Week 1 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Chicago Bears

Mesa_Titan

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

not trying to get into semantics, but I would consider Levis to be just as much of a disaster today as Tanny was vs NO

you really can't get worse than today's performance.

Sure! The difference to me is Levis is still a "rookie" in experience. That's the main thing to me.

If we hit week 8 and he's had another one or two of these, along with being unimpressive in other games, then it's fair to want to dump him.

Don't mistake my positivity as some sort of blind faith lol. He's still gotta prove himself. 

Edited by Kookie23

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

not trying to get into semantics, but I would consider Levis to be just as much of a disaster today as Tanny was vs NO

you really can't get worse than today's performance.

Saints game Tanny was worst than Bengals playoff game. It was terrible. 

But it's one of those things where you can make the case for either depending on what point you trying to make. 

Tanny was a vet playing that poorly while Levis is in his 10th game. So for me the scale tips to Tanny being the bigger disaster. 

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don't hate Levis at all..quite the contrary. I'm as all in as anyone here.

But cmon...he looked awful today. He looked overwhelmed, confused and like he lacked control of the LOS. I'm sure the tape will be either not-as-bad or even-worse, but it doesn't really matter to me. He looked like a guy not only playing in an offensive system for the first time, but in the NFL for the first time. His whole internal clock seemed to be several ticks off.

Oh not saying you hate him. I'm just saying if anyone does. His play today was nothing but a I told ya so moment. 

1 minute ago, renndawg37 said:

One positive note, McCreary was a beast today. 3 tackles for a loss and some solid coverage. 

Defense should be able to ride in a private jet, with all you can eat and massages back to Nashville. 

Got lucky with Caleb being off on throws on a couple plays but they were dogs today. 

• Like 2

Just now, KingTitan said:

Defense should be able to ride in a private jet, with all you can eat and massages back to Nashville. 

Got lucky with Caleb being off on throws on a couple plays but they were dogs today. 

It was so nice not seeing corners playing 15 yards off on 3rd and 10.

so so nice

• Like 1

His footwork was terrible, his accuracy was bad, he looked panicked in the pocket, he had two brutal misses that should have been touchdowns and arguably one of the worst pick sixes in NFL history. I would say he made two truly good throws in the entire game. 

The OL wasn’t good, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as it’s been. He has receivers. He had a running game. He was just awful. I wasn’t impressed by Cally, but also, he was calling the game based on our defense being dominant and our QB struggling. As long as Levis and ST don’t collapse, we’re just coasting to a win based on the Bears complete inability to sustain a drive.

I say this while wearing an Oilers Levis jersey. I desperately want him to be the guy. But we lost because he was miserable. I’m pretty convinced that we win with Malik today.

• Like 2

I really think Cally called the game as if the defense was dominating and 17 points was enough to win(which I don't love) and it really should have been. I prefer to try and have the defense on their heels vs allowing them to gain momentum.

I certainly haven't given up on Levis, but making those falling down back handed passes is something that is so instinctual I think it will be hard to eliminate. 

I totally agree with someone who said you have to allow Levis to sling it if nothing else that to see if he can do it...because in the NFL you have to be able to be a difference maker with your arm or legs...ideally both but if you can't be elite at one or the other you will not survive at QB. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Ruined a well thought out post with valid points and just flushed it down the drain with this statement. 😁

My main thought being that instead of the pick six we known damn well Malik just takes the sack lol. Though then we have to punt so it probably all falls apart anyways.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

My main thought being that instead of the pick six we known damn well Malik just takes the sack lol. Though then we have to punt so it probably all falls apart anyways.

Willis vs Levis is gonna be a classic. 

38 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

His footwork was terrible, his accuracy was bad, he looked panicked in the pocket, he had two brutal misses that should have been touchdowns and arguably one of the worst pick sixes in NFL history. I would say he made two truly good throws in the entire game. 

The OL wasn’t good, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as it’s been. He has receivers. He had a running game. He was just awful. I wasn’t impressed by Cally, but also, he was calling the game based on our defense being dominant and our QB struggling. As long as Levis and ST don’t collapse, we’re just coasting to a win based on the Bears complete inability to sustain a drive.

I say this while wearing an Oilers Levis jersey. I desperately want him to be the guy. But we lost because he was miserable. I’m pretty convinced that we win with Malik today.

yeah, any reasonable eye test tells you what we watched today was genuinely terrible QB play. this was his worst game as a titan by a considerable margin. it wasn’t just the turnovers- even in the first half he didn’t really do anything, he just avoided screwing it up. he had that one nice ball to ridley to convert a third and long and the rest was short stuff. the touchdown to chig was a yolo ball that chig made him look good on. i came in expecting roughly the levis we saw last year- volatile, but relatively in control and able to push the ball downfield. we got an absolute mess instead, in every respect.

we can say it’s a long season, and that’s true, but the problem is this isn’t a “he’s gotta fix some stuff moving forward” situation, it’s a “he has to look like a completely different player” situation. and maybe he can, maybe this was an aberration. but it feels a hell of a lot less likely than it would after a game where he at least showed something positive.

Edited by -Hope-

Random thought. 

I think people are influenced more than they want to admit by announcers. 

Radunz our best OL? 

I do value their input at times. But sometimes some listen to them and allow them to form their opinions, without knowledge of what is being coached to do. 

I always get annoyed with when they assume someone saw something and made an appropriate play. Lol 

"The QB saw the way the DB was standing and knew he had the go route!" 

When in real life, the QB just said I'm gonna throw it up to my favorite WR. Lol