2025 NFL Draft Prospect Talk

broncosfan_101

The first round of this draft is seeming like it'll be heavy on the defensive talent than offensive. Assuming we play our way out of the top 10 i'll be curious what direction we end up going. We desperately need skill position talent and obviously we'll see how the draft shapes up in like 9 months, but right now I dont know that the draft and our needs will line up quite right. I don't care for the top WRs this year, TE and Running Back are poor first round value despite how incredible Jeanty is and our biggest need on the offensive line (center) is another poor value in the first round. I don't know much about the tackle class but it also doesn't seem to be incredibly top heavy (although maybe deep?). 

Edited by grizmo78

4 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

The first round of this draft is seeming like it'll be heavy on the defensive talent than offensive. Assuming we play our way out of the top 10 i'll be curious what direction we end up going. We desperately need skill position talent and obviously we'll see how the draft shapes up in like 9 months, but right now I dont know that the draft and our needs will line up quite right. I don't care for the top WRs this year, TE and Running Back are poor first round value despite how incredible Jeanty is and our biggest need on the offensive line (center) is another poor value in the first round. I don't know much about the tackle class but it also doesn't seem to be incredibly top heavy (although maybe deep?). 

I haven’t seen any top tier separation skill so far. From any WR’s. Tet wins with physical gifts and that’s fine, because that’s elite elite stuff. But everyone else is so meh. Burden and Isaiah Bond look like gimmick guys who need space manufactured for them with bubble screens, jet sweeps, etc. Elic Ayomanor is incredibly strong, but doesn’t separate. Emeka Egbuka has some skills, but the physical talent is average.

My kingdom to have a chance at a Malik Nabers type. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I haven’t seen any top tier separation skill so far. From any WR’s. Tet wins with physical gifts and that’s fine, because that’s elite elite stuff. But everyone else is so meh. Burden and Isaiah Bond look like gimmick guys who need space manufactured for them with bubble screens, jet sweeps, etc. Elic Ayomanor is incredibly strong, but doesn’t separate. Emeka Egbuka has some skills, but the physical talent is average.

My kingdom to have a chance at a Malik Nabers type. 

That's exactly the way I see it. 

On 10/16/2024 at 6:25 PM, grizmo78 said:

For the most part, I agree that RB/TE/ILB/S are tough to spend top 20 picks on. The exceptions for me would be, ‘am I getting a top 3-5 player in the NFL at their position?’ Because those guys can be ratio busters. George Kittle and Travis Kelce barely make top 30 WR money (they’re in the Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, Christian Kirk tier of AAV). Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James wouldn’t be in the top 10 of CB’s. Only the very very best RB’s or ILB’s make $10M+ annually, and basically all of those guys are players you’d love to pay $10M+.

These can be very risky selections to make, because even 70th-percentile outcomes in their production will completely ruin your projected surplus value in the pick. A 70th-percentile RB or TE is a dime-a-dozen guy, whereas a 70th-percentile WR or OT is still a league average starter who is worth significant money. But I’d spend a pick in the teens for Alvin Kamara’s first 5 seasons every single day. 

Yeah I'm not super keen on some of the mid R1 WRs if I'm being completely honest. One (homer) pick I would love to see is Maryland WR Tai Felton. He has been an absolute star this year as the primary guy in this offense and as a likely mid-round pick, I could see him being impactful relatively early.

I have to believe Sean Payton is going to drool over a guy like Tyler Warren with his skillset. We don't have a TE or a matchup weapon to speak of. Could see this being a 3rd round pick.

• Like 2

One guy I keep hearing about is DT out of Oregon, Derrick Harmon. He's a 6'5" 310lbs NT who seems to just make plays. Starting to see him in mocks as high as a 2nd rounder, anyone Duck fans know about this guy ? We likely will need a guy to replace DJ Jones, sounds like he could be a good prospect.

Edited by Cutler06

17 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

One guy I keep hearing about is DT out of Oregon, Derrick Harmon. He's a 6'5" 310lbs NT who seems to just make plays. Starting to see him in mocks as high as a 2nd rounder, anyone Duck fans know about this guy ? We likely will need a guy to replace DJ Jones, sounds like he could be a good prospect.

Would run to the podium for this guy in R2. He's a specimen. I think he'll end up being a late R1 pick personally. He played at MSU for a few years and was solid, but had occasional tendency to get washed out of plays. He's corrected some of that at Oregon. Very much on board with a pick like this. 

• Like 1

I know this is meant for the draft, but looking at the FA candidates at WR, I wouldn't mind taking a swing at Diontae Johnson if we don't go after Higgins or Godwin. Conversely, I wonder whether Jacksonville, with the emergence of Brian Thomas would consider trading someone like Christian Kirk. I cannot imagine a world where we don't add a weapon to this offense.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

With both Josey Jewell and Lloyd Cushenberry starting for their new teams, any chance we could get compensation picks this year ?

Nope. We added more players that are part of the Compensatory Free Agent pool (Jones, Reynolds, Roach, Barton) than we lost (Jewell, Cushenberry).

Irrespective of how the signed contracts compare, if you add more players that are part of the CFA formula than you lost, you get nothing.

• Like 1