BDL 2024 Week 4: Hungary Hippos @ Las Vegas Bangers

RedGold

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Las Vegas Bangers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2024 at 04:01 AM

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Hungary depending on a player he doesn't have to blitz is a choice (yes i know you meant shaq thompson).  Also labeling Diontae Johnson a burner is lol.  However I think they will do enough here to outscore the banged up Bangers, especially with Vegas basically leaving the TE uncovered if I'm reading this plan correctly

Hungary 35-31

You are correct that my oversight in not posting a specific comment leads to Ertz being unaccounted for when we are in man coverage (65%) and only when blitzing a LB (50%). Thus Ertz roams free just shy of 1 in 3 snaps.

As I did note though. This same issue exists in the Hungary gameplan. Where there blitz strategy fails to account for Isaiah Likely either.

4 minutes ago, InjuredReserve said:

You are correct that my oversight in not posting a specific comment leads to Ertz being unaccounted for when we are in man coverage (65%) and only when blitzing a LB (50%). Thus Ertz roams free just shy of 1 in 3 snaps.

As I did note though. This same issue exists in the Hungary gameplan. Where there blitz strategy fails to account for Isaiah Likely either.

so 65 percent of the game you're running man and half of that time you're blitzing so that scenario accounts for a third of the game (33%) in which you aren't covering  the TE.  Goff is a solid enough QB to see that, in my opinion

For Hungary, i agree he didn't assign anyone the role, but there are at least options who he hasn't said what the hell they are doing.  It's one of those things where being less descript bails him out

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

so 65 percent of the game you're running man and half of that time you're blitzing so that scenario accounts for a third of the game (33%) in which you aren't covering  the TE.  Goff is a solid enough QB to see that, in my opinion

For Hungary, i agree he didn't assign anyone the role, but there are at least options who he hasn't said what the hell they are doing.  It's one of those things where being less descript bails him out

In that 33%, I have an unblocked rusher. So it's not as clean as it's being made out. Ertz catches some. I get some sacks, since he doesn't know when the blitz is coming and Ertz isn't fast.

If I had a redo I would obv address that gap. But, I pointed out that being non descriptive is trying to have your cake and eat it too. It's just asking voters to reward plans that are less developed and ask them to assume your guys do things you didn't plan for.

Just now, InjuredReserve said:

In that 33%, I have an unblocked rusher. So it's not as clean as it's being made out. Ertz catches some. I get some sacks, since he doesn't know when the blitz is coming and Ertz isn't fast.

If I had a redo I would obv address that gap. But, I pointed out that being non descriptive is trying to have your cake and eat it too. It's just asking voters to reward plans that are less developed and ask them to assume your guys do things you didn't plan for.

Totally understand your pain as I'm a detail planner myself.  These things happen and sometimes guys get rewarded for saying one thing while other things are completely ignored.  If it's any consolation, it looks like you got this one in the bag already

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Totally understand your pain as I'm a detail planner myself.  These things happen and sometimes guys get rewarded for saying one thing while other things are completely ignored.  If it's any consolation, it looks like you got this one in the bag already

Honestly appreciate you giving the feedback. Helps to see where people's minds are at. Also let's me learn on where I either need to be extra vigilant in my own planning or just scale it back.

Just now, InjuredReserve said:

Honestly appreciate you giving the feedback. Helps to see where people's minds are at. Also let's me learn on where I either need to be extra vigilant in my own planning or just scale it back.

I selfishly was just looking to pick the brain of someone unbiased that had that be the driver of their vote. Bc of course me and PR are rightfully gonna mess with each other over this stuff.

So appreciate the feedback.

1 minute ago, InjuredReserve said:

I selfishly was just looking to pick the brain of someone unbiased that had that be the driver of their vote. Bc of course me and PR are rightfully gonna mess with each other over this stuff.

So appreciate the feedback.

Of course, if the talent discrpencies were higher, it wouldn't have mattered but in a close battle, those handful of snaps titlted it for me

59 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Of course, if the talent discrpencies were higher, it wouldn't have mattered but in a close battle, those handful of snaps titlted it for me

I disagree with you saying it that close. Both defenses are banged up but our offense is substantially better. We have an advantage at QB, OL, WR, TE, and RB. Honesty, I don’t give them an edge in any area on the offensive side of the ball. 

You are clearly ignoring all of the short comings of the Hippos game plan and weaker roster to knock us when they do not describe how they stopping Likely. 

IR is a very kind and reasonable man. I on the other hand would like to challenge your logic. 

32 minutes ago, BodyBurner said:

I disagree with you saying it that close. Both defenses are banged up but our offense is substantially better. We have an advantage at QB, OL, WR, TE, and RB. Honesty, I don’t give them an edge in any area on the offensive side of the ball. 

You are clearly ignoring all of the short comings of the Hippos game plan and weaker roster to knock us when they do not describe how they stopping Likely. 

IR is a very kind and reasonable man. I on the other hand would like to challenge your logic. 

you're welcome to

i think Vegas has the better RB, Hungary has the better o line albeit similar.  Weapon groups i'd rank close, possibly small lean to vegas based on this year production.  QB are both having outstanding years with lamar adding a second threat

Defensively i think Hungary has a better front four and safety duo.  Vegas has a better CB trio, but i don't really like either group .  LB i'd also give to hungary

I entered voting this week fully prepared to give Goff a significant bump, considering his MNF performance against the Seahawks. Unfortunately, he's playing Lamar, who has back-to-back games with a 70%+ completion percentage, over 200 total yards in each game and 5 total TDs. Goff bump noted, but, unfortunately, his bump came against a QB in dominant form. It's easily a GOTW match-up, with thoughtful scheming and surging impact players on both sides, but the Las Vegas defense proves to be the difference in a primetime affair, 34-31.