Bears at Colts 9/22 Noon Game On CBS

26 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

We should have won this game. 3 Turnovers by Caleb and some awful play calling in the first half by Waldron is what did us in. This loss is on those two pretty squarely. 

The offense started to look like it should in the last 20 minutes of the game. Why it’s taking that long (similar to the end of the Titans game) is something Waldron has to answer for and fix asap. It’s also shocking that we threw the ball 50+. Too much was made about what the Colts Run D  it wasn’t as bad as 230 y/g, but we didn’t take advantage at all till thr 4th

The only other thing other than the Picks that I’d say Caleb needs to work on is running a bit. When they are doing great in coverage, that means there is plenty of space. Take the 3-4-5 yard runs. It will break everything open. And wanting to hang in the pocket that long just isn’t realistic for anyone. Not even Mahomes or prime Rodgers did it. 

The D played great outside of one or two blown coverages. You can’t expect them to completely stifle JT and that OL the entire game, you just need the offense to do something so they can’t get rolling like that for the last 25 minutes

We are so close, and if Caleb keeps improving at this pace, teams are going to be very scared of us come November, but of course the outsized and borderline delusional expectations of this fan base have so many too close to the forest to see the trees and already throwing in the towel because “this franchise, ugh”

You guys hold on and don’t let the demons of the past/the Debbie Downers of forever get to you, you’ll be loving this team come Winter

Yeah we'll love them later in the year when they have a stretch of the following to end the season:

GB

MIN

@ DET

@ SF

@ MIN

DET

SEA

@ GB

It's going to f***ing rule

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

We are so close, and if Caleb keeps improving at this pace, teams are going to be very scared of us come November, but of course the outsized and borderline delusional expectations of this fan base have so many too close to the forest to see the trees and already throwing in the towel because “this franchise, ugh”

You guys hold on and don’t let the demons of the past/the Debbie Downers of forever get to you, you’ll be loving this team come Winter

Agreed. Typical overreaction is par for the course with this fan base.

I get people have standards but expectations should also be tempered.

A CJ Stroud type rookie season is more of the exception rather than the norm. Anyone who was expecting Caleb to come out throwing hot fire out the gate was not being rational

I too am frustrated by the offensive line, running game and play calling so far but there are a lot of new pieces here so patience is key.

The coaching staff (Flus) even stressed prior to the season  for ppl to be patient with Caleb and the offense. Can't throw in the towel this early into the season. 1-2 not terrible.  Just look at Baltimore and Cincy both 0-2. It's a long season

• Like 3

Stop with the f***ing screens to WR's. They don't work and haven't for a decade. No matter the QB or coach, this franchise sucks at them. Every other team gets 5+ yards. The Bears always have a guy unblocked. Enough you inept bastards

Caleb's deep ball accuracy still blows. He didn't have this issue at USC. He also needs to stop dropping back and resting his feet. Keep them moving. Don't just stand there and especially don't throw across your body to the far boundary. While we're at it, stop throwing into 3 guys. It's ok to take off with the ball for 5 yards here and there too

Waldron picks the worst time to have a TE block the opposition's best pass rusher 1 on 1

HITS can kiss my a**. Stop being unprepared to start every year. When you're down 11 inside the 10, be ready with a 2 point play. Stop wasting challenges. Figure it out, jerkoff

Swift sucks balls. Everett does nothing

Santos being unable to kick past 55 is a detriment

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed. Typical overreaction is par for the course with this fan base.

I get people have standards but expectations should also be tempered.

A CJ Stroud type rookie season is more of the exception rather than the norm. Anyone who was expecting Caleb to come out throwing hot fire out the gate was not being rational

I too am frustrated by the offensive line, running game and play calling so far but there are a lot of new pieces here so patience is key.

The coaching staff (Flus) even stressed prior to the season  for ppl to be patient with Caleb and the offense. Can't throw in the towel this early into the season. 1-2 not terrible.  Just look at Baltimore and Cincy both 0-2. It's a long season

They really should be 0-3. This was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule. It's not all about Caleb. They won 7 games last year with- allegedly- a worse QB, RB, TE group, WR group, C, and FS. If they won 8 games I'd be excited. I'm having a tough time seeing 8+ wins

Allow me a doom and gloom post, even though I know some of the perpetual optimists will likely tell me I'm crazy.  I see the same things happening now that have happened the last two regimes.  Eberflus coached just well enough last year to keep himself around, they get a new QB, but offensively are still abysmal, and I think the same thing is going to happen if they don't turn it around.  I thought eberflus was safe but am no longer sure.  I also think that the odds will be stacked against Caleb if he gets put in the same situation that Trubisky and Fields got stuck in.  Why is being a Bears fan so tiring? Why do I spend so much time thinking about an org that seemingly will never get it's **** together?

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is why we had to move off of Fields...

Caleb is going to be a star in this league when he gets a bit more protection and an OC who isn't trying to outsmart everyone else.

To be fair a lot of that came in garbage time and 50 came on a hail mary to end the half. It was obviously his best game but that isn't saying much

I almost couldn’t keep watching when we got to goal line in first half and out of 4000 play playbook we have not one under center power play to get a yard.

What a joke.  We should have hired Harbaugh and let him be GM or whatever he wanted to take the job.  

9 points in NFL against a terrible defense with guys hurt and your defense is playing well.  I don’t care who is playing QB.  If they are in NFL at all you should score more.  It’s on coaching.  You hired a defensive coach who apparently knows jack about coaching offense and you let him coach most talented QB we have had ever had.  

Kudos to Caleb and Odunze for getting better in spite of everything.