GDT Preseason Week 2- Browns vs Vikings Backup Bowl

candyman93

Just now, candyman93 said:

Siaki Ika needs cut

He can’t defend the run at all

I said this last week. He’s absolutely awful as a 1 tech against the run and as bad of a whiff as I’ve ever seen. Dude was a Top 100 draft pick. Absolutely horrific.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I said this last week. He’s absolutely awful as a 1 tech against the run and as bad of a whiff as I’ve ever seen. Dude was a Top 100 draft pick. Absolutely horrific.

Dude is horrific

We’re gonna have to keep Dalvin on a limited snap count to reduce his chance for injury.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Other than Dawand Jones and maybe DTR, the 2023 draft class looks like crap.

We got seriously lucky Dawand slipped.

Cedric Tillman still intrigued me along with DeWand. I’m completely out on DTR.

Ika was a THIRD ROUNDER.

We traded the 2nd and change for Elijah Moore, which has been a lousy trade to this point.

Horrific draft and trade season in 2023.

36 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

Talented 2nd round pick + misdemeanor dv charge = leniency from the front office.

I work in the criminal justice system and unfortunately, a lot of these dv cases end up being dismissed because a large percentage of victims recant. I imagine that the victim understands the potential ramifications to Hall's career and could potentially testify that it didn't happened to preserve the relationship/be nice/to prevent retaliation etc...

Of course his fiance could recant because Mike Hall Jr is a millionaire with potentially earning millions more over his career.  But if this police report is all true, pretty nuts to lose your millionaire career over a $1500 dentist bill where his fiance's child from another father needed work done.  Sure dude probably got jealous after seeing some other stuff on her phone but seriously to lose his mind like that, why in the world would her fiance recant the story?  Which was all witnessed by her mother as well in the home. 

Say she does not recant, I cannot imagine everything is fine with Michael Hall Jr and that outburst.  Couldn't she sue him for the money he has currently after such an event?  Threatening her life, physical abuse in dragging her out of the home where she was apparently all scratched up etc.  Seems pretty damning at least if that police report is correct.  

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We traded 3+ firsts and guaranteed Watson 1/4 of a billion dollars so forgive me for not being surprised Hall is playing

What insight, no one else knew that information about Deshaun Watson or how much money he got, wow.  How about he is a serial sexual predator and paid out what $33-$55 million in settlements to the women he assaulted.  No shocker the Browns despite having a solid roster will never win big with Watson at QB.  They only get off the hook in 2027.  

27 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Of course his fiance could recant because Mike Hall Jr is a millionaire with potentially earning millions more over his career.  But if this police report is all true, pretty nuts to lose your millionaire career over a $1500 dentist bill where his fiance's child from another father needed work done.  Sure dude probably got jealous after seeing some other stuff on her phone but seriously to lose his mind like that, why in the world would her fiance recant the story?  Which was all witnessed by her mother as well in the home. 

Say she does not recant, I cannot imagine everything is fine with Michael Hall Jr and that outburst.  Couldn't she sue him for the money he has currently after such an event?  Threatening her life, physical abuse in dragging her out of the home where she was apparently all scratched up etc.  Seems pretty damning at least if that police report is correct.  

Look, if the report is true, the dude has some serious emotional and impulse control problems. I don't know what our front office's tolerance is for this type of stuff if it leads to a conviction, but that hasn't happened yet. I also don't know the details of what happened, (for example, was mom actually there or did she simply relay the story to police that she got from the fiance) but I doubt an additional civil suit on top of a criminal conviction are going to change anything regarding whether he stays or not. It will be based on the same conduct at the end of the day.

I'm sure the front office can justify keeping him if this case gets dismissed. Get him some counseling/mental health treatment... Go from there. If it's a conviction/plea, I have no idea what they will do.

Edited by Here'sJim

10 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

Look, if the report is true, the dude has some serious emotional and impulse control problems. I don't know what our front office's tolerance is for this type of stuff if it leads to a conviction, but that hasn't happened yet. I also don't know the details of what happened, (for example, was mom actually there or did she simply relay the story to police that she got from the fiance) but I doubt an additional civil suit on top of a criminal conviction are going to change anything regarding whether he stays or not. It will be based on the same conduct at the end of the day.

I'm sure the front office can justify keeping him if this case gets dismissed. Get him some counseling/mental health treatment... Go from there. If it's a conviction/plea, I have no idea what they will do.

Give him a raise and guarantee contract.

Just now, Here'sJim said:

Look, if the report is true, the dude has some serious emotional and impulse control problems. I don't know what our front office's tolerance is for this type of stuff if it leads to a conviction, but that hasn't happened yet. I also don't know the details of what happened, but I doubt an additional civil suit on top of a criminal conviction are going to change anything regarding whether he stays or not. It will be based on the same conduct at the end of the day.

Are there that many cases where if one literally read the police report and that was accurate to what happened and there is a witnesses to what happen that is not just he said she said...  It sounds pretty damning, and veteran NFL players have been released or cut for far less domestic violence issues

Dragged her by her feet down the end of the driveway?  Held a gun to her head and said he will end this now?   Future mother in law witnesses it all.  Punches a hole in the door?  Chocked her, broke down a door....they found two hand guns on site.... 

Seems a little beyond he has some anger issues.  If this happened before the draft no way he would have been drafted.  And if this woman recants, she is nuts, who cares if he maybe could earn money maybe, not for long because he should be kicked off the Browns and out of the NFL.  What if he was drunk or on some drug he could get away with it all then?  Not saying he was but I assume that does not come into play in a domestic violence case unless both parties are drunk or on drugs?

I would be shocked if she recants this event, and can she if her mother does not recant or does that not matter what her mother witnesses?

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We saw this last year. He’s scared to throw. 

Yeah, he’s the most nervous QB I’ve ever seen take snaps for us. He looks uncomfortable every time he’s asked to throw.

Edited by candyman93

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Are there that many cases where if one literally read the police report and that was accurate to what happened and there is a witnesses to what happen that is not just he said she said...  It sounds pretty damning, and veteran NFL players have been released or cut for far less domestic violence issues

Dragged her by her feet down the end of the driveway?  Held a gun to her head and said he will end this now?   Future mother in law witnesses it all.  Punches a hole in the door?  Chocked her, broke down a door....they found two hand guns on site.... 

Seems a little beyond he has some anger issues.  If this happened before the draft no way he would have been drafted.  And if this woman recants, she is nuts, who cares if he maybe could earn money maybe, not for long because he should be kicked off the Browns and out of the NFL.  What if he was drunk or on some drug he could get away with it all then?  Not saying he was but I assume that does not come into play in a domestic violence case unless both parties are drunk or on drugs?

I would be shocked if she recants this event, and can she if her mother does not recant or does that not matter what her mother witnesses?

I'm not familiar with how the legal system within Lorain County operates, but I've seen stuff in my jurisdiction get dismissed when the victim recants even if there is another witness willing to testify. Juries get pissed when the victim doesn't want the crime prosecuted, and this can lead to not guilty verdicts even if the evidence suggests otherwise. Unless there is video evidence, a recanting victim is a huge issue.

• Like 1