Week 3: Ravens @ Cowboys (The Regular Season matters edition)

wackywabbit

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The offense has been just as complicit in these 4th Q meltdowns as the defense lately 

It's too predictable. Harbaugh is terrified of Lamar passing to convert a 3rd and 5 in the fourth quarter with a big lead, but will have him throw 40 times in bad weather vs the Chiefs in the playoffs for some reason.

Turtling up takes away the offenses advantage.

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's too predictable. Harbaugh is terrified of Lamar passing to convert a 3rd and 5 in the fourth quarter with a big lead, but will have him throw 40 times in bad weather vs the Chiefs in the playoffs for some reason.

Turtling up takes away the offenses advantage.

I mean to be fair Lamar missed a wide open Andrews on the 2nd to last drive on 3rd and 5 to close out the game so is he exactly wrong to not trust him passing in those scenarios?

He redeemed himself with the Zay connection on the following drive though 

Edited by Ray Reed

Pass rush blanked today outside of Van Noy and our interior DL. Concerning when essentially the entire game Cowboys were in drop back and pass mode.

Oweh and Ojabo need to get it going 

Marlo looks slightly cooked. Tucker fully cooked.

Also Ro looks lost over the middle this year.

Not sure we’re ever getting the Marcus Williams we paid for.

Simpson looks good. Ronnie is playing like a top 10 LT again. Henry went beast mode. Stout with a few great punts today inside the 10 after that shi show last week. Ardarius Washington is a very useful player. 

18 minutes ago, Xmad said:

MIKE MACDONALD COME BACKKKKKKK WE'LL GIVE YOU AN OWNERSHIP STAKE.

These collapses used to be tagged to him. It's not something I have head a good explanation for. Everything's there on the defense to hold up. They make big sacks and stuffs, but it doesn't seem to matter a play or two latter. The offense should be made for making it easy. The awful special teams is new.

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

These collapses used to be tagged to him. It's not something I have head a good explanation for. Everything's there on the defense to hold up. They make big sacks and stuffs, but it doesn't seem to matter a play or two latter. The offense should be made for making it easy. The awful special teams is new.

the fact that's even a thing is ****ing stupid. that's literally harbaughs one coaching thing. 

This is literally the ravens not holding leads in the 4th quarter and taking their foot off the gas.

It's been a thing since at least 2019 and the one common factor is harbaugh.

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

I mean to be fair Lamar missed a wide open Andrews on the 2nd to last drive on 3rd and 5 to close out the game so is he exactly wrong to not trust him passing in those scenarios?

OK - so your idea is that the 2x MVP with the $260 million dollar contract needs to be protected, and not put in passing situations because he missed that one?

You need to give Lamar as many reps in the passing game as possible. He was 12/15 for the game, I'd say he was mostly hitting his targets.

At this point I just don't think Harbaugh understands basic risk calculations and strategy in the contemporary game. He can coach his team up and bludgeon you to death, but he gets so routinely out manipulated in the 4th quarter that it can't be a coincidence at this point. The league knows him, they know he'll fold up every time.

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Not gonna forget that some of you guys tried to tell me last year that Derrick Henry was just Gus Edwards with more volume.

Even more convinced now that we would have won it all last year if the Titans hadn't reneged on that deal. 

Certainly not I. I was a big proponent of getting a plus back. JK Dobbins (when healthy) was also that guy and you can once again see the difference between him and Edwards, who is just a guy.

• Like 1