2024 Eagles regular season

2 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Clearly Jordan Davis is not the wrecking ball that we hoped he would be, but I think it would be wise to keep him. He has a lot of value in the run defense. Eagles would be wise to just view him as their #4 or 5 DT on the depth chart, and draft or sign another DT ahead of him. Hes overpaid right now as a 1st round pick, but his second contract should be pretty cheap because of his lack of production and being good at only 1 thing.

Milton Williams is a bigger problem going forward for this team. If they keep him to start then A: is he truly good enough to start for 17+ games, and B: how much are we going to have to pay him. If we let him walk then we need to find 2 talented DTs along with 2 good DEs in the offseason.

Is Jordan Davis even a plus run defender? 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

I can attest I was not a Davis fan and wanted Kyle Hamilton, but nobody beat the drum for Hamilton more than my guy @4for4PhillyFan.  I think he wants to have Hamilton's children.

I was all over Hamilton as well. Remember being at the Holiday Inn in my city banging the table for him. Seemed like an absolute no brainer. Then of course I tried to talk myself into Davis.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

In the first 4-5 games of the season or the first 80 or so snaps of the season before he runs out of gas, I guess. 

Him and Nolan Smith gonna set the defense back for years. Utterly pitiful draft picks.

• Like 1

I'm late to the Devin White being released news but not at all surprised..

On 3/11/2024 at 4:36 PM, Jeezla said:

Who? Which LB is worth trading for?

We'll sign Devin White (and he'll play like cheeks)

Called it first before we ever signed him.

On 9/4/2024 at 7:03 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Have to wonder if part of getting White to sign here was a promise of being able to start and then gets demoted before week 1 and wants a trade, so the Eagles explore it for him. 

Maybe he just got hurt and that’s why he didn’t travel with the team and he could get his job back, but idk…

Called a trade being explored as soon as Dean was announced starter and White wasn't flying with the team to Brazil. Seemed pretty obvious we would be heading towards a divorce.

14 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Is Jordan Davis even a plus run defender? 

Eh... he holds his point of attack pretty well even against doubles usually, but the problem is he doesn't discard blocks fast enough. Davis has even talked this offseason about having to win quicker and more consistently against single blocks when Carter is drawing the attention, but it just hasn't materialized.

If he was a real plus defender in the run game, then I could live with him not making much of an impact on pass rush downs, but right now he's just playing like a mediocre NT.

And, this is coming from one of his bigger advocates on this forum when we drafted him. I kinda let @TheHonestNFL convince me that a great NT was needed to make the Fangio style D work.

15 hours ago, downundermike said:

And I hate to say it, but we would probably be in the same boat if we took Hamilton.  Not used properly while Davis balls out for the Ravens.

My top 3 guys for us was Jordan Davis then Kyle Hamilton or Trent McDuffie.

The latter was more of a possibility if CJGJ didn't balk at the Eagles offer to him and decide to sign a 1 year deal with Detroit which cornered us into giving Bradberry a bag last offseason.... then we just ended up being stuck with that bad contract and giving an even bigger contract to CJGJ then we did the season before and he's been playing like ****!

I remember reading an interview/article on The Draft Network prior to the draft detailing just how insane of a work ethic and high football iq that McDuffie was.... we should've just picked him cause he probably had the least likely chance of us ******* it up.

Plus, solid NT for cheap aren't that hard to find and the chances of hitting on an athletic pass rushing NT are very slim and guys like Dexter Lawrence are rare asf.

Mitchell and McDuffie as our outside corners at 23 and 24 years old respectively.... we would've been set.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eh... he holds his point of attack pretty well even against doubles usually, but the problem is he doesn't discard blocks fast enough. Davis has even talked this offseason about having to win quicker and more consistently against single blocks when Carter is drawing the attention, but it just hasn't materialized.

If he was a real plus defender in the run game, then I could live with him not making much of an impact on pass rush downs, but right now he's just playing like a mediocre NT.

And, this is coming from one of his bigger advocates on this forum when we drafted him. I kinda let @TheHonestNFL convince me that a great NT was needed to make the Fangio style D work.

My top 3 guys for us was Jordan Davis then Kyle Hamilton or Trent McDuffie.

The latter was more of a possibility if CJGJ didn't balk at the Eagles offer to him and decide to sign a 1 year deal with Detroit which cornered us into giving Bradberry a bag last offseason.... then we just ended up being stuck with that bad contract and giving an even bigger contract to CJGJ then we did the season before and he's been playing like ****!

I remember reading an interview/article on The Draft Network prior to the draft detailing just how insane of a work ethic and high football iq that McDuffie was.... we should've just picked him cause he probably had the least likely chance of us ******* it up.

Plus, solid NT for cheap aren't that hard to find and the chances of hitting on an athletic pass rushing NT are very slim and guys like Dexter Lawrence are rare asf.

Mitchell and McDuffie as our outside corners at 23 and 24 years old respectively.... we would've been set.

My Top was -
Trade up to top 6-8 for Sauce or Stingley (Didn't think they would both go top 4)
or
Trade up top 10 for Hamilton or Thibodeaux

14 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

All I want is Cooper DeJean starting in Nickel over Maddox
Jalyx Hunt to Get Playing Time
Jeremiah Trotter Jr. to get some action maybe Rotating like our DL. 

And to use our pass rushers correctly...Stop trying to force them to stay wide n contain and instead crash the Oline similiar to the Wide 9 Style since we've been having 3 DT's Our Pass Rush has been non existent because Fangio like to rush the 3 Interior and not Fully commit the Edges to Pass Rush but instead Focus more on Setting an Edge So they can't fully get off and up the field.

• Like 1