2024 Around the NFL Thread

Seeing highlights of Jaden Daniel’s I think there’s a good chance longterm the commanders continue their irrelevance 

he looks like a lollipop

his shoulders are unbelievably narrow, his head his huge, his legs are twigs.

anything’s possible but that guy does not look the part

9 hours ago, Last Stand said:

Seeing highlights of Jaden Daniel’s I think there’s a good chance longterm the commanders continue their irrelevance 

he looks like a lollipop

his shoulders are unbelievably narrow, his head his huge, his legs are twigs.

anything’s possible but that guy does not look the part

Being as skinny as he is, to me, is a bigger concern than being only 5'11-6'0

Look up an image of his elbow, this could be RG3 with his valgus knees all over again

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Look up an image of his elbow, this could be RG3 with his valgus knees all over again

Really depends if he's going to be as reckless with his body as RG3, Cam, ect? If so and taking unnecessary hits, not sliding,  not going out of bounds, No he won't last. 

However if he takes a more Russell Wilson type approach (doing the above) , He'll be fine IMO. He's been this size or smaller his whole life. Got to this point as the #2 draft pick, at this size.

Basically the QB version of DeVonta Smith. Either you learn how to play to keep your body out of harms way or you don't. 

Prime examples right now are Lamar Jackson internationally losing 20-25lbs to get faster and Anthony Richardson acting like Cam Newton. If they don't start sliding more, going out of bounds, niether will last the 2024 season whether at 200lbs or 245lbs. Watch!

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 8/11/2024 at 6:07 AM, Danger said:

Where are you getting 5’11-6’0 from?

Daniels is 6’3 and 2/8ths

18 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Where are you getting 5’11-6’0 from?

Daniels is 6’3 and 2/8ths

I wasn't trying to suggest Daniels was short, I'm saying that being overly skinny is a bigger risk than being shorter (e.g. Russell Wilson or Drew Brees)

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wasn't trying to suggest Daniels was short, I'm saying that being overly skinny is a bigger risk than being shorter (e.g. Russell Wilson or Drew Brees)

Ah gotcha. He weighed in at 210 lbs at the combine which isn’t too bad. I definitely think he could stand to add another 5-10 lbs at least, but I don’t think he’s way too skinny to hold up. You may have a point about the elbow, cause it does look odd lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ah gotcha. He weighed in at 210 lbs at the combine which isn’t too bad. I definitely think he could stand to add another 5-10 lbs at least, but I don’t think he’s way too skinny to hold up. You may have a point about the elbow, cause it does look odd lol.

He didn't do any other drills if I recall, certainly not agility drills. So I think it was water weight primarily.

He’s definitely too skinny. Just pull up a photo of him in the preseason game. He looks like if devonta smith was stretched out to 6-4 

im just not sure thats ever worked.

Doesn’t mean he will bust. Just moreso doesn’t look the part at all