Good, Bad, Ugly XMAS game vs Philly

Silver&Black88

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Literally... pick someone. IMO.... any hire is at minimum a lateral move from JDR. Talent wise, they can win games for a coach and be average as is the case with JDR. You can't do worse IMO because JDR is a bottom 5 NFL coach. But you can do better.

Just my opinion... but the upside potential of replacing JDR outweighs the downside risk.

You can pluck a JDR from absolutely anywhere. So take a shot at someone who can outperform him. If you miss.... you're still a 6-8 win team on talent. But you hit and you might find some consistent 10+ win seasons. 

Though I respect your opinion, that is getting ridiculous. JDR isn't a bottom 5 NFL coach and the risk isn't nearly even that we get someone better. You're over estimating the HC market big time IMO.

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I didn't think of it like this, but honestly, this is as good of a take as I've seen. JDR seems like a nice guy, but he just doesn't get it done. And if it took him a year to fire his boy Norton to get this defense to a high level, that alone is enough to fire him to me. We aren't a new england or pittsburgh in terms of quality of destination, but we're as good of a coaching opportunity as a team will get. We aren't some talentless wreck without a qb. A good coach will see the opportunity and take it with us, unless Davis somehow clowns his way out of this.

There's nothing I want more than for Mark Davis to sell the team. He's the reason the team left Oakland and his cheap *** may prevent us from getting the coach we need.

He has extended his GM and coach on good equivalent deals to others around the league after appropriate success. Not cheap. Just cash poor when it comes to comparisons with other NFL owners. There is a difference. Sorry you're mad, but the move is done and Mark isn't selling.

Now when it comes to getting another coach, it's only assumed Mark won't pay for another because of the JDR deal by people on twitter. It's yet to be seen how he will react. It was also said that he couldn't offer the type of money he gave Reggie and Jack or get the land deal done in Vegas or secure funding or get the state to sign off on the public money. If a move has to be made to get the team rolling again I wouldn't bet against Mark. He wants to take a good team to Vegas and everyone that has bet against him has been dead wrong so far.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

He has extended his GM and coach on good equivalent deals to others around the league after appropriate success. Not cheap. Just cash poor when it comes to comparisons with other NFL owners. There is a difference. Sorry you're mad, but the move is done and Mark isn't selling.

Now when it comes to getting another coach, it's only assumed Mark won't pay for another because of the JDR deal by people on twitter. It's yet to be seen how he will react. It was also said that he couldn't offer the type of money he gave Reggie and Jack or get the land deal done in Vegas or secure funding or get the state to sign off on the public money. If a move has to be made to get the team rolling again I wouldn't bet against Mark. He wants to take a good team to Vegas and everyone that has bet against him has been dead wrong so far.

Cash poor is a disadvantage. No one is mad, but Davis doesn't exactly have the best track record as an owner and hasn't really showed much for me to believe he knows what he's doing. I hope I'm wrong about Mark Davis and a new coach, but I doubt it. JDR has shown every reason to be fired, but I doubt it'll happen.

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Cash poor is a disadvantage. No one is mad, but Davis doesn't exactly have the best track record as an owner and hasn't really showed much for me to believe he knows what he's doing. I hope I'm wrong about Mark Davis and a new coach, but I doubt it. JDR has shown every reason to be fired, but I doubt it'll happen.

Yes it is but there is nothing to suggest he won't spend for a coach if need be and the cheap description is nonsense bitter bay fans throw around because a deal wasn't worked out there. And I'm guessing if you gave us your twitter handle we'd see that you are indeed mad about the move. Just a hunch. Could be wrong.

As for his track record, he hired a great GM and executive staff that transformed his team from a crappy cap strapped mess to a legitimate franchise and struck a stadium deal, that no one thought he could complete, for a state of the art facility in a tax free state with a large portion of public money with little collateral. That's pretty damn impressive in anyone's standards.

9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Though I respect your opinion, that is getting ridiculous. JDR isn't a bottom 5 NFL coach and the risk isn't nearly even that we get someone better. You're over estimating the HC market big time IMO.

Do it. Name 5 worse coaches, coaching right now.....

Koetter? Gase? You could argue they'd do more with the offense than JDR. 

Fox.... they are mostly carbon copies of each other.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You mean hiring a GM then undermining his efforts by hiring his own coach. Then expecting it all to work doesn't show you he knows what he's doing? Nobody respectable wants to work for Davis. So a coaching hire will be someone looking to prove himself. Or John Gruden if Davis wants to give him some ownership lol.

On 12/25/2017 at 10:02 PM, Chali21 said:

Carr’s mental state is a major concern, if he doesn’t get back to the gamer he was a year ago this team will never win a playoff game. He has the ability to play but he just doesn’t have the mental makeup at this point. 

Let's just be real....Carr is a mental midget. He plays like a certain female body part. The quote he gave after the game about not going deep again after the long Coop TD was very telling. That's not the type of mindset I want my rookie QB to have, much less my 4th year QB we just invested 125 million into. I could never imagine a guy like Brady or Rodgers saying anything like that. He has had a couple of head scratching quotes like that after games and his overall demeanor just turns me off. Seriously, who smiles after they've just thrown a game ending pick?  I would rather see him go full rampage mode like Jameis Winston this past Sunday, at least that shows me you care. But why are you smiling? Because you got paid?

He has absolutely lost all confidence, swagger and killer instinct he had before he got paid and I'm not so sure that fixing Carr will be as easy as a simple OC change. Downing is awful beyond words, but there are some major glaring issues Carr has that I'm not sure are correctable overnight.

Carr's footwork is atrocious. His footwork has effected his accuracy, which has been off all year. He's never going to be comfortable operating from under center, which in turn limits our running game and multiplicity on offense. And he seriously is one of the worst QB in the league under pressure and that's not something you can fix. Whatever OC we get in here will have a helluva job rebuilding Carr back up, and then working around his limitations as a QB.

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Let's just be real....Carr is a mental midget. He plays like a certain female body part. The quote he gave after the game about not going deep again after the long Coop TD was very telling. That's not the type of mindset I want my rookie QB to have, much less my 4th year QB we just invested 125 million into. I could never imagine a guy like Brady or Rodgers saying anything like that. He has had a couple of head scratching quotes like that after games and his overall demeanor just turns me off. Seriously, who smiles after they've just thrown a game ending pick?  I would rather see him go full rampage mode like Jameis Winston this past Sunday, at least that shows me you care. But why are you smiling? Because you got paid?

He has absolutely lost all confidence, swagger and killer instinct he had before he got paid and I'm not so sure that fixing Carr will be as easy as a simple OC change. Downing is awful beyond words, but there are some major glaring issues Carr has that I'm not sure are correctable overnight.

Carr's footwork is atrocious. His footwork has effected his accuracy, which has been off all year. He's never going to be comfortable operating from under center, which in turn limits our running game and multiplicity on offense. And he seriously is one of the worst QB in the league under pressure and that's not something you can fix. Whatever OC we get in here will have a helluva job rebuilding Carr back up, and then working around his limitations as a QB.

lol... you're putting this on him getting paid? Seriously? Humans show emotions in different ways. I commend him for keeping his cool under mounting pressure and frustration. Jamis is a mental midget IMO. Can't control his emotions for anything. 

Carr is frustrated. Expectations were high and he's struggling. But he's a man and takes blame and will grow from this season. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You mean hiring a GM then undermining his efforts by hiring his own coach. Then expecting it all to work doesn't show you he knows what he's doing? Nobody respectable wants to work for Davis. So a coaching hire will be someone looking to prove himself. Or John Gruden if Davis wants to give him some ownership lol.

Dumb assumptions IMO. IF we do move on from JDR I don't think the coaching candidates will be limited for this team. Team is in a much better situation than when Jack took over.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Do it. Name 5 worse coaches, coaching right now.....

Koetter? Gase? You could argue they'd do more with the offense than JDR. 

Fox.... they are mostly carbon copies of each other.

Jackson, Spag, Joesph, Mularkey, Gruden, Lynn, Koetter, Bowles, Fox, Gase Caldwell.

9 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Jackson, Spag, Joesph, Mularkey, Gruden, Lynn, Koetter, Bowles, Fox, Gase Caldwell.

I would take all of those coaches over JDR. Mularkey, Caldwell, Fox would be a lateral move. The rest would get more out this offense than the 

Jackson, Guden..... those 2 would have got 10 wins out of this offense. Bowels has gotten more out of less talent this season alone. 

JDR is bottom 5. You can't convince me otherwise. You listed 5 coaches who don't have a QB. 1 interm coach. And the rest are guys producing equal or better records than JDR with less talent on offense.

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I would take all of those coaches over JDR. Mularkey, Caldwell, Fox would be a lateral move. The rest would get more out this offense than the 

Jackson, Guden..... those 2 would have got 10 wins out of this offense. Bowels has gotten more out of less talent this season alone. 

JDR is bottom 5. You can't convince me otherwise. You listed 5 coaches who don't have a QB. 1 interm coach. And the rest are guys producing equal or better records than JDR with less talent on offense.

Haha, yup. Both just opinions. Its ok we disagree.

Good -

Defense on third down. Weather conditions may have helped but Pagano has definitely improved the defense.

Pass coverage was much improved, Smith has played really well of late. Carrie has been our best CB all year ( props to Mad Stork who called it last year). 

M.Lee had a couple of nice plays and Morrows pass coverage has improved as the year has gone by. 

Sharpe was pretty good all game, showed enough to think he maybe ready to replace Penn if we can eek out another year. 

Bad -

Pass offense- Biggest let down all year tbh. Whether it’s Carr throwing too early or the receivers dropping the ball or running the wrong routes, it hasn’t been in sync at all. 

Concerning that Crabtree only played 45% of snaps. JDR claims it was “missed opportunities” as well as a hamstring late on. Not sure what he means by that. WR is top of my list of needs this off season.  

Ugly

Ball security, can’t give up the ball that many times on the road and expect to win.

Archived