The good, the bad, the ugly vs Steelers

NYRaider

1 minute ago, justwinbaby81 said:

No I know. I already looked it up. To say 1 starter out is anywhere near the injuries we have was just very funny to me. How many starters do we have out, 8? 

Close. I believe it was 5.  Adams, Mayer, Meyers, White, Munford.  We're missing a lot of our starters right now.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yup. Can't fault much of what Telesco has done thus far honestly. Best draft since 2014 easily. 

I like the 1st 3 picks but the roster building in the offseason was awful. Given his experience and track record, Chargers fans review have been spot on. He can hit the top picks in the draft but that’s it

Re-signing Andre James after we all knew he plateau last season 

Parham should have been moved to Center

Signing Cody Whitehair and Andrus Peat some of the worst starting guards in the league last season 

Not Replacing one of the NFL best RB in Jacobs with a starting caliber RB

No being aggressive in pre draft grabbing a QB in a deep draft

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

No I know. I already looked it up. To say 1 starter out is anywhere near the injuries we have was just very funny to me. How many starters do we have out, 8? 

I forgot to think about the defense again.  Like 30.  Too many.  I give up.  Like J. Jones on the tackle.

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And yes, the Raiders have more injuries. But let's not act like that was the challenge. They moved the ball fine early on. Made stops. It was the same lack of being prepared and playing disciplined ball that cost them again. The conservative offense played right into what the Steelers wanted.

Then just say that, don't lie to make it sound any worse for the Raiders. The Steelers may be the healthiest team in the league, especially with 21 of 22 starters in. We were outplayed, just stick with that. Don't need to pile on with lies, come on now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I like the 1st 3 picks but the roster building in the offseason was awful. Given his experience and track record, Chargers fans review have been spot on. He can hit the top picks in the draft but that’s it

Signing Cody Whitehair and Andrus Peat some of the worst starting guards in the league last season 

We signed one impact free agent and then sat on our hands with $30M in cap to spend too. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

When's the last time the Raiders hit on their top picks again? 

James was a value signing. Interior Oline was getting paid 100 mil. He's serviceable for the price. 

See above. Did you prefer they pay a guy like Hunt 100mil? Oline was grossly overpaid in FA this offseason. No fault in not panicking. They drafted JPJ and Glaze. 

Jacobs took the same deal to go to the Packers. Zamir looked the part to end last year. RBs are largely a product of the OC and AP hired Getsy

6 went in the top 12. What would you have them do? The team lacks talent from poor drafts prior. You wanted them to leverage picks to trade up for risky QB?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

The bolded is the craziest take I will be forced to see on this forum.  I just don't understand why fans keep thinking we had a shot at getting Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels without sacrificing 3-4 first round picks, M. Crosby, D. Adams, and 50M in straight cash.  No one was budging.  And the capital to get Nix or Penix was probably higher than people think as well.  I guarantee no one expected the Falcons to take Penix.  Except for the psychos in their draft room who can't wait to start him when he's already 28.

But yeah, I kind of get where you're coming from.  But I think a lot of people believe White could step up after the way he played at the end of the season.  And yeah, the OL FAs were bad, but this was also an offseason where guards were getting 20M per season on 4–5-year contracts.  They were massive contracts.  I would have been kind of thrown for a loop if I saw us signing an OG for 20M per season on a 5-year contract.  We'd be better off just drafting IOL which we did with JPJ.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

When's the last time the Raiders hit on their top picks again? 

James was a value signing. Interior Oline was getting paid 100 mil. He's serviceable for the price. 

See above. Did you prefer they pay a guy like Hunt 100mil? Oline was grossly overpaid in FA this offseason. No fault in not panicking. They drafted JPJ and Glaze. 

Jacobs took the same deal to go to the Packers. Zamir looked the part to end last year. RBs are largely a product of the OC and AP hired Getsy

6 went in the top 12. What would you have them do? The team lacks talent from poor drafts prior. You wanted them to leverage picks to trade up for risky QB?

I like how we said essentially the same thing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Then just say that, don't lie to make it sound any worse for the Raiders. The Steelers may be the healthiest team in the league, especially with 21 of 22 starters in. We were outplayed, just stick with that. Don't need to pile on with lies, come on now.

Wasn't trying to say that. Just saying all teams deal with injuries, some are better coached to manage it. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Wasn't trying to say that. Just saying all teams deal with injuries, some are better coached to manage it. 

Teams are better coached to manage it. But even your favorite, my favorite, everyone's favorite coach Sean McVay has his team at 1-4, mainly due to injuries. We are every bit as injured as them in impact players and just shear numbers. It's not an excuse for AP, it's just bad luck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This FA class was awful. Who did you want to spend it on?

Don't remember the FA class by heart but our roster is terrible and we had money to spend. Just feels like they decided to punt this season but the appeal of AP was that we were trying to build off of last season.

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Funny, I was just thinking after watching a few of his pod cast episodes that they’re good, but there always seems to be a loaded question or two posed by his fellow hosts aimed praise Maxx. I love the guy but maybe, just maybe he needs someone to keep him a little grounded. He’s probably the least of our worries really but I can totally see your point!

Yeah I mean I'd much rather have him than not. I don't hate the guy lol. 

But he needs to get humbled a bit. As soon as it became apparent he is really good between the sidelines, it seems like it went straight to his head. Maybe be a little more JJ/TJ Watt/Calais Campbell/Cam Jordan and less WR-Gone-DE? 

There's a line between being confident and having "swag" and being a complete tool. He's crossing that line more and more as time goes on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's coaching. The Rams and 49ers are injured everywhere, but they compete and win games with no names. The Packers started Malik Willis on short notice, coached him up to win a couple games. AP has nothing. He can't coach X's and O's and his team isn't motivated which is what he's suppose to be good at. What can he do?

Niners also drafted my boy Guerrero from Louisville while we drafted ya boy lube.

Willis has more arm talent and running ability than any qb on our roster.