room to install hope.....or fear for being inferior? Whichever applies to each player.  🤷‍♂️

On 8/12/2024 at 11:41 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Rafters???

Hang several in the lockers room to install hope.....or fear for being inferior? Whichever applies to each player.  🤷‍♂️

I would say no, only because ice done those locker room tours and don't need that salami hammock to demoralize me

• Like 1