The Cutdown to 53 (Official list on page 4)

Gainer should be in. Eichenberg likely to go to IR. Deablo, Spillane, Masterson & Burney. 

McAllister might make the team as 5th WR with DA, Meyers, Tucker, Turner. 

Snowden might make the 5th DE role. Maxx, Koonce, Wilson & Robinson. 

I’m interested in the CBs, whether Governor makes the team or we look at cuts. Webb made a couple of plays last night. Facyson probably goes to IR if he’s not cut. 

• Like 1

At WR I think Keyton has more upside than Wilkerson but maybe Wilk gets it on experience.

At S I think I’d take both Trey Taylor and Chris Smith with Grant missing out but I feel they’ll have Grant on the 53.

Wilson to me doesn’t look as good as Snowden, Smith or Robinson at DE so it’ll be unlucky when one of those misses out despite outplaying him.

DT I don’t think Butler or Young have done enough, Young looks like he’s got lead boots on and Butler just gets destroyed at the PoA. Wilkins, Jenkins, A Butler, Nesta and Wilson I’d have at DT.

CB I think Devonshire made too many mistakes for the 53 but he should get on the PS.

I think McAllister definitely makes the team. 

Team site has him listed as a WR. He's played RB before. 

I'd keep a base 5 WRs and 3 RBs w/ McAllister floating. He should primarily be our KR/PR. 

Last years final roster ended with 6 WRs and 4 RBs. 

In that vein of 9-10 spots, I'd keep:

RBs: White, Mattison, Laube, and possibly one of McCormick, Abdullah, or Brown (edge to McCormick, imo). 

WR: Adams, Meyers, Tucker, Turner, Keyton

KR/PR/Flex: McAllister 

That's 9 locks with a potential 10th if we wanted a 4th RB to stick or a 6th designated WR (Guyton or Wilkerson I guess). 

I'm not letting McAllister ot Keyton possibly wind up getting poached though. Both showed too much upside that beats out some known commodities. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think McAllister definitely makes the team. 

Team site has him listed as a WR. He's played RB before. 

I'd keep a base 5 WRs and 3 RBs w/ McAllister floating. He should primarily be our KR/PR. 

Last years final roster ended with 6 WRs and 4 RBs. 

In that vein of 9-10 spots, I'd keep:

RBs: White, Mattison, Laube, and possibly one of McCormick, Abdullah, or Brown (edge to McCormick, imo). 

WR: Adams, Meyers, Tucker, Turner, Keyton

KR/PR/Flex: McAllister 

That's 9 locks with a potential 10th if we wanted a 4th RB to stick or a 6th designated WR (Guyton or Wilkerson I guess). 

I'm not letting McAllister ot Keyton possibly wind up getting poached though. Both showed too much upside that beats out some known commodities. 

Guyton I was not impressed by his pathetic attempt at a tackle in the 49ers kickoff return, don’t know if that’ll factor in though. Those last 2 WR spots are going to be tight.

Really like the potential I saw with Keyton, hope he makes it!

I was hoping Dalton Wagner at OT would show done flashes as I thought he was promising but he fell flat and struggled during the games. I think we carry Miller, Munford and Glaze at OT only.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

At WR I think Keyton has more upside than Wilkerson but maybe Wilk gets it on experience.

At S I think I’d take both Trey Taylor and Chris Smith with Grant missing out but I feel they’ll have Grant on the 53.

Wilson to me doesn’t look as good as Snowden, Smith or Robinson at DE so it’ll be unlucky when one of those misses out despite outplaying him.

DT I don’t think Butler or Young have done enough, Young looks like he’s got lead boots on and Butler just gets destroyed at the PoA. Wilkins, Jenkins, A Butler, Nesta and Wilson I’d have at DT.

CB I think Devonshire made too many mistakes for the 53 but he should get on the PS.

Keyton's upside just seems really solid to me. He'd get snatched off the PS quick. I wouldn't have said it prior to his last drive last night, but he seized the moment. Bradley places a couple of those balls better, Keyton probably houses one of them. He absolutely showed out and did things that impress regardless of the level of competition. Almost everything he could do from an individual player perspective, he did. 

Smith just doesn't do it for me. I'd actually keep Grant over him. Grant took some bad angles, but I recall him also making some solid disruptions top. Smith just felt totally invisible to me beyond the tipped INT. 

Snowden and Robinson both deserve a spot for sure. Honestly, and I know they won't, but I'm seeing if anyone in the lague wants Wilson and if not, I'm Leatherwooding him. Sunk cost him and move on. 

I'd keep one of Butler or Young around over Wilson even at DT. I don't necessarily think they're better, but they'd be gone for nothing in return. Wilson, there's an outside chance someone is still enamored. Another invisible season and being buried on the depth chart, he becomes completely worthless in any potential trade. I'd take Butler/Young + anything we get for Wilson > Wilson 10/10 times at this point. 

I agree on Devonshire, but I kinda hope he makes it. He has room for improvement, but I saw enough from him that I'd only let him loose if I firmly believed he wouldn't get poached. Potential is there, just not quite ready yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Keyton's upside just seems really solid to me. He'd get snatched off the PS quick. I wouldn't have said it prior to his last drive last night, but he seized the moment. Bradley places a couple of those balls better, Keyton probably houses one of them. He absolutely showed out and did things that impress regardless of the level of competition. Almost everything he could do from an individual player perspective, he did. 

Smith just doesn't do it for me. I'd actually keep Grant over him. Grant took some bad angles, but I recall him also making some solid disruptions top. Smith just felt totally invisible to me beyond the tipped INT. 

Snowden and Robinson both deserve a spot for sure. Honestly, and I know they won't, but I'm seeing if anyone in the lague wants Wilson and if not, I'm Leatherwooding him. Sunk cost him and move on. 

I'd keep one of Butler or Young around over Wilson even at DT. I don't necessarily think they're better, but they'd be gone for nothing in return. Wilson, there's an outside chance someone is still enamored. Another invisible season and being buried on the depth chart, he becomes completely worthless in any potential trade. I'd take Butler/Young + anything we get for Wilson > Wilson 10/10 times at this point. 

I agree on Devonshire, but I kinda hope he makes it. He has room for improvement, but I saw enough from him that I'd only let him loose if I firmly believed he wouldn't get poached. Potential is there, just not quite ready yet. 

Totally agree with Wilson, I’d look to trade him to a 3-4 team whilst he still might have some upside and value for them.

You hit the nail on the head with Keyton, he did seize the moment. Maybe it’s just me but Grant looked hot or miss to me and Smith seemed to me much more reliable. Its touch and go with both though and Taylor. One thing I will say is that Pola Mao impressed so they’d only be #4 or 5 anyway and primarily STs.

• Like 1

Just now, Darbsk said:

Totally agree with Wilson, I’d look to trade him to a 3-4 team whilst he still might have some upside and value for them.

You hit the nail on the head with Keyton, he did seize the moment. Maybe it’s just me but Grant looked hot or miss to me and Smith seemed to me much more reliable. Its touch and go with both though and Taylor. One thing I will say is that Pola Mao impressed so they’d only be #4 or 5 anyway and primarily STs.

True. Who offers more ST upside that deep down the S pecking order? I really didn't pay much attention to players because I was trying to figure out the new kicking rules. 

WR Davante Adams Kristian Wilkerson Tyreik McAllister 

LT Kolton Miller Andrus Peat 

LG Cody Whitehair Jackson Powers-Johnson 

C Andre James  Will Putnam

RG Dylan Parham Jordan Meredith

RT Thayer Munford Jr. DJ Glaze 

TE Michael Mayer Brock Bowers Harrison Bryant 

WR Jakobi Meyers Tre Tucker  DJ Turner 

QB Gardner Minshew II Aidan O'Connell 

RB Zamir White Alexander Mattison Ameer Abdullah  Dylan Laube 

Defense

DE Maxx Crosby Tyree Wilson Charles Snowden 

DT John Jenkins Byron Young Matthew Butler 

DT Christian Wilkins Adam Butler 

DE Malcolm Koonce Janarius Robinson

OLB Divine Deablo  Amari Gainer Luke Masterson

MLB Robert Spillane Tommy Eichenberg 

CB Jack Jones Nate Hobbs M.J. Devonshire 

CB Jakorian Bennett Decamerion Richardson 

FS Tre’von Moehrig Isaiah Pola-Mao 

SS Marcus Epps Chris Smith II Trey Taylor

Special Teams

P AJ Cole

K Daniel Carlson

LS Jacob Bobenmoyer

My final 53.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

True. Who offers more ST upside that deep down the S pecking order? I really didn't pay much attention to players because I was trying to figure out the new kicking rules. 

I can’t say I really know tbh 😁 but I saw some terrible angles from Grant, so maybe that factors. I don’t think there’s much between any of them honestly, maybe Grant popped off the screen a little more but he also made a couple egregious errors too. I just happen to like Smith and Taylor but I couldn’t definitively say they’re better.

49 minutes ago, Totty said:

WR Davante Adams Kristian Wilkerson Tyreik McAllister 

LT Kolton Miller Andrus Peat 

LG Cody Whitehair Jackson Powers-Johnson 

C Andre James  Will Putnam

RG Dylan Parham Jordan Meredith

RT Thayer Munford Jr. DJ Glaze 

TE Michael Mayer Brock Bowers Harrison Bryant 

WR Jakobi Meyers Tre Tucker  DJ Turner 

QB Gardner Minshew II Aidan O'Connell 

RB Zamir White Alexander Mattison Ameer Abdullah  Dylan Laube 

Defense

DE Maxx Crosby Tyree Wilson Charles Snowden 

DT John Jenkins Byron Young Matthew Butler 

DT Christian Wilkins Adam Butler 

DE Malcolm Koonce Janarius Robinson

OLB Divine Deablo  Amari Gainer Luke Masterson

MLB Robert Spillane Tommy Eichenberg 

CB Jack Jones Nate Hobbs M.J. Devonshire 

CB Jakorian Bennett Decamerion Richardson 

FS Tre’von Moehrig Isaiah Pola-Mao 

SS Marcus Epps Chris Smith II Trey Taylor

Special Teams

P AJ Cole

K Daniel Carlson

LS Jacob Bobenmoyer

My final 53.

I’d probably only have 9 OLine as they’ve preached versatility there.

Also, for me, there’s no way I’d take Young and M Butler over Nesta, they’re terrible. I’d even have McCall before them though I think the FO will agree with you!

Offense (24)

QB (2): Minshew | O'Connell 

RB (4): White | Mattison | Abdullah | Laube

WR (3): Adams | Turner | McCallister 

WR (3): Meyers | Tucker | Wilkerson

TE (3): Bowers | Mayer | Bryant

OT (4): Miller | Munford | Glaze | Peat

OG (4): JPJ | Parham | Whitehair | Meredith

C (1): James 

Defense (25)

DE (5): Crosby | Koonce | Wilson | Robinson | Snowden

DT (5): Wilkins | Butler | Jenkins | Young | Nesta 

LB (5): Spillane | Deablo | Masterson | Gainer | Eichenberg

CB (6): Jones | Hobbs | Bennett | Fayscon | Richardson | Devonshire

S (4): Epps | Moehrig | Smith | Palo-Mao

Would leave one spot open

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Offense (24)

QB (2): Minshew | O'Connell 

RB (4): White | Mattison | Abdullah | Laube

WR (3): Adams | Turner | McCallister 

WR (3): Meyers | Tucker | Wilkerson

TE (3): Bowers | Mayer | Bryant

OT (4): Miller | Munford | Glaze | Peat

OG (4): JPJ | Parham | Whitehair | Meredith

C (1): James 

Defense (25)

DE (5): Crosby | Koonce | Wilson | Robinson | Snowden

DT (5): Wilkins | Butler | Jenkins | Young | Nesta 

LB (5): Spillane | Deablo | Masterson | Gainer | Eichenberg

CB (6): Jones | Hobbs | Bennett | Fayscon | Richardson | Devonshire

S (4): Epps | Moehrig | Smith | Palo-Mao

Would leave one spot open

That’s pretty much the same as I’d have 😀 but I’d probably go with Webb at CB over Facyson due to him never being on the field. I’d like to squeeze young Keyton in there somewhere aswell as I feel he has more upside than Wilkerson maybe.

I’m thinking Taylor at S or Elerson Smith DE as the open spot (and try to trade Wilson).