Week 7: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

that's hard to do.. their defense is so damn good

and there is nearly no lead that is safe with Shanahan's 49ers   

they have earned their Master's Degree in the art of  snatching defeat from the jaws of victory 

Oh, it's a pipe dream, for sure.  And, I think you left out one key factor:  They are masters at clock management.  

They could be losing the time of possession battle all game long, but their defense will keep it close, and they'll get the ball last.  And, if they struggle, someone will commit DPI.  It's almost guaranteed.  Which brings me back to my point that you really need to have the ball last to beat the Chiefs in a meaningful game.  

49ers have misseed 10+ tackles 3 weeks in a row. Just like that 3 game skid last season, they're struggling. Hopefully the mini BYE, and also getting over the mental hurdle of not blowing a game late will help the 49ers tighten up as a unit. Hoping Pearsall gets some snaps. Could definitely use his help. Mason really needs to play.

Both teams are pretty banged up. I won't assume KC just wins. They haven't really dominated anyone yet. That could start against SF, but they could very easily get their first loss. If the 49ers at home get to 30 points, they probably take it. I'm gonna be a fanboy here, and have no regrets about it.

49ers 31

Chiefs 23

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I don't think the 9ers can beat the Chiefs, but maybe they will be themselves and take us along for the ride. 

if we're going to lose... i'd rather they just made it quick and put us out early. but that's not really how the chiefs win these days. 

they like to play with their food. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

This is my pipe dream.  This is so far a pipe dream it is to crazy to happen in my real dreams, but hear me out.  Lets go back 1 year, not to the super bowl, that would be depressing.  Lets go back to a revenge game... when we faced an undefeated team, the high flying low life eagles.  They were the NFC darlings of the NFL at the time, they beat us in the playoffs and I simply do not like them.  The 49ers so thoroughly destroyed their spirits that even now 12 months later they have not recovered.  Well, my pipe dream is this, that we so methodically destroy the Chiefs that they implode and can no long cause us bad feelings in the playoffs.

Chance of pipe dream happening... 0.00000000000000103% but as a dream I had to share it with you.  Spags is the mean man, and state farm is the path on which he unleashes his beast the MaAuto.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

49ers have misseed 10+ tackles 3 weeks in a row. Just like that 3 game skid last season, they're struggling. Hopefully the mini BYE, and also getting over the mental hurdle of not blowing a game late will help the 49ers tighten up as a unit. Hoping Pearsall gets some snaps. Could definitely use his help. Mason really needs to play.

Both teams are pretty banged up. I won't assume KC just wins. They haven't really dominated anyone yet. That could start against SF, but they could very easily get their first loss. If the 49ers at home get to 30 points, they probably take it. I'm gonna be a fanboy here, and have no regrets about it.

49ers 31

Chiefs 23

im still fuming that we didn't beat the Chiefs in the Superbowl. 

Beating the Chiefs in October would just piss me off even more

Edited by Herodreamer79

10 hours ago, straighthate said:

It won’t be close. Either the Niners use the mini bye to get right and start a dominating run, or, more likely, we get trounced and it’s over at halftime. One way or another I’m hoping for some starters getting some rest in the 4th quarter and we leave the game healthy. But Shanny never does that anyway. 

The Chiefs are not really blowing anyone out and did not do so last season either. But they own the crap out of us and win even when the talent discrepancy is clear. We seem to have a legitimate guard that can at least challenge Jones so that is nice but overall our lack of pass rush and inability to win against press coverage is going to be a bad match up against the Chiefs. Mahomes will also complete a few bombs against our safeties as he always does. Just hope we have enough athleticism on the field to match their offense. Just brutal seeing washed up Campbell trying to run when he just does not have it anymore.

Good sign that Ward was on the practice field yesterday. As I mentioned yesterday, he badly needed one week to recover as he's been hurt all season. Better play from Ward, more time for the rookie and we got something nice cooking on the back end. 

• Like 4