Bears at Colts 9/22 Noon Game On CBS

52 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

3 days ago- Matt Eberflus: we are looking for OL continuity

Today- Matt Eberflus: Pryor will play some on Sunday

I suspect that means he will at least rotate with Davis due to the groin or replace him if he can't go...I don't think Flus has changed his stance...just that Davis has been added to the injury report.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I suspect that means he will at least rotate with Davis due to the groin or replace him if he can't go...I don't think Flus has changed his stance...just that Davis has been added to the injury report.

He said that Tuesday when Davis was limited in practice

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He said that Tuesday when Davis was limited in practice

No injury report on a Tuesday...

Either way I am sure Flus & Co would love to be able to play just 5 guys all season but injury/form is clearly going to stand in the way of that.

Everyone on podcasts is saying Bears need to run the ball.  Well duh, everyone does.  But I am concerned. 

The single back spread run scheme is designed for QB to either also be a primary ball carrier to even numbers against defense or to complement an efficient pass game in which defense is afraid to come forward hard. 

If you are trying to just run IZ or OZ against a 6 man box there is often an unblocked defender.   5 blockers against 6 defenders.  If two OL get stuck on a double you lose another guy.

If defense is expecting or guessing run, NFL safeties can cover 10 - 12 yards to line of scrimmage just after you have made handoff and now you are really down numbers.  

You can’t just line up and cram it down peoples throat on ground without physical blocking by TEs and or FBs in box and various counters built in to keep people honest.  Even against a bad defense.  

GB did it, but one Indy played soft and back for some inexplicable reason in first half and LaFluer did do above.  He ran QB and he had extra blockers being physical in box and he used counters.  

39 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Velus inactive again. Back to WR drills again this week in practice. Why is he still on the roster? 

At this point RB with a side of (non catching) ST is literally the only position he can play, why are they messing about with this?  Also concerning is what this might signify about Keenan Allen's medical availability.  

Whatcha all doing for the game today?  My initial plan (start the smoker at 2am, pull the boat 5am, have smoked ribs for the game) got totally F'd by both the rain and LSD being closed for paving, so instead we're having inside fire and doing a pork schnitzel with mushroom gravy (3rd q)  and a chili cheese dip (1st Q) These noon games have me on NA beer which is surprsingly satisfying and means you can do things later in the afternoon.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Velus inactive again. Back to WR drills again this week in practice. Why is he still on the roster? 

To pretend the staff didn't totally screw up by not trading him when they're where offers before the season, especially when his roster slot cost is the promising TE who got poached off waivers

• Like 1