53 Man Roster Cuts & Discussion.

GW21

Just now, GW21 said:

Not really sure why we carried Sam Okuayinonu on our initial 53 in the first place tbh. 

That's a strange one. Would make sense if the third was a outside guy but this one is a headscratcher unless they really thought Okuayinonu would be gone and they have more hope they can PS him this way. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Nice, Ya-Sin and Saubert were two of my least favorite cuts.  It sucks we lost Kingston though.  I feel like I'd rather have Kingston over Barch.

Yeah, I feel as though Kingston was a guy we'd work hard to keep. Same thing happened with Ilm Manning last year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Who is the third one going on IR? Feliciano, Thomas and?

Davis was already on IR designated to return. Not sure if there is anyone else

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think he meant because we were signing three guys and only two were slotted for IR.

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah just a strange move doing it this way. Like the Rock Ya-Sin-Ambry Thomas one and Feliciano-Bartch kinda make sense. Okuayinonu-Saubert is one i just don't understand.

3 hours ago, JIllg said:

This we all foresaw. The answer: hire us as a combined sniff test guy. They run the pick by us and if we hate it enough, we veto it. Would at least rule out the worst decisions lol. 

Was that the most egregiously off the wall pick this regime has ever made? I kind of think it might be. 

Tarvarius Moore would be up there, but at least he was an elite athlete that had a pretty clear big upside. 

So we lost Cody Schrader, Jarrett Kingston, & Samuel Womack to waivers to the Rams, Panthers & Colts

On top of that, Cameron Latu & Jalen Graham joined the Browns & Commanders PS 

Have to imagine we would have kept Graham but he wanted a better opportunity. We have 6 LB's on the 53 & Greenlaw on PUP. 

Overall, only guy i really wish we kept was Kingston over Zakelj. Other than that, i'm fine with the makeup of the 53/PS

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was that the most egregiously off the wall pick this regime has ever made? I kind of think it might be. 

Tarvarius Moore would be up there, but at least he was an elite athlete that had a pretty clear big upside. 

Tarvarius was actually very promising until he tore his achilles.

Honestly, it is Latu. Or maybe Joe williams.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think as far as physical ability+production+character for the guys in the top three, you could say of their dudes, well - Joe Williams could run a 4.41 and looked really good on the field when he didn't quit on his team. Moore was also physically gifted. Latu was very underproductive, not a high caliber athlete for the position, so they were kinda hoping being a great guy would work for him lol.

• Like 1