AP names Gardner Minshew starting QB

NYRaider

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

QB:  I had said numerous times that if JJ hit the 10th pick that would have been our chance to move up for a potential franchise QB and not have to mortgage the future.  I believe we could have moved to 10 by offering 13 our 3rd this year and 3rd/4th next year but we didn't even try and that bothers me.  

What part of they were not going to outbid Minnesota do you not comprehend. It was the worst kept secret in the draft that Minnesota coveted him. They had a higher first round pick and another first round pick to make sure they landed him. 

• Like 3

On 9/15/2024 at 6:26 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Funny how?  I don't recall anyone saying Bowers is a bad player/prospect rather he needs to consistently produce to provide value as a top 15 pick.  Bowers had a good game today and let's hope he can consistently produce at a high level for many years which will ultimately help us win games.  

So much for all the two TE nonsense talk on here.  Mayer is a backup and producing like one.  If this team wants to improve long term we can not keep having players taken within the 1st three rounds bring back terrible value. 

The only nonsense was you bashing the pick. 

On 9/15/2024 at 8:48 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why does he have to produce?  Is that what you're asking?   He has to produce because he is a top 15 pick being paid millions of dollars to do so.  I'm sure you're not advocating for below average production as I know you're a better poster than that so I am not sure what you're really saying.   

Who cares about Odunze?  Odunze is playing with an MCL injury tonight and is typically 4th in the pecking order (Moore, Allen, Swift) on an anemic Bears O.  He has nothing to do with Bowers and the fact we have two 1st/2nd round TE's on a roster with many holes to fill.  

Are you still in the 2 TE being used like Gronk/ Hernandez camp because after two games it appears that "baby Gronk" is now just a backup.  Mayer appears to be another wasted 1st/2nd rounder on a roster with a ton of holes to fill.  

So if Mayer isn’t producing up to standards, wasn’t it smart to take a TE who can help win? You also were talking about taking a CB with the pick(couldn’t name one of course) yet Bennett looks like one of the most improved players on the roster, because you know, players develop. Also, with Bowers putting the league on notice guys like Mayer will be able to take advantage of mismatches. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2024 at 9:27 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Teams take players at every position in the 1st round that bust so what? 

Bowers is a top talent at a position that historically does not produce at a high level on a team that didn't have a hole at TE (baby Gronk) according to most fans but had massive holes in other key positions (QB, OT, CB, Edge). When the Falcons took Pitts, another "generational" TE talent, they had a glaring hole at the position.  The problem is the Falcons QB's have never been able to get him the ball and there are many QB's in the NFL who think it's too risky to continuously throw over the middle, in all of that traffic, risking a turnover, hence the historical lack of production from TE's even the "generational" talents like Pitts and V. Davis.

Hopefully our next QB is a young stud like Mahomes who likes to use the TE.  I am not sure where that leaves Mayer because if he continues to produce at this clip he will join a long list of 1st/2nd round busts for this franchise.  

Don’t take a generational talent because others have failed. Got it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

What part of they were not going to outbid Minnesota do you not comprehend. It was the worst kept secret in the draft that Minnesota coveted him. They had a higher first round pick and another first round pick to make sure they landed him. 

Who do you think you are coming in here with your facts? 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That is pure speculation and it's a fact that we didn't even try.  Are you telling me that if we threw 4 first rounders at the Jets the Vikings would have outbid us?  Hahaha Obviously that would be illogical and foolish to do but I am using this an example of how idiotic your stance is.  

The Vikings gave up two 4th's to move up for JJ.  Your point would make a bit of sense if they had they moved up 5+ spots for him and gave up multiple high end picks but they didn't.  They could have been outbid and we didn't even give it a shot. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Who do you think you are coming in here with your facts? 😂

Another poster who doesn't know what the word fact means.  Back to 1st grade for you LOL

A fact is we never tried to move up.  A fact is Min. moved up one spot and gave up two 4th's to do so.  Those are facts.

Now to speculation... Would us trading 4 1sts to move up to 10 for JJ have sealed the deal?  I would venture to say yes and the Vikings wouldn't have outbid us.  Would that have been completely foolish, yes but I am using it to prove a point. Just like the Million Dollar Man used to say, "everyone has got a price". 

I can't believe that I am wasting my time on here with people who think speculation is fact  It is truly remarkable....

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Another poster who doesn't know what the word fact means.  Back to 1st grade for you LOL

A fact is we never tried to move up.  A fact is Min. moved up one spot and gave up two 4th's to do so.  Those are facts.

Now to speculation... Would us trading 4 1sts to move up to 10 for JJ have sealed the deal?  I would venture to say yes and the Vikings wouldn't have outbid us.  Would that have been completely foolish, yes but I am using it to prove a point. Just like the Million Dollar Man used to say, "everyone has got a price". 

I can't believe that I am wasting my time on here with people who think speculation is fact  It is truly remarkable....

Fact is, we would never have offered 4 firsts, so wtf are you even talking about. Sound foolish trying to prove a point. Fact is you’ve admitted not having any meaningful knowledge on college prospects yet yap in  here about who we should and shouldn’t take lmao 🤡 just quit while you’re behind. 

• Like 2

Just now, Geezy said:

Fact is, we would never have offered 4 firsts, so wtf are you even talking about. Sound foolish trying to prove a point. Fact is you’ve admitted not having any meaningful knowledge on college prospects yet yap in  here about who we should and shouldn’t take lmao 🤡 just quit while you’re behind. 

Quite wasting my time considering you have no clue what a fact is.  Nothing more needs to be said that that.  

We are talking 1st grade stuff here....  Unbelievable