Preseason: Wk 2 @ Patriots

Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

If Dejean turns out to be a good player then this could end up being an all time draft for us. Seems everyone aside from Ainias Smith has shown some sort of potential.

Ainias smith is a disaster. But every draft has one at least. Trick is to not have most.

also having the top 3 guys hit would be unique for us in recent years.

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good on Nolan Smith getting a sack even if it wasn’t super impressive. The RBs chip block actually helped him come off the tackle to run down the QB on the inside.

Agree with all this. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Agree with all this. 

Best way I can describe watching Nolan is he just looks awkward. Like the athletic traits are clearly there and he flashes consistently, but he just looks awkward on some plays. Not sure exactly what it is, but the talent is clearly there if he can develop a real pass rush toolbox.

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I swear running a modern NFL offense is going to be so refreshing come the regular season. Pre Season has shown us very, very little but you get glimpses of what is to come and it just makes me happy.

Going from Brian Johnson to Kellen Moore will be glorious... Now it comes down to health for that unit. The WR depth is abhorrent

Ringo probably won't start this year as I think down the line it will be Cooper in the slot and Q outside, but he has shown a lot of improvement since last training camp and I think year 3 he could cement himself as the CB2. Really encouraging stuff from him so far.

I wonder if he gets more looks over Rodgers at times. Rodgers certainly has been good in camp but his size is worrisome vs bigger WR's. Hopefully Cooper can get back for the third preseason game so we can see him on the field come the regular season.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Best way I can describe watching Nolan is he just looks awkward. Like the athletic traits are clearly there and he flashes consistently, but he just looks awkward on some plays. Not sure exactly what it is, but the talent is clearly there if he can develop a real pass rush toolbox.

I mean you pretty much just said the issue.  He has no feel for how to rush the passer.  He instinctually knows how to find the ball, but he has no tools in his toolbox.  Someone needs to teach him how to use his hands and leverage.

Ringo as of now makes resigning Rodgers less of a necessity

no guarantees but the idea of ringo and Mitchell on the outside is just wonderful. They’re both big, strong, physical, explosive athletes

Also love ojomo as well. He can really be Milton Williams replacement if necessary.

and Nolan smith in an ideal world can be an energizer bunny who can cover, run defend, and rush the passer 

he’s clearly never going to be anything dominant as a pass rusher. But as a starting joker guy who can kinda do a bunch of things. I think it’s possible 

7 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I feel like Rodgers hasn't looked as good as Ringo through two pre season games. Idk how I feel about him. I know he hasn't played that much.

We shall see.  What I'm going to be curious to see is how Rodgers matches up against bigger receivers.

35 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

We shall see.  What I'm going to be curious to see is how Rodgers matches up against bigger receivers.

Me too. He'll be able to keep up and be sticky I'm sure. But playing corner is about a lot more than that. I feel like Ringo is a better combo of sticky and physical. And Mitchell is probably the best combo of the three. If I had to make a prediction it's that Rodgers won't be CB2 for long. He has next to zero margin for error.

On 8/16/2024 at 12:03 PM, Danger said:

I really liked the Jalyx Hunt pick, I know probably just over half of you weren't huge fans. Dude is just so toolsy. With a coach like Fangio, I think it was a great selection. Would have never wanted him under Schwartz.

Exactly.
He is a system fit.
Looking ahead, I think Landon Jackson is the same type of player.