Week 3 GDT: Texans (-3) @ Vikings

lumberjackchris

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Not gonna lie, going into the season I thought this would be an easy win.  I was under the assumption McCarthy would be thrown into the fire and start for you all out the gate.

That was always a false narrative put out by the media.  Personally, most of us thought there was never a chance that McCarthy was going to be starting out of the gate. 

I do understand the thought of needing to be taken seriously.  That may be true...from the Vikings perspective though, unlike VD, I'm not sure the Vikings are ever going to be taken seriously.  Yes, they beat the 49ers, but I still don't think people are really taking them seriously...and even if they do win here, that won't change.  And ultimately, I don't think whoever wins it's going to really have an effect in that matter, because really no one is going to take either of them seriously.  The Texans, however, have a better shot of that happening because they will likely win their division, which is less of a meat grinder than the NFC North is.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That was always a false narrative put out by the media.  Personally, most of us thought there was never a chance that McCarthy was going to be starting out of the gate. 

I do understand the thought of needing to be taken seriously.  That may be true...from the Vikings perspective though, unlike VD, I'm not sure the Vikings are ever going to be taken seriously.  Yes, they beat the 49ers, but I still don't think people are really taking them seriously...and even if they do win here, that won't change.  And ultimately, I don't think whoever wins it's going to really have an effect in that matter, because really no one is going to take either of them seriously.  The Texans, however, have a better shot of that happening because they will likely win their division, which is less of a meat grinder than the NFC North is.

How good are the 9ers right now though considering all their injuries? Still a good win, but have to take it with a grain of salt. The Texans Defense is showing elite tendencies. Their offense, we know can be elite (still haven't shown it this season) 

On 9/20/2024 at 1:49 PM, lumberjackchris said:

Those are 3 good players out for the Vikes [Addison, Pace, Dallas Turner]

HOU's injuries look impactful too, no?

Addison - we have WR's #3 and 4 who need to step up anyway, so today's their day.
Pace - leaves us thin at LB, yes. but HOU will be passing all day and Pace isn't the best at coverage.
Turner - hasn't had a huge impact so far in the first two games, getting one sack.

the Vikiings this year are very much built on a next man up philosophy, so we'll see today how much depth there is to that...