Surveilling the sophomore QBs

Bryce Young

CJ Stroud

Anthony Richardson

Will Levis

Aidan O'Connell

(apologies if I missed anyone, I tried to name players who are likely to get significant time on the field)

Which of these QBs ball out and build on their rookie years - and which suffer the dreaded second-season syndrome?

I watched Richardson in a couple of preseason games.  The passing issues that he had coming out of college, he still has.  For every great throw there is a head shaking miss.  My guess is that his accuracy is still below 60% this season.  The joke in Indy is asking if he will be making it through 2x the number of games from last year.

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Bryce Young

CJ Stroud

Anthony Richardson

Will Levis

Aidan O'Connell

(apologies if I missed anyone, I tried to name players who are likely to get significant time on the field)

Which of these QBs ball out and build on their rookie years - and which suffer the dreaded second-season syndrome?

AOC isn't even starting.

Young and Levis are in prove-it years. 

Richardson and STroud should both be good. As long as Richardson and Stroud stay healthy.

37 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's hard to see a scenario where Minshew holds the job for the entire year.

AOC should be the starter anyways imo. I think we roll with Minshew for at least 4/5 games, and if we stink we pivot to AOC. Much like last year tbh.

- Bryce is gonna look a lot better this year. Maybe even Top 12. Canales is a QB Guru who fixed both Geno and Mayfield, two lost causes. They also added Diontae Johnson, technically the best WR in the league at actually getting open. And Xaiver Legette, a 1st Round WR built like a truck who is blazing fast. 

- Stroud is in MVP contention this year. He still has Slowik who is one of the best minds in the game. And a complete four headed monster in Nico, Diggs, Dell, and Schultz. 

- Richardson, I am a BIG fan of, but I think his Massive Breakout comes Year 3 and I’ve said that since he got drafted. I expect an Average year out of Richardson for 2024, and an MVP-Level year in 2025. He needs one more year of development. 

- Levis I view as a Low Football IQ QB, and also one of those QB’s that gets rattled by incoming pressure. I don’t view him being a success and see many INT’s this season which will probably be his only year starting. 

• Like 2

No one is mentioning Hendon Hooker, which is understandable, but I believe he's going to play in the league at some point. He's had serious ups and downs in the preseason but consider that he's never played behind even the Lions' full second-team OL. When he's been kept upright he's shown decent ability to go through reads, a zippy arm, and excellent mobility.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Superduperman said:

No one is mentioning Hendon Hooker, which is understandable, but I believe he's going to play in the league at some point. He's had serious ups and downs in the preseason but consider that he's never played behind even the Lions' full second-team OL. When he's been kept upright he's shown decent ability to go through reads, a zippy arm, and excellent mobility.

I would love to see some Hendon Hooker this year.

On 8/29/2024 at 3:34 PM, Tank4Drake said:

- Bryce is gonna look a lot better this year. Maybe even Top 12. Canales is a QB Guru who fixed both Geno and Mayfield, two lost causes. They also added Diontae Johnson, technically the best WR in the league at actually getting open. And Xaiver Legette, a 1st Round WR built like a truck who is blazing fast. 

- Stroud is in MVP contention this year. He still has Slowik who is one of the best minds in the game. And a complete four headed monster in Nico, Diggs, Dell, and Schultz. 

- Richardson, I am a BIG fan of, but I think his Massive Breakout comes Year 3 and I’ve said that since he got drafted. I expect an Average year out of Richardson for 2024, and an MVP-Level year in 2025. He needs one more year of development. 

- Levis I view as a Low Football IQ QB, and also one of those QB’s that gets rattled by incoming pressure. I don’t view him being a success and see many INT’s this season which will probably be his only year starting. 

Lmao. Richardson will be an MVP candidate in 2025, but Levis will be benched? Gotcha.