53 Man Roster & Practice Squad Discussion Thread

32 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

There are only 12 players left, from Rivera's 4 years of drafting.

The dirty dozen:

- BRobinson RB

- JBates TE

- DBrown WR

- CPaul G/T

- SCosmi - G

- BSt-Juste - CB

- EForbes CB

- PMathis - DT

- JDavis Edge/LB

- QMartin  S

- DForrest S

- PButler S

And I could easily see a couple more from this list, on their way out as well.

Got to get rid of Mathis. He's just not very good.

😂 Good name Ace. And a handful of those ppl thought would be cut.

This reeks of the 76ers “process” 2.0. They got rid of any young player that had a chance of improving and helping us win games this year and replaced them with a bunch of middling low ceiling journeyman free agents. This is a roster designed to suck. 

• Like 1

I'm really not too upset about any of our cuts, with exception to K.J. Henry.

What little playing time he got, he seemed to make the most of it. Always seemed like he was making plays.

He seemed quick, tough & could tackle. I really liked him as a player & thought for sure, he would be kept for depth.

He also had that sack vs Patriots 1st team offense the other night & hurt the QB. Which is why Maye came in earlier than expected.

(Granted the patriots line is terrible)

But, he'll get scooped up by someone.

Lol- probably the Patriots. Lol

So, kinda sucks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If they want to go the defensive route with their waiver claim there’s Kyron Johnson LB that was cut by the Steelers 

I think Deion Jones is more of a target to be the backup MLB bc of the history w/ Quinn

• Like 1

The Lions are expected to sign Tim Patrick, the former Broncos WR who's 6’4, 215 but he's battled s torn ACL & Achilles the last two seasons.

I'm hopeful we sign Donovan Peoples Jomes still. He may be able to best Dyami out to be a #2.

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They kept their 7th round edge rusher over previous 3rd and 4th round interior Olineman when our Oline is total garbage 

And the OL that Rivera drafted appeared to be overdrafted while Jean-Baptiste flashed this offseason. 

I’m more concerned about Henry being cut.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And the OL that Rivera drafted appeared to be overdrafted while Jean-Baptiste flashed this offseason. 

I’m more concerned about Henry being cut.

They weren’t overdrafted though. They were consensus mid round picks. Both were seen predraft as having starter potential. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

This reeks of the 76ers “process” 2.0. They got rid of any young player that had a chance of improving and helping us win games this year and replaced them with a bunch of middling low ceiling journeyman free agents. This is a roster designed to suck. 

This is a bad roster. It reminds me of that Shanahan 2011 team with Rex/Beck. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

49 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They weren’t overdrafted though. They were consensus mid round picks. Both were seen predraft as having starter potential. 

We see players all the time that don’t live up to their draft selection and we have called them over drafted on this forum for two decades.

They weren’t living up to where they were drafted & FAs they brought in outplayed them or had more experience. 

I’m hoping that Braeden Daniels & Stromberg make it to the practice squad so they can be developed for another year but they’re clearly not even the player Chris Paul has developed into & he was picked later.

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is a bad roster. It reminds me of that Shanahan 2011 team with Rex/Beck. 

Oh yes, the one Mike Shanahan “staked his reputation on,” and he lost my respect forever when they were worse than the McNabb team plus the mostly Zorn team he inherited in 2010. 🤣 

In all honestly though, our roster is better than that in places but worse in other places. Obviously QB, WR & RB are better now. In 2011 Trent was better than any of our current OL, but I’d take the rest of starring OL over the 2011 OL. The TEs seem like a push.

The safeties we have now and the DTs are better than the ones we had in 2011 & I think the LBs are better now too. The edge rushers we had in 2011 were better with Rak & Kerrigan and we did have better corners in 2011.

I have maintained I think we are a 5-win to 7-win team and the only way we’d win more is if Jayden just has a great rookie season which is possible but TBD. I think we’re picking in the 6 to 12 range next draft. I can't wait to get a top 10 1st round CB or OT.

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh yes, the one Mike Shanahan “staked his reputation on,” and he lost my respect forever when they were worse than the McNabb team plus the mostly Zorn team he inherited in 2010. 🤣 

In all honestly though, our roster is better than that in places but worse in other places. Obviously QB, WR & RB are better now. In 2011 Trent was better than any of our current OL, but I’d take the rest of starring OL over the 2011 OL. The TEs seem like a push.

The safeties we have now and the DTs are better than the ones we had in 2011 & I think the LBs are better now too. The edge rushers we had in 2011 were better with Rak & Kerrigan and we did have better corners in 2011.

I have maintained I think we are a 5-win to 7-win team and the only way we’d win more is if Jayden just has a great rookie season which is possible but TBD. I think we’re picking in the 6 to 12 range next draft. I can't wait to get a top 10 1st round CB or OT.

Or wide receiver or LB or guard or anything lol

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Wiley can do everything Ekeler does. Only thing I’m not sure of is Pass Pro. 

Ekeler is one year removed from being a top 5-7 RB.  If he can attain part of that level again, that’s a huge weapon for Daniels.  Wiley does not have that type of ceiling.  

• Like 1