Week 6: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Worth noting that I'm not sure Geno has ever played a good game against the niners, so that's nice

This defense is not one the level of 2022 or 2023 though, so there's that. But if Ward can go, he should shadow Metcalf and Lenoir should do fine with JSN. It comes down to if our inconsistent pass rush can dominate the Seahawks bad OL. 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

I get why people would think darnold is good right now, though this feels "Jimmy g good" to me and KOC is an all star.

I've seen 3 of their 5 games, have yet to be super impressed. Each game is a major mixed bag. An amazing throw or two, some brain dead decisions and spraying the ball. You can see why people can't quit him, and you see why people have lol

Geno is just a little more stable for me. he has similar wow throws, but less susceptible to the WTF moments.  "Good" is probably a little strong.... I'd have him in that middle tier of QBs that's right around 16

Yeah, I think Darnold is a mixture of KOC, Justin Jefferson cheat coding, tackle protection, luck, and playing some defenses that just couldn't ruffle him. Plus, it always takes a touch for teams to get a book on a new guy's tendencies or a guy under a new coach. Will revise with more data. But Darnold has always looked the part as this big, big armed, athletic dude until the mental processing barfs up or the accuracy just dies for a game or too. I don't watch the Seahawks very much and like Forge said, Geno just kind of plays like poop against us every game. Holding on to the ball, not seeing things, etc. But when I do see a good Geno game, it's the timing and rhythm and throws over the middle intermixed with deep shots. I think part of the reason that he looks so bad against us has been Fred and Dre. We've dominated the middle of the field on defense for years and that's Geno's comfort zone.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Woke up with anxiety and dread.  Not looking forward to this game at all.  Stomach hurts.  Don't want to watch, but of course I will. 

Meh, if we lose, we lose. No need to have this much anxiety lol. We have lost three games by 10 points. The luck factor has gone the opposite way but eventually it will regress to the mean. This game will not be easy as we are not playing clean ball and can't stop the run. But this team is capable of turning it around slowly and going on big runs as we have since 2021. 

The Seahawks get a few DL back but are missing arguably their two best and their best outside corner. The offense just needs to get in the RZ and finish. It's time for a heavy load of Deebo touches in the money zone. 

• Like 3

Welp, we have no one who can match up with Metcalf now. Ward has matched up very well with him the last few meetings. 

Alright rook, time to step up. 

This game just got that much tougher. It's going to come down to our offense putting up major points and converting in the RZ. I have no faith in the defense being able to slow the Seahawks offense down....UNLESS our DL shows up and gets consistent pressure on Smith.