Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

In Jahan’s first ever game vs the Jags Jahan had 2 TDs & in the Giants home game in 2022 as a rookie were two games that stand out where Dotson played extremely well. Vs the NYG in primetime he had 4 catches, 105 yards & a TD.

That Jags game was a "Gerald Riggs" game. The Jints game I'll give you.

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not really. I'm showing why only focusing on TDs as a metric of why a player is better is misleading. 

Ok Buddy Ryan, “All he does is catch touchdowns.”

Buddy Ryan on why he traded Chris Carter to Minnesota 30 years ago.

Bit of a non-existent start for Jahan in Philly last night.

I didn’t watch the game, but I see that he played 42% of the snaps and garnered just one target on a screen pass (that was nearly a pick-six). Sounds pretty familiar. 

Edited by e16bball

20 hours ago, e16bball said:

Bit of a non-existent start for Jahan in Philly last night.

I didn’t watch the game, but I see that he played 42% of the snaps and garnered just one target on a screen pass (that was nearly a pick-six). Sounds pretty familiar. 

This is a fair assessment, but the trolls jumping on him immediately are going to look dumb if he turns it around.  

Also, there is something to be said for him being 5-6 in the offensive pecking order, versus he was basically 2-3 here.  Their running game is clearly better than ours, and Barkley is still an elite RB so he’s above Dotson, two other receivers are above Dotson, their TE is above him and I also count Jalen’s rushing ability.  

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is a fair assessment, but the trolls jumping on him immediately are going to look dumb if he turns it around.  

Also, there is something to be said for him being 5-6 in the offensive pecking order, versus he was basically 2-3 here.  Their running game is clearly better than ours, and Barkley is still an elite RB so he’s above Dotson, two other receivers are above Dotson, their TE is above him and I also count Jalen’s rushing ability.  

Or he's just not very good and has issues separating from coverage? Do I think he's better than anyone on our roster not named McLaurin? Absolutely. But that has more to do with the state of our receiving corp than how good Dotson is

37 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Or he's just not very good and has issues separating from coverage? Do I think he's better than anyone on our roster not named McLaurin? Absolutely. But that has more to do with the state of our receiving corp than how good Dotson is

Eagles thought enough of him to trade a third rounder.  I don’t think he is going to be great, but I also don’t think he’s terrible.  He’s probably cast right in the Eagles though as a slot WR.  Definitely overdrafted. 

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Eagles thought enough of him to trade a third rounder.  I don’t think he is going to be great, but I also don’t think he’s terrible.  He’s probably cast right in the Eagles though as a slot WR.  Definitely overdrafted. 

Value equates to closer to a mid 4th if I remember right.