Brock Bowers

Tank4Drake

Gotta give the guy his flowers, man. He’s been a monster through two games. I think he’s already a Top 5 TE after two games lol. I would take him and McBride over anyone in the league, including LaPorta going forward.

Not only was Bowers hailed as the greatest TE Prospect of all time, but here are his analytics through two games:

Among TE’s:

- #3 in YAC

- #2 in Yards Per Route Run (gold standard analytic for WR’s and TE’s)

- #1 in True Catch Rate

- #1 in Contested Catch Rate

- #4 in Juke Rate

- #9 in Target Separation

-#3 in Air Yards

- #1 in EPA (another gold standard)

And I didn’t even want a TE in the 1st. Glad they went BPA!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

And he's not exactly playing with top line quarterbacks, so he is just that good.

Eh. 

I think this is overstated. Minshew is also a guy who targeted tight ends 21% of his throws last year, so you could do much worse in terms of being with better QBs who simply don't utilize their tight ends as much. 

Kittle's best production came with CJ beathard and Nick mullens as his starter for most of the year. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

And he's not exactly playing with top line quarterbacks, so he is just that good.

Look at JT O Sullivan’s breakdown on Minshew. It basically became a Bowers/Adams breakdown. They both put on a masterclass and an absolute clinic. Just one of the best technician type of games you’ll see from a WR or TE. JT was mancrushing on both. 

Minshew made a lot of mistakes and had some pretty bad throws. But he had an ok game. 

2 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

As others have mentioned,  having a bad QB can actually be an asset for a Tight End.

More specifically, new QBs, QBs with weakish arms, and hurried QBs appreciate big, close targets.  Given the Raiders' QBs and O-Line, Las Vegas might have been the perfect landing spot for Brock Bowers.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

As others have mentioned,  having a bad QB can actually be an asset for a Tight End.

More specifically, new QBs, QBs with weakish arms, and hurried QBs appreciate big, close targets.  Given the Raiders' QBs and O-Line, Las Vegas might have been the perfect landing spot for Brock Bowers.

Disagreed. A lot of sharp guys have broken down that our scheme is designed around Adams. Bowers is almost never the first read. He should not be putting up the stats he is currently putting up in this scheme, but he is just so good, that he draws targets anyways. 

On a team that features him as the #1 guy, oh baby. 

I mean is Brock even actually blocking close to the line like TEs or is he mostly just playing WR but listed as a TE as I'll be honest I haven't watched the Raiders yet this season.  This also isn't a dig at Bowers, I would've been happy if he fell another spot to the Saints and drafted by them as he's obviously a great talent, but I really wanted them to take an OT and not be tempted by Bowers so I was happy the Raiders took him as well.

11 minutes ago, Raves said:

I mean is Brock even actually blocking close to the line like TEs or is he mostly just playing WR but listed as a TE as I'll be honest I haven't watched the Raiders yet this season.  This also isn't a dig at Bowers, I would've been happy if he fell another spot to the Saints and drafted by them as he's obviously a great talent, but I really wanted them to take an OT and not be tempted by Bowers so I was happy the Raiders took him as well.

About it 2:1 through two games. 

About 84 snaps, 30 in line

22 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

We haven’t had much to be excited about in 22 years. Let us have this one. 

Yeah, The return of Woodson. 
Adams trade. Jon Gruden signing. 
Moving to Vegas. sweeping the division. Surviving other Raider fans who pop out hammers because they can’t fight. Carne asada,’the Latino culture. 

lots to be happy about. Now, having a good team? lol let’s not get crazy. 

Bring out the metal bats. 

RAIDAAAAAAAAAS. 

33 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Yeah, The return of Woodson. 
Adams trade. Jon Gruden signing. 
Moving to Vegas. sweeping the division. Surviving other Raider fans who pop out hammers because they can’t fight. Carne asada,’the Latino culture. 

lots to be happy about. Now, having a good team? lol let’s not get crazy. 

Bring out the metal bats. 

RAIDAAAAAAAAAS. 

Gruden was a terrible hire.