Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude caught 7 TDs passes as a rookie, which is the most TDs caught by a Washington WR since Terry McLaurin did it his rookie season (and McLaurin has never caught that many TDs again). 

He was a consensus 1st round talent coming out of college who is only 24 years old and has 2 years remaining (plus a 5th year option) on his contract. 

He was team captain and honor role award winning player for Penn State, so this "he has an attitude" whispers coming from the current staff seems like some nonsense they are floating to justify them dumping him. 

We traded him to a division opponent. 

The other #2 options at WR on our team suck. 

Should I continue? 

He wasn't hustling...that has been reported.

He wasn't physical & can't block. Also true 

He didn't fit, what this team is trying to build.

I guess we should have cut him then? Got nothing in return. Right MKnight82?

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

He didn't fit, what this team is trying to build.

No one ****s on former players like Washington fans man. 

Remember everything you said when we play him 2x a year. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

No one ****s on former players like Washington fans man. 

Remember everything you said when we play him 2x a year. 

Hell, Forbes was blanketing the dude in practice.

That should tell ya, everything you need to know.

Dotson, was Forbes get right Wr.

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I never witnessed this. Seems like yet another case of the Washington F.O. crapping on a player who's out the door. 

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Does he play TE? Who cares? 

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

He didn't fit, what this team is trying to build

Then maybe they should reevaluate what they are trying to build. 

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

This is an idiotic argument. No you play through the season with him on the roster. 

• Like 2

I hope they are right about this bc I don’t like it. I thought Jahan should stay even if he was only going to be the #4 WR and I hate trading him to the Eagles. It wouldn’t shock me if he catches a few TD passes on us this year like he’s done to the Eagles in his first two years while playing for us.

I would not be putting all of my eggs in the Dyami Brown basket if I was running the team. I’m hopefully they are going to sign one of the vets who are available or make some kind of move bc I don’t like our WR room at all w/o Jahan in it and I never loved it before even when he was in it.

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I never witnessed this. Seems like yet another case of the Washington F.O. crapping on a player who's out the door. 

Does he play TE? Who cares? 

Then maybe they should reevaluate what they are trying to build. 

This is an idiotic argument. No you play through the season with him on the roster. 

If you believe what your typing, MKnight?

Then you do not know, what kind of offense, they're trying to put together. That's all I can say.

To run the offense of the RPO, MKnight?

The zone reads, the bootlegs with Jayden, etc. the WR's HAVE to be Physical & be able to block.

It's why we signed Ertz, it's why we will keep Bates, it's why McLaurin isn't going anywhere.

Dotson goes not fit the scheme, we are putting together.

But he still had a chance in the slot, had he worked his *** off.

Unfortunately, guys like rookie McCaffrey & others can ALSO block.

So then that leaves him for Special Teams, which he ALSO can not do.

Oh yea...almost forgot. He's been dropping balls, too.

As I said a few weeks ago on Twitter, trading Jahan because he isn’t a good blocker reminds me of the Shanahan’s. Remember we signed/overpaid for Josh Morgan basically because he was a good blocker, it certainly wasn’t because he was better than an average WR.

I totally agree that Jahan isn’t the most physically imposing WR but as Mknight said, Jahan flashed a lot over the last two season and Dyami & OZ may be more physical but they’ve barely flashed in their entire careers. 

They should’ve found a way to use Jahan in the way that Scott Turner did as a rookie when Jahan had 7 TDs in just 12 games.

I really am scared for our secondary going up against AJ Brown, Dovanta Smith, Jahan Dotson & Goddert. The Eagles are going to smoke us!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

As I said a few weeks ago on Twitter, trading Jahan because he isn’t a good blocker reminds me of the Shanahan’s. Remember we signed/overpaid for Josh Morgan basically because he was a good blocker, it certainly wasn’t because he was better than an average WR.

I totally agree that Jahan isn’t the most physically imposing WR but as Mknight said, Jahan flashed a lot over the last two season and Dyami & OZ may be more physical but they’ve barely flashed in their entire careers. 

They should’ve found a way to use Jahan in the way that Scott Turner did as a rookie when Jahan had 7 TDs in just 7 games.

I really am scared for our secondary going up against AJ Brown, Dovanta Smith, Jahan Dotson & Goddert. The Eagles are going to smoke us!

Eaglets are deep for sure and we'll have a dbl covered McLaurin ..😟

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If you believe what your typing, MKnight?

Then you do not know, what kind of offense, they're trying to put together. That's all I can say.

To run the offense of the RPO, MKnight?

The zone reads, the bootlegs with Jayden, etc. the WR's HAVE to be Physical & be able to block.

It's why we signed Ertz, it's why we will keep Bates, it's why McLaurin isn't going anywhere.

Dotson goes not fit the scheme, we are putting together.

But he still had a chance in the slot, had he worked his *** off.

Unfortunately, guys like rookie McCaffrey & others can ALSO block.

So then that leaves him for Special Teams, which he ALSO can not do.

Oh yea...almost forgot. He's been dropping balls, too.

Wait a minute. This is all opinions.

1. You’re assuming Jahan didn’t work hard without even being there to watch him. It was never reported that he wasn’t working hard. It was being reported that he wasn’t as physical as they’d like their WRs to be. Reports were that Jahan would often times get rerouted & that he wasn’t physical enough in fighting to get open or especially in his blocking which also showed up in the 1st preseason game when he couldn’t hold a block on the outside on the Terry swing pass so the defender that Jahan was trying to block made the tackle.

2. Not keeping a WR because he’s not a great blocker is not smart to me but, I do think you’re right about that but that’s not the only reason they are trading him, see above.

3. Jahan can play special teams. He had 25 punt returns in college & he returned one for a TD.

I think this comes down to Jahan not being as physical of a receiver as they want more than anything and, they got a 3rd round pick back in return which they hopefully can turn into a starter either at WR or another position.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Eaglets are deep for sure and we'll have a dbl covered McLaurin ..😟

Hell, they might not even cover Dyami with a CB! Double Terry with 2 CBs & have the SS cover Dyami. 😂 jk

Just now, turtle28 said:

Wait a minute. This is all opinions.

1. You’re assuming Jahan didn’t work hard without even being there to watch him. It was never reported that he wasn’t working hard. It was being reported that he wasn’t as physical as they’d like their WRs to be. Reports were that Jahan would often times get rerouted & that he wasn’t physical enough in fighting to get open or especially in his blocking which also showed up in the 1st preseason game when he couldn’t hold a block on the outside on the Terry swing pass so the defender that Jahan was trying to block made the tackle.

2. Not keeping a WR because he’s not a great blocker is not smart to me but, I do think you’re right about that but that’s not the only reason they are trading him, see above.

3. Jahan can play special teams. He had 25 punt returns in college & he returned one for a TD.

I think this comes down to Jahan not being as physical of a receiver as they want more than anything and, they got a 3rd round pick back in return which they hopefully can turn into a starter either at WR or another position.

Kevin Sheehan on both his podcast & radio has been talking about this, since training camp.

reporters have been asking Dan Quinn specifically about Dotson.

Quinn wasn't leaving out players who were playing well. He would mention by name, McCaffrey, B-Rob, Terry, Ekeler, etc.

When asked about Dotson??

instead of throwing him under the bus?

Quinn would say...

"We are in a competition , I want our guys to hustle, finish their routes, block better, catch the balls, etc."

He wasn't talking about the other 8 or 9 WR's on the roster.

Reporters we're reading between the lines..on these specific Dotson questions about him being the #2.

And now we see how Dotson has been playing, a long with rest of them.

As well as signing a dude who's been out of the league for 6 yrs, in Martavis Bryant.

There was speculation Dotson was going to lose his #2 spot.

Some though he was a cut candidate.

So seeing him traded?

Washington not only not a surprise by me, but I'm tickled pink we got a 3rd & 2-7's for him.

We traded him to the Eagles.

We would NOT have done that, if this FO had any fear in Dotson regaining form.

There were also reports about his odd body language, as well as his confidence.

Who knows, maybe a change in scenery, will do him some good.

But as of right now? I'm not concerned at all, that he's an Eagle.

Personally, I wouldn't be shocked, if he gets cut after this trade from the Eagles.

He's been that bad.