When does Chris Morgan see accountability?

AZBearsFan

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think for me it is already serious...we can't block anyone and teams are just going to send blitz after blitz until we an figure it out...Amegadjie played guard early in his career at Yale and while he does have a tackle frame given his 36" arms he is nothing like a TE...dude is 323lbs...his size and length reminds me of the Cowboys playing Tyler Smith inside at LG before then moving him to LT this offseason...not saying he is going to be that good a player but right now things can't get much worse...we have to try something.

I highly doubt Amegadjie is ready to play NFL football.  He needs a healthy offseason and even then he will probably struggle for a year. 

1 hour ago, soulman said:

I have to admit I have my own questions about this yet CMo is one of the best OL coaches in the NFL.

Has anyone outside of Chicago actually said this? Our OL has been subpar since he’s been here, and in his only prior experience as the head OL coach (ATL 2015-20) he always had at least 2 players who were either 1st round players or top of market FA signees. I don’t give him a ton of credit for developing 1st round picks - those guys are supposed to be good. The top OL coaches IMO are the ones who consistently get production out of the non-top tier talent. Outside of Braxton Jones (who has been good only relative to expectations thus far - at best he’s been an adequate LT and that’s only been some of the time), where has that happened? Wright has been mostly solid (despite being abused Sunday night) but he’s a top 10 pick. Jenkins has been solid but he’s also a 1st round talent who slid to round 2 due to health concerns. The rest has been abysmal. 

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I highly doubt Amegadjie is ready to play NFL football.  He needs a healthy offseason and even then he will probably struggle for a year. 

Its not like hes switching from playing Cricket...

The guy is still 6'5" and 320lbs, he isnt undersized. He still know football some, it may not be great, but with what we are running out there right now, can he really be worse?

And if they really thought he couldnt contribute at all this year, they had the option to leave him on the NFI list and not waste a roster spot

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The guy is still 6'5" and 320lbs, he isnt undersized. He still know football some, it may not be great, but with what we are running out there right now, can he really be worse?

And if they really thought he couldnt contribute at all this year, they had the option to leave him on the NFI list and not waste a roster spot

We need POWER at the IOL.  Anything that can get that is a good try.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

We need POWER at the IOL.  Anything that can get that is a good try.

Thats not what the system is, you cant just say "Power is the answer" when that flies in the face of what they are (supposedly) trying to do

19 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

I think we should have hired Harbaugh.... he would know exactly WTF is wrong with the OL. 

Two things...

Was he somehow magically bringing Rashawn Slater and Joe Alt with him?

And more importantly; HE WASNT COMING HERE

Everyone wants to do the dumb "it took them two weeks to decide to keep Eberflus, that means he isnt good enough and we should have fired him"... Thats not what was going on, they were seeing if Harbaugh wanted anything to do with this, and from what Ive heard it was a pretty unequivocal No Thanks. Was that beased on he doesnt want to put up with the Bears ownership and Front office? Or was it because he already knew he had the Chargers in his back pocket? I think it was both, but either are pretty good reasons if Im Harbaugh. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2024 at 5:08 PM, Madmike90 said:

I wonder what their long term plan for Amegadjie is...

Is he here to challenge Jones for LT?

Is he here to replace Teven at LG if we don't want to pay him at LG?

We took him #75 overall so we clearly have high hopes for him to be able to play a role...part of me thinks put him in at LG...move Jenkins to RG and hope being a little bigger and longer around Shelton might help him a bit.

I think his body type is more of a tackle (ridiculously long arms as well). I think he's a hedge to Braxton Jones, likely a swing OT with ability to play guard if we're in a rough spot.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Well, that criteria has been met

It's early still, I'm willing to give these asshats until the end of week 6. If it's still terrible then they need to reboot during the bye week in week 7.

I think at minimum you have to put Bates in at C if Shelton keeps getting dumped in Caleb's lap.

On 9/17/2024 at 9:08 AM, StLunatic88 said:

Maybe.  But you have no evidence for it or against it.  It is just throw spaghetti at wall from fan perspective.  

We aren't in practice.  We have to presume these coaches are testing guys out in drills or something and can see what they can or can't do at moment.  If a dude was whooping some tail M-W he would presumably get some game reps at some point on Sun. 

But who knows what NFL teams do in practice once season starts.  Maybe only chosen starters get run and everyone else watches so you don't know what you have on sidelines past training camp. 

We aren't there.  

25 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe.  But you have no evidence for it or against it.  It is just throw spaghetti at wall from fan perspective.  

We aren't in practice.  We have to presume these coaches are testing guys out in drills or something and can see what they can or can't do at moment.  If a dude was whooping some tail M-W he would presumably get some game reps at some point on Sun. 

But who knows what NFL teams do in practice once season starts.  Maybe only chosen starters get run and everyone else watches so you don't know what you have on sidelines past training camp. 

We aren't there.  

Except the fact he was on the NFI list and they took him off

If he was COMPLETELY LOST and getting run through or couldnt tell up from down because it was such a crazy change, they could have left him on the NFI list and not taking up a roster spot. They clearly think he is worth rostering right now, that says enough to me that he isnt a complete stash project (as is picking him in the 3rd and not the 6th)

He doesnt have to be "whooping" guys to show that he can hold up against this level of talent at least a little. Those are opposite ends of the spectrum, and we dont always have to be so binary with these guys and what they can do.

Now maybe he isnt really able to play Guard (Id disagree, he has the makeup that says he could line up there, although it shouldnt be his best position) but maybe thats why he wont see the field, maybe hes OT only, and right now those two are playing well enough that a raw rookie project isnt needed unless there is an injury, and they just expect him to be the Swing Tackle

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Except the fact he was on the NFI list and they took him off

If he was COMPLETELY LOST and getting run through or couldnt tell up from down because it was such a crazy change, they could have left him on the NFI list and not taking up a roster spot. They clearly think he is worth rostering right now, that says enough to me that he isnt a complete stash project (as is picking him in the 3rd and not the 6th)

He doesnt have to be "whooping" guys to show that he can hold up against this level of talent at least a little. Those are opposite ends of the spectrum, and we dont always have to be so binary with these guys and what they can do.

Now maybe he isnt really able to play Guard (Id disagree, he has the makeup that says he could line up there, although it shouldnt be his best position) but maybe thats why he wont see the field, maybe hes OT only, and right now those two are playing well enough that a raw rookie project isnt needed unless there is an injury, and they just expect him to be the Swing Tackle

I am not being binary.  My point is there is no way to know as a fan if a guy can play if he isn't getting game reps we can see if you aren't in practice.

You are just guessing.  Even seeing preseason reps is just a drop in bucket to what a coach gets to see.  There is no fair way for us to evaluate who should be starting.  We an only speculate off limited data.  

Not saying coaches can't be wrong about a guy.  They often are.