GB vs PHI : Post Game Recap

GHARMON9

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

So realistically what kind of out do we have with Loves contract?  If this becomes a Bahktiari type injury it's gonna set the franchise back atleast 5 years.

AgendaKing never misses an opportunity! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I didn't watch the game last night for several reasons. One, I refuse to be bullied by the NFL to buy a subscription I don't want. Two, I was sure the Packers were going to lose. MLF won't play his starters in the preseason, so this was essentially the first preseason game for the youngest team in the league against a really good Philly team. It went as expected. Preseason game number 2 coming up. 

Note: I went to bed thinking the Pack would lose and with a premonition that there would be a significant injury. I woke up and....sheet. 

Packers are 3-3 under MLF just as an FYI

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Right. I'm guessing MCL and/or high ankle. Likely 2-5 weeks depending on severity. We have to hope it's closer to 2. Either way, we have a find a way to win a game or two while he's out. Not sure Willis can do that. We'll see. 

He's not walking with barely a limp if it's a high ankle sprain. He's hobbling out on crutches. 

50 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I guess I don't like being bullied into paying extra to stream games.  It isn't the money but the principle for me.

It definitely does feel like the league is trying to go into PPV mode with some of these streaming service exclusive games.  Thank God it's not us playing in those two Christmas games on Netflix but that one baffles me the most as that streaming service has never been a sports watching service until now apparently.

What's bad about it is when you have to add a Peacock, or Amazon Prime Video or Netflix on top of being an NFL+ or Sunday Ticket subscriber.  I think the league just needs to be forced by Congress to give Sunday Ticket and NFL+ access to all these Peacock etc games on the Sunday Ticket and NFL+ platforms and voila .... Problem solved the games are consolidated.

I saw a video online of a doctor going over the video of Jordan Love.  He thought because of the knee pop their was a high probability of a grade 3 MCL tear (complete) and a high likelihood of damage to a ligament related to a high ankle sprain that may require surgery.  He thought that because of the type of pop he saw on video he gave a lower probability to an ACL tear.  Either way, if the MCL is completely torn your looking at a minimum 6 weeks and probably 8 weeks.

21 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

AgendaKing never misses an opportunity! 

It's a question that needs to be asked. Guy just shredded his knee up and more than likely won't play for the rest of the season. There is a real possibility he never comes back the same.

Edited by StatKing

2 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I saw a video online of a doctor going over the video of Jordan Love.  He thought because of the knee pop their was a high probability of a grade 3 MCL tear (complete) and a high likelihood of damage to a ligament related to a high ankle sprain that may require surgery.  He thought that because of the type of pop he saw on video he gave a lower probability to an ACL tear.  Either way, if the MCL is completely torn your looking at a minimum 6 weeks and probably 8 weeks.

If it's six to eight weeks, you have to go get Tannehill. We would go 0-6 or 0-8 in those games with the two bozos we have. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Just put him on ignore. 

I know you're on the verge of tears right now and in full blown denial but I haven't even said anything bad about him yet. If I really wanted to be harsh I would just talk about his performance last night.

If it's short term, I think they go with Clifford.  Long term I think they go with Tannehill or trade for someone like Russell Wilson.   You still need to develop players this year, this team is very young.  The Packers will never endorse tanking but getting the top pick for the draft in Green Bay would be intriguing.

Lets hope that Russini is right about the ankle part of the injury.  I'm hoping that its not anymore serious than a Grade 2 vs a Grade 3 MCL tear (non-surgical) that can heal in 4-6 weeks.  Either way, it looks like its get the back up QB ready to play.

I'm hoping to see more of Cooper in the game too....he looked like an impactful player in the few plays he had last night.  The Eagles have a very good offensive line and a very solid defensive line.  So I'm hopeful we can watch the tape, correct the mistakes and get better next week. 

Lets hope that Russini is right about the ankle part of the injury.  I'm hoping that its not anymore serious than a Grade 2 vs a Grade 3 MCL tear (non-surgical) that can heal in 4-6 weeks.  Either way, it looks like its get the back up QB ready to play.

I'm hoping to see more of Cooper in the game too....he looked like an impactful player in the few plays he had last night.  The Eagles have a very good offensive line and a very solid defensive line.  So I'm hopeful we can watch the tape, correct the mistakes and get better next week.