2024-25 College Prospect Watch

615finest

7 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Why doesn't the same principle apply for tackle or any other position of need? If you pass on a QB, which is undoubtedly the most important position in all of football, with a top 10 pick, why do you have to get a RT, if the board doesn't point to that yet? Reaching, especially with a top pick in the 1st round, is simply inexcusable. 

I didn't say anything about reaching for a tackle. There are probably at least 3 tackles that are going to go in the top 15 in this draft class. If we're anywhere in that range, we wouldn't be reaching to take the top tackle on our board if the QB we want isn't there. I said if all the QBs are taken, or we're simply not sold on any of them I don't see how you pass on a tackle with how our RT spot looks and the impending free agents in next year's class (spoiler alert there aren't any premier RTs). I've said several times if Levis continues to suck, QB is obviously the #1 priority. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I didn't say anything about reaching for a tackle. There are probably at least 3 tackles that are going to go in the top 15 in this draft class. If we're anywhere in that range, we wouldn't be reaching to take the top tackle on our board if the QB we want isn't there. I said if all the QBs are taken, or we're simply not sold on any of them I don't see how you pass on a tackle with how our RT spot looks and the impending free agents in next year's class (spoiler alert there aren't any premier RTs). I've said several times if Levis continues to suck, QB is obviously the #1 priority. 

Yeah, if there aren’t any good tackles at all, which seems extremely unlikely, and you absolutely can’t trade down, which also seems unlikely, then taking the best player that fits is what you do.

But it also seems kinda pointless talking about “well then what do we do in the situation where you effectively have one choice?” Tackle is still one of the biggest needs on the team, and it’s past time that it’s prioritized.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Tackle is still one of the biggest needs on the team, and it’s past time that it’s prioritized.

we've been giving it an insane amount of priority lol. every draft of ours since 2020 has featured an OT selected in the top 3 rounds. we've just been one of the most horrific drafting teams in football.

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we've been giving it an insane amount of priority lol. every draft of ours since 2020 has featured an OT selected in the top 3 rounds. we've just been one of the most horrific drafting teams in football.

*prioritized competently

9 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Having do to a certain thing is how you end up reaching. We're months away (that also include going through a FA) from having a realistic understanding of what the board would look like, let alone knowing how it will play out by the time we pick. And yet we are, again, taking entire positions off the board completely. In September.

Not that it should mean that much, but for what it's worth, PFF has currently only one T in their top 20 prospects of 2025.

Watched the Michigan-Texas OL tape twice, and I looove both Texas' left tackle and left guard as fits for this OL.

Banks is great, a little short, but solid in every aspect of play.  Hand usage is the biggest weakness I see, and nothing is elite, but he looks like a first round player, so long as he doesn't show up small (he's listed at 6'4").  Put him on the right side, and even though he's not a mauler, I think he'd be a plug and play success.  Definitely the best in this class that I've watched so far, and I've watched all the early season top guys.

Connor Hayden, their left guard, was a stone wall against Mason Graham.  Even had an answer to some of his pass rush moves.  If we went QB in the first, and went the guard route in the second round, he'd be a fantastic one to throw in either to replace Skor, or plug in on the right side.  That said, he might go in the first.

Jake Majors is really good too, but I don't know if we'll be investing in any centers, unless we think they can play elsewhere.

Allar and Ward are 1A and B for me, depending on the day, and it'll be a tough battle convincing me otherwise. I love Allar's arm in every way there is, and there's something about Ward being so poised and calm and just balling that is so beautiful to watch.

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Maybe not the best game to watch Cam for the first time. 

I can see what gets people excited.

Really talented.

But 3 turnover game isn't fun to watch. 

I didn't see him last night. What I saw of his highlights though, at least those first couple games, dude looks very calm and composed under pressure. 

Maybe a little too calm. lmao

14 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I didn't see him last night. What I saw of his highlights though, at least those first couple games, dude looks very calm and composed under pressure. 

Maybe a little too calm. lmao

Yeah he was so calm. Almost like he didn't give AF lol. Especially on hand-offs. 🤣

But two INTs and a fumble led to 21 points. And as we know can't do that in NFL. 

But he had some really impressive drives. Some beautiful throws. 

Visually I'd like to see a little more urgency to his internal game clock, but he had some impressive scramble throws. Not video game like Caleb Williams. But legit NFL scrambles that could translate.