2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

If you're saying he was a 29, you're out of your mind. If you wanted to say he was in the 50s? Sure.

Stop hating dude.

29 might be an exaggeration, but to say he was anything other than bad is rooted in homerism.  He almost singlehandedly cost the Eagles the game on multiple occasions.  What's especially concerning from Hurts from the beginning of 2023 is the amount of turnover worthy plays he's making.  At the very least his 1st couple years in the league you could say he took pretty good care of the ball.  He's gotta be better.  They've surrounded him with all the talent he could ask for.

• Like 1

What worries me the most about Hurts is that both his interception can't be attributed to rust or change of scheme. There is no excuse and maybe even hope for a 5th year QB do be doing such stupid throws.

36 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Was rust and a few issues that can be fixed. We won. Moving on

That is not rust, those are fundamentally wrong decisions by him, back to back turn over worthy plays even when he got lucky the last one. That's a very convenient stand to take.

You learned nothing from last year? When every win was masking a bigger issue that ended up collapsing the whole team?

44 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hurts did not deserve that low of a grade imo. He sure had his issues but there was a lot of good also. Rust showed. Why can't we all just enjoy our franchise QB. We could be the Giants or worse 

Why can't we enjoy it? He's the one making stupid and costly mistakes. How is that on us that we should be enjoy that?

Edited by Broadway Joe

34 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Just shows you pff only tells you so little

Sam Darnold being on this list more or less shows you how much context matters.  Just because you're blitzed doesn't make it effective.  The offensive line played great.

18 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

29 might be an exaggeration, but to say he was anything other than bad is rooted in homerism.  He almost singlehandedly cost the Eagles the game on multiple occasions.  What's especially concerning from Hurts from the beginning of 2023 is the amount of turnover worthy plays he's making.  At the very least his 1st couple years in the league you could say he took pretty good care of the ball.  He's gotta be better.  They've surrounded him with all the talent he could ask for.

He was bad at times, but he also had good moments and made some good throws.

The two picks were inexcusable. The Fumbles were Jurgens. He made some other bad throws, but a lot of good throws as well.

14 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Sam Darnold being on this list more or less shows you how much context matters.  Just because you're blitzed doesn't make it effective.  The offensive line played great.

Sam Darnold always performs well early in the season. Also consider this is the best team Sam Darnold's ever been a part of.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

The two picks were inexcusable. The Fumbles were Jurgens. He made some other bad throws, but a lot of good throws as well.

The first one was definitely Jurgens, the second one, I don't think so. 

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Under no circumstances is the 2nd one on Jurgens.  It was undercenter and put the ball right in Hurts hands.  The 1st one is left up to interpretation because it's less clear who messed up the snap count.

Its been quite a contrast of Hurt's play from 2022 to now

2022: Makes good throws every now and then. Doesnt turn the ball over, and is great running with the football.

2024: Makes good throws every now and then. Turns the ball over a lot, and cant make a play running the football.

If Hurts just stops turning the ball over the Eagles will be one of the 3-4 best teams in the league. It really is that simple. He doesn't need to be superman with the offense we have. He just has to find guys who are open and let them do their work. If he keeps making bad decisions we will be in trouble and our ceiling will be capped. I personally don't care if people want to give him a pass or not. He played poorly and we won. Now he needs to play better and we will continue to win.

39 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If Hurts just stops turning the ball over the Eagles will be one of the 3-4 best teams in the league. It really is that simple. He doesn't need to be superman with the offense we have. He just has to find guys who are open and let them do their work. If he keeps making bad decisions we will be in trouble and our ceiling will be capped. I personally don't care if people want to give him a pass or not. He played poorly and we won. Now he needs to play better and we will continue to win.

Yeah based on what I saw from Moore and have seen from Moore in Dallas. If Jalen can just be the conductor the eagles will challenge for #1 offense.

Jalen literally just has to take care of the football. 

I do think with more time in the offense that’ll come

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

I thought there was a clear improvement vs the blitz from last year

his issue was more when he tried to do more than just run the offense

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

What worries me the most about Hurts is that both his interception can't be attributed to rust or change of scheme. There is no excuse and maybe even hope for a 5th year QB do be doing such stupid throws.

That is not rust, those are fundamentally wrong decisions by him, back to back turn over worthy plays even when he got lucky the last one. That's a very convenient stand to take.

You learned nothing from last year? When every win was masking a bigger issue that ended up collapsing the whole team?

Why can't we enjoy it? He's the one making stupid and costly mistakes. How is that on us that we should be enjoy that?

Jalen did not play well

but mahomes and Allen make bad passes like this multiple times a year. 

I’m willing to entertain a lot of criticism about Jalen. But the only thing that bugs me is when it feels like the narrative is we have this terrible QB and 15 other teams have great QBs

The bengals just lost to the patriots

the bills almost lost to the cardinals

at some point we should recognize a difference between flawed and terrible

jalen is flawed. His competency as a runner is an important thing to keep an eye on. His taking care of the football is right up there as well.

but I watched almost every game on Sunday. Let me tell you. QB play across the nfl is a flawed endeavor 

eagles fans don’t realize how lucky they are compared to like 80-90% of the nfl.

stroud made some pretty bad plays and he’s better than jalen. He threw a brutal INT in the red zone.

love was noticeably worse than Jalen imo. At minimum on par.

this is a league wide thing. I just think fans hyper focus on their guy being the worst when in reality they’re all flawed outside of probably mahomes 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Jalen did not play well

but mahomes and Allen make bad passes like this multiple times a year. 

I’m willing to entertain a lot of criticism about Jalen. But the only thing that bugs me is when it feels like the narrative is we have this terrible QB and 15 other teams have great QBs

The bengals just lost to the patriots

the bills almost lost to the cardinals

at some point we should recognize a difference between flawed and terrible

jalen is flawed. His competency as a runner is an important thing to keep an eye on. His taking care of the football is right up there as well.

but I watched almost every game on Sunday. Let me tell you. QB play across the nfl is a flawed endeavor 

eagles fans don’t realize how lucky they are compared to like 80-90% of the nfl.

stroud made some pretty bad plays and he’s better than jalen. He threw a brutal INT in the red zone.

love was noticeably worse than Jalen imo. At minimum on par.

this is a league wide thing. I just think fans hyper focus on their guy being the worst when in reality they’re all flawed outside of probably mahomes 

I'm no Hurts hater nor homer, but at this point, this is very worrisome with Hurts, he doesn't have the arm talent to make up for the gunslingers you mentioned, it might be one of his biggest "flaws", his limited arm talent.

He is trending in a very bad direction, no question about that, but 80-90% of the league or not, if he continues that trend and his wheels are indeed gone, he'd be a very poor investment at his price.

And more importantly, if Hurts were to flame out like so many Eagles players including QB, the attention will need to be focused elsewhere as the cause of why is talent development such a big problem with this team? 

Hurts was not good on Friday had better figure it out and stop making horrible decisions. He probably should have thrown 4 interceptions. The INT in the 1st quarter looked like a bad high school QB was throwing it. He lobbed it in the middle of the field with 3 defenders in the area and McKinney made the easy play to pick it off. That's an embarrassing pick for a franchise QB. The second pick in the end zone prevented the Eagles going up at least 8 with a field goal. He tried to throw it to a defender at least 2 more times besides the interceptions. The fake bubble screen where he narrowly avoided a pick six and the short pass to Brown where Brown had to play DB just to stop another INT. The center/QB exchange had better be fixed quickly. First fumble likely was not his fault and possibly the second. Still, he needs to get on the same page with Jurgens and that second fumble he definitely was at least somewhat if not completely his fault. On top of all of that, he made the wrong read on multiple read options which cost them converting on short yardage situations. I was not impressed at all with his performance and he looks like the biggest obstacle to this team reaching their potential.