Week One 9/8/24 game thread: vs Tennessee

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I thought he had adrenaline cranking.  He was nervous.  Understandable.  

Also when you can’t block the A gaps nothing works.  Nothing.  Your offense is dead on arrival.   Been there.

Thats a good white pill for all the doomers already talking about this being the same story as it has been.  I was obviously disappointed in CW's performance, but meatballs are already proving to me why we don't deserve a good QB.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Thats a good white pill for all the doomers already talking about this being the same story as it has been.  I was obviously disappointed in CW's performance, but meatballs are already proving to me why we don't deserve a good QB.  

It took Josh Allen 3 years to be good. And he is 2nd best QB in NFL IMO.  

Burrow threw 3 consecutive INTs to an awful Bears team in his 2nd season that got off to an awful start before going to SB.

Opening games are always tough.  It is a long, long wait to be disappointed.  At least we didn't lose to GB.

I really have one main concern with Williams individually and that is his height.  Many other QBs have made it work, but we are already seeing it in batted balls in practice and now in a game.

Imagine being Titans.

QB has had a lot more starts and isn't looking like the guy.  So unless he turns it around you have to figure out QB position in offseason.  Which is often a lot of capital.

All of your WRs are short term mercenaries and a bust 1st rounder.

Skronski didn't look that great.

Sweat is a stud.  But those super heavy guys once they get hurt for first time they tend to become injury prone thereafter due to massive weight.  

Spears has no ACL so his shelf life is short.  Pollard is probably short term.

I think their LT is probably a RT, but is probably their best young piece along with Sweat.

They have a lot of work to do past this season if Levis is not the guy.   They plugged a lot of holes with FA for this season and still lost to Bears with their offense playing as bad as it can play.

Good news is TN and Nashville area is one of few areas of country that has really boomed in recent years.  I have a lot of family members that live there now and know others.  Their roads aren't built for that much traffic though.  They are going to have to figure out something there.

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Did Booker get no snaps?

I think that is wrong even though others played well.  He might have played well too.

I think I saw he had 7 snaps. Taylor and even Walker getting consistently good push made that not really a factor in the game. It seemed like Levis was under duress basically the whole game, which was GREAT to see. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think I saw he had 7 snaps. Taylor and even Walker getting consistently good push made that not really a factor in the game. It seemed like Levis was under duress basically the whole game, which was GREAT to see. 

Oh good.  I don't remember seeing him.  I was watching game kind of fast though as I too was nervous.  I was skipping through commercials and downtime and sometimes missed some plays.

Edited by dll2000

Day 4000 of having no viable NFL center.

In fairness not many guys can block a fresh D. Sweat the guy is like 900 lbs and can move and Simmons is one of top DTs in league.

Sweat reminds me of a modern Fridge.  Fridge was awesome his whole rookie year.  Then weight became an issue for him. 

In fairness not many guys can block a fresh D. Sweat the guy is like 900 lbs and can move and Simmons is one of top DTs in league.

Sweat reminds me of a modern Fridge.  Fridge was awesome his whole rookie year.  Then weight became an issue for him. 

What about a 230lb linebacker?

14 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

It's one thing to admit Williams played terrible today which I did. It's another to already be comparing this offense to ones of the past specifically ones from 1930. It was his first start. Look at how bad Nix and Daniels looked today, too.

With all of that being said, I thought you were done?

Why can't I quit you?!

I'll never be fully done because I love this message board too much, but I can't say I have the same interest level when I was 10. 

• Like 1

Cannot confirm but I'm almost positive I just heard that Kmet, Swift, Moore, Allen and Odunze were all on the same field together for only 10 snaps. Not good. I know that much talent can be good to give others rest, but why not have them all on the field together more often? Unfortunately Waldron loves Everett