Week 6: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

32 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I think this stat is misleading in that it is artificially inflated by his rodeo plays.  If he has 10 plays. 9 of them are 2.5 seconds, and the 10th play is 8 seconds, the average is 3.3. 

He has a lot of plays that last more than five seconds.  

Oh, no doubt that this gets skewed by those plays. But as that sample gets larger, that time does get more meaningful. But we don't really need to know the specifics on the TTT in order to know that far too frequently, he has the ball far longer than he needs to. Anyone watching can see that there's quite a bit of this going on.

FWIW, He is #1 in the league in percentage of his drop backs that are over 2.5 seconds though. 70%. 4% higher than #2. Not inherently an awful stat, but to put it into perspective, Justin Fields was the league leader in each of the last two years in percentage of drop backs 2.5 seconds more: 68% and 67.5%. 

• Like 1

He's also number one by a mile when it comes to time he has held the ball when he's sacked (over 5 seconds).  Its almost  full second over the next highest. Likewise, a stat in an of itself isn't inherently bad if you're at the top. I mean, anyone who can move and scramble should be high up there. I imagine this is a "I'm Josh Allen and I'm king" stat for sure lol. But the difference between Purdy in this number and #2 is about the same time difference between 2 and 18. You shouldn't be a full second over the next highest. Throw the ball away. 

Pff does rate his as the worst QB in the league when it comes to self inflicted pressures though, so that is something that should be monitored. 

All this to say, the offensive line isn't good...hell, may not be average....but I don't think it's a problem in pass pro right now. Way more concerned about their run blocking in the short end of the field. Look at the left side of the line getting blown up on that Mason fumble, for example 

• Like 2

Watching Worthy tonight vs the Saints makes me think Kyle really wanted him in the draft. I could see the end arounds that Deebo would normally do. Clearly not the physical player that Deebo is, but the creativity in getting him the ball screams what Kyle wants in a gadget player. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Watching Worthy tonight vs the Saints makes me think Kyle really wanted him in the draft. I could see the end arounds that Deebo would normally do. Clearly not the physical player that Deebo is, but the creativity in getting him the ball screams what Kyle wants in a gadget player. 

I also wanted Worthy lol

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Oh, no doubt that this gets skewed by those plays. But as that sample gets larger, that time does get more meaningful. But we don't really need to know the specifics on the TTT in order to know that far too frequently, he has the ball far longer than he needs to. Anyone watching can see that there's quite a bit of this going on.

FWIW, He is #1 in the league in percentage of his drop backs that are over 2.5 seconds though. 70%. 4% higher than #2. Not inherently an awful stat, but to put it into perspective, Justin Fields was the league leader in each of the last two years in percentage of drop backs 2.5 seconds more: 68% and 67.5%. 

I haven't watched the 22 this year for the games, so I am not sure how many things he is missing, but this may be his ability to be quick, shifty, and make a guy miss working against him in this statistical capacity.  

I think it also shows a lack of designed short passes and Brock taking fewer check downs.  

I am not sure exactly how much of each without really diving deep into some not very fun 22 man film, but my eye ball says Brock is processing and working through the offense pretty well, he's not locking onto his first read, or throwing into the teeth of coverage much.  It doesn't look like Fields, or Alex when he would hold onto the ball, or everyone's favorite, JTO'Sullivan.  Brock's Int's were both forced by tipping the pass or hitting his arm during the throw.  He is still playing well, even though that wasn't his best game.  

I think this is more Kyle being Kyle and overthinking the wheel rather than working the short game.  Teams have been pressing a lot more, which is probably why everything is muddier.  I don't think Kyle has come up with an answer for teams pressing our guys.  I am not sure how well equipped our horses are to deal with press, but Kyle will think of something.

This thing is going to go one way or another in Seattle this week.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

definitely this. you give a guy like Reid, Kyle, McVay a weapon like Worthy and it's immediate fear. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thought he would last half the season but he was over his head as an HC. 

Would not be surprised if he is the DC of the Niners or Packers next season. 

No “Or” can he make it in time for kick off lol. 

But seriously, YES! Come home! 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thought he would last half the season but he was over his head as an HC. 

Would not be surprised if he is the DC of the Niners or Packers next season. 

This is probably an Aaron Rodgers decision. I’m not sure why Rodgers dislikes the guy so much cuz it seemed like Saleh was bending over backwards for him. 

This 1 decision doesn’t really mean anything since Saleh is a better DC than HC, but what an organizational mess to give control to a now mediocre 40 year old QB. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

This is probably an Aaron Rodgers decision. I’m not sure why Rodgers dislikes the guy so much cuz it seemed like Saleh was bending over backwards for him. 

This 1 decision doesn’t really mean anything since Saleh is a better DC than HC, but what an organizational mess to give control to a now mediocre 40 year old QB. 

100% this screams Rodgers!