Week 6 Thread: (4-1) Commanders at (3-2) Ravens - 1 PM on CBS

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

At least Juice makes tackles. Forbes would get beat off the line because he can't jam a WR and then he’d miss a tackle. It’s essentially the difference between giving up 5-15 yards every few plays vs giving up TDs.

Juice is not a good player. There’s no excuse for this guy to still be starting. We knew what he was two years ago. If you go your whole collegiate and NFL career with one interception and you’re a corner you probably aren’t very good. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Juice is not a good player. There’s no excuse for this guy to still be starting. We knew what he was two years ago. If you go your whole collegiate and NFL career with one interception and you’re a corner you probably aren’t very good. 

In 2022? When he had a good season and mostly shut down Justin Jefferson and caused a fumble against the Eagles which helped seal that win?

I am not sitting here saying that Juice is a good CB. But, he's better than Forbes & the other guys behind him. I don't think he’ll be back next year unless he's our #4 CB but he's clearly better than the scrubs behind him.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

In 2022? When he had a good season and mostly shut down Justin Jefferson and caused a fumble against the Eagles which helped seal that win?

Ahh okay. So he’s actually really good and just had had bad luck in coverage for two years? Got it. 

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I am not sitting here saying that Juice is a good CB. But, he's better than Forbes & the other guys behind him. I don't think he’ll be back next year unless he's our #4 CB but he's clearly better than the scrubs behind him.

If we were not winning and this is a culture year, I see the merit in letting him play it out right now.  

But if you are winning like we are right now, and you are constantly being beat and penalized, the coaches need to send a message and bump him down the depth chart. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So then the coaching is awful? It’s either one or the other. It can’t be good coaching and decent players getting gashed in every game except the Cleveland game. 

We don’t have any star players on defense. One star can make a world of difference. We have two on offense. But that isn’t really what you said. You said they didn’t make any changes to the roster at DE and the secondary. They absolutely did. 

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

If we were not winning and this is a culture year, I see the merit in letting him play it out right now.  

But if you are winning like we are right now, and you are constantly being beat and penalized, the coaches need to send a message and bump him down the depth chart. 

They sent a message with Dotson, Davis, Forbes and Forrest. Did the same thing with Mike Davis. BSJ is getting torched week in and week out. Go get Horn, Fuller or Ward. You can’t just expect to be good every year. We’re winning and have a real shot at this division. If you can improve this defense you can compete with anyone. You can’t just sit on your hands and say “well next year…”

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

For who?

39 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If signing 2 new DEs, drafting another capable one, signing another solid starter CB and drafting a good Nickle CB is just leaving it “as is” then idk what you want honestly 

It’s also a brand new scheme where the players are being asked to actually do things, as opposed to just ‘stay in your assigned gap.’  

There’s been a learning curve.  They were on a historically bad pace for the first three games.  It’s been much better since then. We are now ranked 13th in the NFL in yards allowed per game coming into today.  

• Like 2