2024 college football and Draft prospect discussion.

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Absolutely. You can't draft a rare talent like this and then limit him. 

Hunter wouldn’t run both ways until he mastered DB for me week in and week out. Then I’d expand. Like otherwise that’s not what this teams building. Realistically you just take Will Johnson like you know he and Mikey can work well. You saw Mikey look bad because the outside CB sat in Mikey’s zone and didn’t drop and the we walked in when McMillin scored on the right seam play. This team is 6 weeks from having to sign a Gilmore to get through the year. But I respect the coaches trying to Develop the guys we have. Maybe they can by seasons end. But it’s so early like it’s so hard to know until week 8 what we have with all the turnover and this staff figuring out how to deploy this roster

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Hunter wouldn’t run both ways until he mastered DB for me week in and week out. Then I’d expand. Like otherwise that’s not what this teams building. Realistically you just take Will Johnson like you know he and Mikey can work well. You saw Mikey look bad because the outside CB sat in Mikey’s zone and didn’t drop and the we walked in when McMillin scored on the right seam play. This team is 6 weeks from having to sign a Gilmore to get through the year. But I respect the coaches trying to Develop the guys we have. Maybe they can by seasons end. But it’s so early like it’s so hard to know until week 8 what we have with all the turnover and this staff figuring out how to deploy this roster

I respect you my dude but its not hard to know that BSJ and Forbes can't play. If Forbes wasn't a first round pick he wouldn't be on this team right now and honestly I'd be shocked if he's still on the roster by the trade deadline. He's so bad you can't put him on the field. BSJ seems to be in the right place but constantly gives up a catch. I have hope for Sanristil but he looked pretty lost as well. 

16 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Will Campbell or Will Johnson if we’re that bad. Don’t want Hunter. I’ve had enough of small frame guys. If we’re not that bad Kelvin Banks or Emery Jones. 

Campbell is definitely my pick right now. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 8:45 AM, MikeT14 said:

Campbell is definitely my pick right now. 

For me it depends how Coleman develops. It also depends on free agency. We could sign a huge upgrade at CB, and we should. When we do that and if Coleman plays most of the year well at LT then it makes our 1st round pick more of a BPA but a few positions where we have a young and/or good players at already.

On 9/9/2024 at 6:36 AM, lavar703 said:

I respect you my dude but its not hard to know that BSJ and Forbes can't play. If Forbes wasn't a first round pick he wouldn't be on this team right now and honestly I'd be shocked if he's still on the roster by the trade deadline. He's so bad you can't put him on the field. BSJ seems to be in the right place but constantly gives up a catch. I have hope for Sanristil but he looked pretty lost as well. 

I don't see much hope for Forbes or BSJ either as much as starters go. It really sucks sucks with BSJ bc like you said he's usually there to be able to make a play but he rarely does and his technique in playing the ball is almost always awful. He's never looking back for the ball. I feel like he could have 3 to 5 ints a year if he would just turn around at the right time and look for the ball.

For me on this date, I see Forbes as a cut after the season unless we can trade him for a conditional late pick. 

For BSJ, I wouldn't mind re-signing him but he'd be a #4 CB for me. I'd definitely draft an outside CB who should be able to beat him out and sign a FA CB who's an upgrade over him.

You see what Kentucky is doing against Georgia?

Same system as Washington, btw. Zone reads, Read Option, etc.

Great Defense!

That's how you win, gentleman.

And smart coaching, too. Whoever it is...

That's how you beat a Superior opponent!

We play like this, we will win a lot of games.

Edited by aceinthehouse