Week 6: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

It matches what my eyes and what the film looks like to me. I've been much more impressed with our execution on the offensive line this year. The Rams for one can really get after the passer and we handled them well. There've been really nice holes. It's an offensive line that doesn't torpedo your championship chances. I'm a bit concerned about the safety and weakside linebacker play most of all on film review. Charvarius Ward has had a rough patch. That's kind of how it goes for corners. If it continues, then we can worry. The defensive line actually seemed to be more coherent and doing their jobs well on Sunday to my eye.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like the best part about the 9ers O-line is they succeed and fail as a group.  I don't think we are as good at pass blocking as the chart indicates, but it's not far off.  I think the team is closer to average or slightly below there.  Brock using his wiggle to run around could be messing with this advanced metric.  

I don't think we drill these scrambles, it seems like something Shannahan would hate to practice.  So when Brock makes a move to buy time, nobody knows what the hell to do, as 'why am I here' mentioned earlier.  All he can do is make another move to buy more time for guys to maybe do something cool.  Brocks time buying is unexpected and unaccounted for within the scheme.  Since we don't have a back up third down back that can run hot routes against pressure like CMC, then I suppose we either need to throw the ball away more or drill these scrambles. 

I was clamoring for a third down back to back up McC all offseason.  The guy doesn't have to be great to accept passes on uncovered routes against zero blitzes, he just has to do the right thing and pick up the blitz when asked.  Not having that answer for the blitz I think can at times cause Purdy to hold onto the ball for longer. 

I think we should give Mason a chance in the passing game.  Throw the world onto his shoulders and see what he can do.   Having Juice on the field removes any actual play action threat.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I'm not looking forward to this game at all.  very nervous.  a loss and it's probably the end already, which would suck big time.  I have no confidence in this current team, no vibes at all. 

I feel pretty much the same way.  However, the team has started off just as bad, if not worse, in recent years and rallied the last half of the season.  So, I have a lot of mixed feelings.  

The defense has me concerned for sure.  I read a couple weeks ago that the Niners' defense allows like 72% on 3rd and long(7+ yards) while the rest of the NFL is around 22%.  That is absolutely ridiculous.  

The offense getting shut out in the 2nd half last game was concerning as well, but the offense has been our bread and butter for a while now.  I expect that to bounce back.  

Special teams....well...that hasn't been great, either, outside of a few wow plays.  Blocking the field goal and running it in for a touchdown being the best of them.  It was in a loss, unfortunately.  

56 minutes ago, Ataal said:

I feel pretty much the same way.  However, the team has started off just as bad, if not worse, in recent years and rallied the last half of the season.  So, I have a lot of mixed feelings.  

The defense has me concerned for sure.  I read a couple weeks ago that the Niners' defense allows like 72% on 3rd and long(7+ yards) while the rest of the NFL is around 22%.  That is absolutely ridiculous.  

The offense getting shut out in the 2nd half last game was concerning as well, but the offense has been our bread and butter for a while now.  I expect that to bounce back.  

Special teams....well...that hasn't been great, either, outside of a few wow plays.  Blocking the field goal and running it in for a touchdown being the best of them.  It was in a loss, unfortunately.  

What concerns me most is the defense. When I watched Fred's postgame interview, I haven't seen him that dejected.  It made me feel like they are close to giving up.  In football if you aren't fully engaged mentally, it's over.  

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Woolen is out so it makes sense to play more 11 personnel to take Spoon out of the game and give Aiyuk and Jennings more favorable looks. Not sure if Kyle will see it that way though. 

I wonder. Arizona matched a lot of our 11 with base on Sunday and brought five a lot to help both corral Brock and eat up the run. A lot of disrespect shown to Deebo and Jajaun (including the routes where Deebo was out of the backfield with Juice as the 1 traditional back). Gotta hurt the Seahawks if they dare do the same. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JIllg said:

I wonder. Arizona matched a lot of our 11 with base on Sunday and brought five a lot to help both corral Brock and eat up the run. A lot of disrespect shown to Deebo and Jajaun (including the routes where Deebo was out of the backfield with Juice as the 1 traditional back). Gotta hurt the Seahawks if they dare do the same. 

The team has not been great at beating man or press zones.  These guys need to start winning matchups at some point. 

Kyle needs to draw up some screens, pick plays, rubs, and other man beaters.  The WR's need to start blocking for each other again.  It's like Kyle was using CMC as a crutch against the blitz, and now we are stumbling out of the gates.  Seasons can get away quickly.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

The team has not been great at beating man or press zones.  These guys need to start winning matchups at some point. 

Kyle needs to draw up some screens, pick plays, rubs, and other man beaters.  The WR's need to start blocking for each other again.  It's like Kyle was using CMC as a crutch against the blitz, and now we are stumbling out of the gates.  Seasons can get away quickly.  

He has dialed up a bunch of picks. Aiyuk not doing so hot picking guys. Double moves? Kittle didn't win against a linebacker or make a congested catch when Brock made a perfect throw.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

We already lost to Sam Darnold this season. 

If we lose to Geno Smith too than we deserve to miss the playoffs. 

I think Geno is a good QB though. I do not believe darnold is good 

7 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I think the exact opposite, but I see why someone would hold that opinion. 

I get why people would think darnold is good right now, though this feels "Jimmy g good" to me and KOC is an all star.

I've seen 3 of their 5 games, have yet to be super impressed. Each game is a major mixed bag. An amazing throw or two, some brain dead decisions and spraying the ball. You can see why people can't quit him, and you see why people have lol

Geno is just a little more stable for me. he has similar wow throws, but less susceptible to the WTF moments.  "Good" is probably a little strong.... I'd have him in that middle tier of QBs that's right around 16