College Football Talk 2024!

textaz03

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

It’s amazing that Kirk Ferentz has been coaching football for nearly 50yrs and he does some of things he does. Today was an unbelievable Ferentz Special. Just spectacularly dense. 

Iowa needs to move on. It's beyond time. 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

ND got beat by unranked Marshal this same week last year. 

Notre Dame is overhyped. Feels like every year they earn a high ranking only to beat by some nobody. 

21 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Now throw up those horns!! 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻Texas went into The Big House and smacked the defending National Champs in the mouth!!  Michigan’s first loss at home since 2020. 😂 🤘🏻HOOK’EM HORNS!!  🤘🏻

Beating last year’s Michigan team would’ve been a bigger accomplishment, not this year’s. Losing 17 starters and a head coach to the NFL always spells “rebuild”. Michigan will likely lose 4-5 games this year.

On 9/8/2024 at 3:17 PM, plan9misfit said:

Beating last year’s Michigan team would’ve been a bigger accomplishment, not this year’s. Losing 17 starters and a head coach to the NFL always spells “rebuild”. Michigan will likely lose 4-5 games this year.

Yeah Michigan is going to crash back to earth this year.  If that's the price of winning a championship so be it.  I'd rather experience winning it all then coming close but never making it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Nico Iamaleava is going to be a 1st rounder when he declares. 

I think he’s the best QB in the nation right now. Sanders did look great tonight. Not sold on Ewers durability. Im taking him over Beck, Ward, and Dart. 

23 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I think he’s the best QB in the nation right now. Sanders did look great tonight. Not sold on Ewers durability. Im taking him over Beck, Ward, and Dart. 

Dart looks like he has talent. Neither Beck nor Ward do much for me.

On 9/22/2024 at 2:09 AM, plan9misfit said:

Dart looks like he has talent. Neither Beck nor Ward do much for me.

I'm with this. In today's NFL you need a stand out trait that makes you special. Just being good passers is how you end up with a Sam Darnold. Need to have something special about you. Be it the Uber fast release, the escapability, an ability to run, the potential to improvise on a broken play... Something that sets you aside. Just being a good passer isn't enough anymore.

On 9/22/2024 at 1:46 AM, DaBoys said:

Sanders benefits from an offense that lets him showcase his greatest gifts. It's good coaching. He will be special in the NFL if, and only if, he lands with a coordinator/coach that does the same thing for him. Because outside of those special traits, he is pretty bland.

All things considered however, what makes him special could make him step into the league on day 1 and potentially be an all pro right out of the gate. Just, not if he steps into a situation where he has to play a typical drop back, read, progress, throw an accurate ball for 6 yards kind of system. That isn't him, it's never going to be him, and if they try to make it him, you're looking at a world class bust 

Open up the offense. Spread the defense out. Give him a chance to buy time and work the pocket. Give him some vertical options to work with. And don't tie him down with things like timing patterns, and he has the ability to run a very special offense.

Edited by Dallas94Ware