Week Two 9/15/24 game thread: vs Houston

beardown3231

7 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Good luck tonight fellas! Hoping for an injury free game! I know yalls defense is staunch, but I don’t think this one’s going to be close! 

Na, I think you guys will keep it close. You won't win, but you will keep it close 👍🏻

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Went back and watched Caleb's snaps against the Titans today and it is clear the game was moving really fast for him...he was pressing and that sped up his whole operation...especially his footwork which is what led to the accuracy issues...the good news is rookie QBs who speed things up are usually in a way better position to then slow things down with experience rather than a rookie QB who is too slow in their operation and don't see the picture who usually can't then speed up to play at a high level in this league...Caleb saw where he should be going with the ball and didn't make any big mistakes...all he needs to do is trust the protection a little more and play at his normal tempo and he will be fine long term...tonight is the sort of game where the pressure is off a little...I am not sure many expect a win against a good Houston team...just needs to go out there and play his own game...the results will come.

I think being his first real game in the NFL, being home field in front of 60,000 rabid Chicago fans, and being "EXPECTED" to win vs the Titans all kind of got to him a bit. And that's before the interior pressure setting the tone.

I feel like there's way less pressure having a second game, on the road, and vs a team we're not really expected to win should make this a much more relaxed showing.