The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

16 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Stefanski just got a 5 year extension. You’d think that would give him some leverage to do what he wants at qb. If Jimmy fires him for starting Winston he still gets paid and the optics for haslam look horrible.

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I guess not.

If he benches Watson and Winston lights it up (or at least pulls the offense out of the gutter) then he’s entirely vindicated imo.

Now if Winston stinks too, he probably just fired himself if ownership believes in Watson. And if MKC’s stance is any indication, they do.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I guess not.

If he benches Watson and Winston lights it up (or at least pulls the offense out of the gutter) then he’s entirely vindicated imo.

Now if Winston stinks too, he probably just fired himself if ownership believes in Watson. And if MKC’s stance is any indication, they do.

I believe you but where did MKC post that?

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I believe you but where did MKC post that?

It’s not anything she posted, but there’s long been rumors that Dee is someone she’s close with and will give here info.  It’s why she’s usually good for scoops/legit info.  The flip side is she has to toe the company line to some degree.  She was hyping this offense all summer, even when everyone else was pointing out struggles. 

Shes still out here taking about “we need to get a receiver” and “Deshaun needs to fix a thing or two”, etc.  absolutely delusional stuff. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not anything she posted, but there’s long been rumors that Dee is someone she’s close with and will give here info.  It’s why she’s usually good for scoops/legit info.  The flip side is she has to toe the company line to some degree.  She was hyping this offense all summer, even when everyone else was pointing out struggles. 

Shes still out here taking about “we need to get a receiver” and “Deshaun needs to fix a thing or two”, etc.  absolutely delusional stuff. 

The sad thing is, they should have sold now; sell Amari, try to sell Jeudy, sell whoever you can on offense (Wills, Conklin, have a conversation with Bitonio on if he wants to go to a winner or finish his career here), maybe even sell guys like Zedarius Smith, Tomlinson, Thornhill, whatever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

The sad thing is, they should have sold now; sell Amari, try to sell Jeudy, sell whoever you can on offense (Wills, Conklin, have a conversation with Bitonio on if he wants to go to a winner or finish his career here), maybe even sell guys like Zedarius Smith, Tomlinson, Thornhill, whatever.

We crave another team’s trash if anything. Elijah Moore is a problem in New York? No problem, we can use him. Jerry Jeudy is a problem and he can’t catch the ball in Denver? Hop aboard. Don’t get me started on the Watson situation. I next anticipate the Packers trying to trade their WR they suspended last week and the Browns going after him. Dumbest organization in sports right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Imo this roster isn’t the issue.  There are issues, sure, but it’s talented and able to compete.  We saw it last year.  I wouldn’t sell a thing until I see what Winston can do.

But if we’re just gonna keep pretending Watson is gonna figure it out, sure, whatever, trade whoever because nothing really matters at that point. 

This doesn’t have to be a “strip it to the studs” rebuild. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Imo this roster isn’t the issue.  There are issues, sure, but it’s talented and able to compete.  We saw it last year.  I wouldn’t sell a thing until I see what Winston can do.

But if we’re just gonna keep pretending Watson is gonna figure it out, sure, whatever, trade whoever because nothing really matters at that point. 

This doesn’t have to be a “strip it to the studs” rebuild. 

Cooper is gone regardless, so are Wills, Conklin, Z, Moore, and Thornhill. That’s not a tear it down to the studs move, that’s potentially building up a cache or picks and unloading dudes to contenders.

Jeudy is whatever, but you get my point. I’m not advocating trading Myles, Ward (although given his head injuries I’d consider it), JOK, or Delpit, but I am fine unloading dudes who we won’t get much if anything for.

Its a controlled reset, like a fresh coat of paint, new flooring, and a kitchen renovation, not tearing it down to the studs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Cooper is gone regardless, so are Wills, Conklin, Z, Moore, and Thornhill. That’s not a tear it down to the studs move, that’s potentially building up a cache or picks and unloading dudes to contenders.

ah ok, yeah you’re right there.

Jeudy is whatever, but you get my point. I’m not advocating trading Myles, Ward (although given his head injuries I’d consider it), JOK, or Delpit, but I am fine unloading dudes who we won’t get much if anything for.

yeah, same.

Its a controlled reset, like a fresh coat of paint, new flooring, and a kitchen renovation, not tearing it down to the studs.

I’m 100% ok with that, but I’d love to see what can happen with Winston.  We’re not out of it yet tbh.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

ah ok, yeah you’re right there.

yeah, same.

I’m 100% ok with that, but I’d love to see what can happen with Winston.  We’re not out of it yet tbh.

If they wait until the bye, we are cooked and better off acquiring a cache of picks. If they somehow win this week after Jameis enters the game and saves the day, then yeah, hold serve.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Nice

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Cooper is gone regardless, so are Wills, Conklin, Z, Moore, and Thornhill.

And they will still cost $50 million against the cap, but that's already factored in. I just don't like voided years.

Z would cost more to cut pre June, but after that he would save 5 million (and cost 16 in 26) They may hold on to him.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Jeudy is whatever,

Jeudy would be too expensive of a cap hit next year to trade. They would have to get good compensation to try to figure out that headache and I doubt he would fetch much.

But yeah, you are pretty spot on. Not sure we could get anything for Wills or Conklin, maybe a late conditional pick. Same with Moore, he hasn't increased his value at all here.

They were talking on the radio and predicted Cooper to the Chiefs for a 5th round pick. Seems a bit low even for an underperforming rental player of his caliber but I guess it would be better than nothing if this season isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1