Chiefs 3Peat Watch

General Tso

9 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The great thing about the NFL is we don't know who is even going to be in the playoff race at this point. What if, god forbid, the Chiefs lose Mahomes for the year and go 5-12?

You shut your dirty hoor mouth 

17 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The great thing about the NFL is we don't know who is even going to be in the playoff race at this point. What if, god forbid, the Chiefs lose Mahomes for the year and go 5-12?

Every team that's attempted to three-peat in the Super Bowl era has failed. On that basis alone, I'm doubting KC wins it all this year although I don't expect them to have a bad season.

Then again I repeatedly picked against them last year because it was their "weakest roster" and they still won anyway, so who knows.

49 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Is it true NFL isn’t even considering suspending Rice? I find that a bit ridiculous as others have been suspended for way less.

His court hearing isn’t until December. He probably will be suspended but it was never gonna be this year. Likely the first two games of next year. I have an ungodly amount of Rashee Rice in Bestball Fantasy when he was cheap because of the suspension scare. 

Addison will likely be suspended four games later in the season. He is a two time offender now with speeding 140mph last year and DUI this year. Court date in October. Likely suspended four games in November or December is my guess. Rice is only a one time offender. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

The Chiefs got lucky last year when some of the top teams suffered injuries to key players, especially the Bengals with Joe Burrow.

Injuries happen every year in the NFL.This is part of the game

Edited by Steelersfan43

2 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

The Chiefs got lucky last year when some of the top teams suffered injuries to key players, especially the Bengals with Joe Burrow.

Who did the Ravens suffer key injuries to? They seemed generally healthy.

13 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Mark Andrews? JK Dobbins? Keaton Mitchell? The highest paid (non-Lamar) players on offense and defense, Stanley and Humphrey, were notably hampered/limited by injuries even when suiting up and missed multiple games. I mean relative to the prior two years we had good injury luck, but it wasn't great. 

I don't think injuries were the reason the Chiefs outplayed in the playoff match up though.

Edited by wackywabbit

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Mark Andrews? JK Dobbins? Keaton Mitchell? The highest paid (non-Lamar) players on offense and defense, Stanley and Humphrey, were notably hampered/limited by injuries even when suiting up and missed multiple games. I mean relative to the prior two years we had good injury luck, but it wasn't great. 

I don't think injuries were the reason the Chiefs outplayed in the playoff match up though.

That's what I was getting at. Also Andrews came back in that game no? Even if he wasn't the same.

Anyways, people blaming injuries is just kind of lame. Super Bowls require luck, but it's clear Mahomes is one of the GOATs.

3 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Anyways, people blaming injuries is just kind of lame. Super Bowls require luck, but it's clear Mahomes is one of the GOATs.

Yes, Yes, and Yes. 

Even, if Mahomes suffered a season ending injury (like 08 Brady did), it wouldn't mean the SB wouldn't count any less. Injuries are part of the game and a risk for every team through the season.

On 8/14/2024 at 7:08 AM, August4th said:

I'm going with the AFC field.

KC for how good they are, still needed things to break their way during their SB runs, like most SB winners. it's really hard for things to fall your way 3 postseasons in a row

This. If the Chiefs were in the NFC, I'd have them making the Super Bowl again. But the AFC looks to be loaded this year.

The chiefs just 4peated in my madden sim. This does not bode well for 2025. May the injury gods not strike down the chiefs but instead the curse of Medicore Mahomes finally showing up for two years in a row.

On 8/18/2024 at 6:57 PM, General Tso said:

Mark Andrews. Yes, he returned for the AFC title game against the Chiefs, but he was a shell of himself (and was supposed to be out for the season).

10 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Mark Andrews. Yes, he returned for the AFC title game against the Chiefs, but he was a shell of himself (and was supposed to be out for the season).

I don't think injuries were the reason the Ravens lost that game and Ravens fans agree with me there.

• Like 1