2024 GDT Week #3 Steelers 3-0 Visit the Colts 1-2

1 minute ago, rlon said:

Russell Wilson is your starting QB going forward. This QB can’t secure the ball properly. I have never seen anything like it. It’s like Ike Taylor is playing quarterback. 

This seems like a massive stretch.    There have been QBs far worse with ball security, and Fields has been decent in that regard until today.

• Like 1

Just now, 43M said:

This seems like a massive stretch.    There have been QBs far worse with ball security, and Fields has been decent in that regard until today.

The issue I have is you know ball security has historically been an issue for Fields, so was the start of his season a mirage or was this game the mirage?

Horrible O-Line play, zero running game, bad day for Arthur Smith, defense looked awful entire 1st half, and Fields still had us in it until the end. I do not want to hear anything about Russ starting next week. To say the result would have been any better with him today is a delusional take. 

Now I know Fields wasn’t perfect either. We badly need a healthy Warren and C Patt back and to trade for Adams or Hopkins like tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just now, 43M said:

It’s not just holding onto the ball, its  being aware of things, in command. He is a liability presnap and once the ball is snapped. He can’t even function under center. He is physically gifted but mentally limited. He is not the answer. If the goal is to try to win the Super Bowl, start Russ. If the hall is develop Fields, we will have half of our remaining games look like this one. I personally don’t feel like spending 1.5 hours of my Sunday on this,,,

We NEED another WR, it's that simple. This offense, while the playcalling is greatly improved at times, can't score points. Najee Harris, man I hope he is gone after the season, dude is garbage outside of garbage time. And I said last week, if this offense can keep improving we could be scary good.

We looked like **** today on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

The issue I have is you know ball security has historically been an issue for Fields, so was the start of his season a mirage or was this game the mirage?

He has 2 turnovers in 4 games. And one of those was a ball that got tipped 3 times (although still would classify it as a mistake). 

Russ would die behind this line. I think Fields gets another start at least. He didn’t really even play that badly. We’ve got to get some healthy players on offense. Smith needs to trust Fields a little more. The defense can’t start games like that anymore. I think we lost as a team. That wasn’t all on Fields.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Horrible O-Line play, zero running game, bad day for Arthur Smith, defense looked awful entire 1st half, and Fields still had us in it until the end. I do not want to hear anything about Russ starting next week. To say the result would have been any better with him today is a delusional take. 

Now I know Fields wasn’t perfect either. We badly need a healthy Warren and C Patt back and to trade for Adams or Hopkins like tomorrow. 

Jags just fell to 0-4. I know Kirk is another slot like guy but I wouldn't resist looking.

• Like 1

Just now, rlon said:

It’s not just holding onto the ball, its  being aware of things, in command. He is a liability presnap and once the ball is snapped. He can’t even function under center. He is physically gifted but mentally limited. He is not the answer. If the goal is to try to win the Super Bowl, start Russ. If the hall is develop Fields, we will have half of our remaining games look like this one. I personally don’t feel like spending 1.5 hours of my Sunday on this,,,

No attack on you but I just find this statement to be hilarious. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rlon said:

If the goal is to win a SB, this team is gonna have to try to acquire a legitimate franchise QB