The good, the bad, the we lost to the panthers

NickButera

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

"Old School" Raiders was the vision. 

Guess they overlooked that 2006 is now old lol

This actually leads to a good point. Maybe one day folks will realize that it’s 2024 and trying to build a team in the image of the 1970s Raiders is insanity.  

I’d seriously take Gruden back in a heartbeat over this staff, particularly if he wasn’t given quite the front office autonomy. Which isn’t to say I want him back, but that’s how little I think of the direction things are headed right now. 

6 hours ago, CaribouLou said:

I don't think they had Mark in mind at all when they were banging the table for AP. They went from McDaniels who probably ran this team like a tyrant, to AP who let the team have victory cigars after winning and gave the total opposite vibe of McDaniels. I don't think the players wanted that momentum and vibe of the team to go away after how we finished last year. I don't think Mark Davis was in mind as much as them liking AP being a players coach and letting them express themselves however they want.

I also think us not hiring Bisaccia played some part in the players speaking up. Some wanted him back and then last year the AP situation played out almost the same. They didn't want to go into the next year not riding the momentum from the end of last season is how I saw it. If you think it was about Mark Davis, then once AP is out of here (which might be sooner than later) do you expect the players to speak out again and try to influence the coaching hire in some way?

This is what I mean. He didn't listen to the players last time and ended up hiring a previously failed coach, who did exactly what everyone thought he would do, which was fail. This time around the players decided to take matters into their own hands due to the fact that Mark Davis hasn't shown that he knows how to pick a coach, and or not give them absolute power over the roster. 

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don’t know what other people see seems like they just looking at ap all game and not the plays. Especially the fact that nobody is mentioning our injuries 

They see it. It just gives them a chance to forward their agenda. 

There’s people who don’t like AP as the coach and will blame him for every loss

AP should be given the same opportunity to improve as a coach. Can’t keep firing coaches every season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

They see it. It just gives them a chance to forward their agenda. 

There’s people who don’t like AP as the coach and will blame him for every loss

AP should be given the same opportunity to improve as a coach. Can’t keep firing coaches every season.

AP doesn't deserve more time than JMD got. The team is getting worse under him, why keep him if we suck?

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Personally, I think in two months we’re gonna look back at this loss against the Panthers and it won’t be as bad as it seems.

Getting shellacked by the worst team in the NFL at home save for a couple.of garbage time scores and them letting off the gas is never not as bad as it seems. 

A bad product is a bad product. I like pizza. Even if I love a particular place's pizza, if I get one that's undercooked with moldy cheese and expired funky pepperoni, it's bad and always will be.