53 Man Roster & Practice Squad Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'd take Cine over Forrest in Quinns system
Justyn Ross prob just more of a draft crush I don't want to give up on the anything but has Size

Honestly at WR I expect something more along the Lines of Noah Brown or People-Jones then us claiming one

Given our AGM coming from Detroit, I think Peoples-Jones is probably coming here.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

waiver period hasn't expired. Guess we could still put a claim in -- if we wanted him .

No vested veterans aren't subject to waviers so guys with 4 years in nfl don't go on wire for example Tim Patrick got cut and already signed with Lions

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

waiver period hasn't expired. Guess we could still put a claim in -- if we wanted him .

I think he's been in the league long enough where he's just a FA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

12:00 from what I read 

They are already "in" probably . Processing starts at noon .. from my limited understanding. Also simultaneously signings to the practice squad .

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Some people should Know you don't claim Vets on 2nd deals so players like Noah Brown Laiel Collins are just free agents

Players I'd like to Claim
WR Terrance Marshall
CB Keenan Isaac
OL Royce Newman
OL Jackson Carmen

Players I think Quinn and Peters cold Claim
DB Eric Scott
TE Cameron Latu

3 Players with high upside but havn't shown it in NFL that intrigue me
S Lewis Cine
HB Isiah Spiller
WR Justyn Ross

Good list and good explanation of the rules.

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

The biggest shock to me and I think most of us is the McNichols keep. I'd be a dead man if I bet my life on him being gone. and I would have with complete confidence. 

BTW- You guys may know, I didn't . Waiver claims get processed at noon today ! Christmas all over again-maybe

It has to be because of special teams.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Scheme fit maybe?

Fowler was a lock for this roster the day we signed him IMO. Quinn coached Fowler in ATL & most recently in Dallas. Fowler is a situational pass rusher that Quinn knows fits into his LEO role which can be a SLB on run downs & a pass rusher in obvious pass rush situations and this is the position that Jamin I believe will play as well.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It has to be because of special teams.

That makes sense but damm Wiley looked good. had that hesitation , reading blocks then a burst . I was impressed !

Reminded me of the way Emmitt Smith used to run.. So many times I thought we had him boxed in then boom ! he got 4-8 yards !

Edited by RSkinGM
more info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I'd take Cine over Forrest in Quinns system
Justyn Ross prob just more of a draft crush I don't want to give up on the anything but has Size

Honestly at WR I expect something more along the Lines of Noah Brown or People-Jones then us claiming one

I would stick with Forrest. Forrest has proven “position flex” 😂 He was drafted as a S who couldnpoah FS but was more of a SS. Then, in 2022 he outplayed Bobby McCain and took his job as our starting FS and was our starting FS on our 7t-ranked defense. 

Cine was definitely drafted higher and has a higher ceiling but it's a major red flag he was released by Minny after just 1 season by a GM & HC who I respect immensely. 

If we were to claim Cine then I would hope they would do so at the expense of Butler and not Forrest.

When we go to our Big Nickle D which I think we’ll be in a lot, especially on run downs, I think that Chinn will play like a WLB and then I think Forrest should be the SS. 

That's what I would do to start the season at least.